Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Phil! How's the BBQ coming along?

So yesterday Dak told me you were thinking about moving the annual BBQ fest to later in the year. Maybe sometime in September?

What's the scoop? I want to make sure I get the date booked.

And is Lee bringing the band again this year? It was definately one of the best sets of music I saw all year lat year! :thu:

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

carne...

asada...

I didn't get any last time!

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

It was mouth-wateringly delicious.

- Jeff

Yeah, yeah...it was too soon after my second angio-plasty to be woofin' down the asada...

But now I'm all ready for the meat! Actually I grilled up some pretty tasty carne asada fajitas myself last night...

-steve albini

Oh yeah! I forgot that heart surgery and big chunks of red meat aren't a good combination.

But Cereal's carne is in a class by itself. Thems good eats, my man. You can only purchase world-class carne asada in areas of town where you are likely to be killed, and I applaud Cereal for risking life and limb in order to procure meat for us.

- Jeff

It's perhaps between the CES and AES shows, around his birthday...That would be mid September.

Rob

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

Still have not set a date, but we're definitely leaning towards September, for a number of reasons... we're probably going to be putting new windows into the house and want to try to get a bunch of other stuff done this summer, and so I want to try to avoid any conflicts.

I doubt Lee and Co. are going to make it out this year. :(

I should have a date for everyone RSN.

Sorry for the delay. :o

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

You shoulda used a Lexicon. :D

- Jef

You really want to hear him twice!?

-steve albini

Originally posted by gearmike:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

You shoulda used a Lexicon. :D

- Jef

You really want to hear him twice!?
At least I don't have it set on "infinite repeat / regeneration" like Bralalalalala. :rolleyes:;)

... just when I was thinking you were bringing the mexican to prepare the Carne Asada... :(

... am I still invited?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Awww thanks for the vote of confidence Mike. We would love to make it out to Phil's this year... I don't know if it's in the cards though, as far as the timing and the finances working out. :( You never know though... as it gets closer we will have a better idea. We really don't want to miss it.

Archived