Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Hi there,

This is stuff that I made with a previous band that I thought I'd get feedback on. I felt I was doing the right stuff but if anybody has some other thoughts feel free to lay 'em on me. They're also on myspace :whistle:

www.myspace.com/castaliaband

My personal favourite to play was Motionless but Jack Daniel's was the crowd-pleaser

I don't want no money

I don't want no bread

Very nice, Cygnus. Sounds like a lot of work. You did a great job with that. The other day I was looking on another forum and a member posted a Bach melody and asked for folks to reharm it, so I took a swing. The melody he gave is in the first vln. Any idea as to where it came from?

Here's my Reharm

Our 'band' name is AudioMohel. Song 3 Challenge.

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2009/04/02/masters-of-song-fu-3-round-3-songs/

Some of my geek buddies (IT guys) wanted to try this out so we threw together a 'band' to enter.

Basically a 'song fu challenge' is presented every week and we have 1 week to write a song about it and submit. There's no real prizes but it's fun to see what we can come up with and what other people come up with. It's mostly parody or comedy ala Tenacious D or Flight Of The Concords...etc.

Disclaimer - We're not talking pro or even home studio quality production here or super artistic songwriting! We usually only get 1 afternoon to write it, record it and submit it.

That's my disclaimer in case you guys really think it sucks! LOL! :)

Well, I'm pretty new here and thought I'd share something that I created @ recorded at home - a tune called "Come Get Your Funky" - I'm a piano player more than a vocalist, so I hope the energy suffices! Had a lot of fun with the organ solo at the end on the way out...... All the best, Michael

http://www.4shared.com/file/78997334/f11ee788/ComeGetYourFunkyBounce1.html

Thanks for checking it out, Linwood and GBell. :thu:

Any idea as to where it came from?

Nope, but it sure looks like an interesting reharm. Gimme a few days and I'll record it on real fiddles and see wht it sounds like.

And you did that with Garritan and some real violin? Cool. I should dust off the String QUartet I had to write at university...

Yup, lots of real violin, maybe 25 tracks overdubbed. I'd like to hear the quartet!

MrHudson, I cant get your link to work, it wont download for me.

Whoa...that's really nice of you to even suggest. Don't knock yourself out, though. I'm just trying to learn to write for strings and such, so no telling what this crap looks like to a guy like you.

just starting out??!! Man, you've got a cool thing goin' on. I'm a DP user, but I've got Logic, as well. Tons of good stuff in logic. I just grabed those drum about 15mins ago. I really like the demo and I will buy a few kits this week. I love the way they broke it down and made it affordable. Feels really nice under the fingers.Anyway, back to your music: killer!

Well, not new to music, but, yeah, new to recording etc. at home - got the bug six months ago after picking up Logic - very, very, very addictive! So much potential at your fingertips these days....(Liked your Bach-ish reharm BTW) - I need to spend some time crafting stuff that isn't, well, of the commercial song form! The only thing I did with strings really was trying to add some backing to this song - need to turn them down in the mix, but a lot of fun to add...

http://dc19.4shared.com/download/73311848/d3bb104/STAY_V2_w_Strings.mp3

Had sometime last week and posted some new stuff I created in ProTools 8.

The Interlude and Lonely Women

There is also a Video clip of me using the BOOM and Xpand2 plug-in

Click here

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

Wow guys thanks!!! It's my mission to release a CD of stuff like this in 2009...so I really appreciate the feedback! Soon if I get the guts to do it, I'll share some of the other things I've got cooking.

That particular piece is almost all software. These days I'm on the road about 90% of the time. While I live in Chicago, I'm working in NJ. I brought a few things here with me, a CME UF5 (controller), FS1R, K2600RS and my Powercore. It's my "home away from home-studio". Half the time lately though I'm literally justing using a Nanokey and my laptop in a hotel room somewhere. Sorry, I'm making a short answer long....

In that piece I'm using Atmosphere for a simple pad. Most of the drums and rhythmic sounds are coming from Sample Logic's Elements (since I couldn't think of anything original at 3:00am is why I named the MP3 Elements). My wife bought me that software for Christmas and it is amazing. The piano is The Grand 2 from Steinberg. I'd be using my own piano sample but my K2600RS is in the shop. There is a vocal..type pad, thats the FS1R. The lead that I started messing around with as it fades out is the Virus running off the PowerCore.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Well, I need another reality check. It's 2:30 and I've been up late working on the same tune. Here's a new version:

Elements2.mp3

-Mike Martin

Casio

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Well, I need another reality check. It's 2:30 and I've been up late working on the same tune. Here's a new version:

Elements2.mp3

Great! I felt the first version was too short. I'm not keen on the fade out. I don't like fades as a rule, so you can take that with a grain of salt.

DigitalFakeBook Free chord/lyric display software for windows.

Mike,

Thanks for listening. The first version was really just a concept. I think the song is really starting to take shape. I agree about fades, I just didn't have a solid ending yet.

-Mike Martin

Casio