Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ani:

"I hear that people are killing Christians..."
WTF Chris, THAT was in reference to an ENTIRELY different continent... Northern Ireland happens to be in Europe, NOT Australia. :freak:
BTW- WTF, Chris? When did any part of Ireland get moved?

Enquiring minds want to know!

you know Ani - I think ourgreatest asset is our democracy.

here's a recent article from a correspondent in the UK after the UK elections.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Democracy-Aussies-do-it-better/2005/05/14/1116024405888.html

the key to our democracy is summed up in this phrase she uses: ask everybody their opinion, and ask their opinion of everybody.

cheers

john

Well, I filled out an online skills bank job locater on FedEx and with all answers applied as honestly and earnestly as possible (the skills bank did not allow me to elaborate on experience or acquired skills outside of those listed) and the profile matched me up with a Corporate Financial Advisor position in Memphis, TN and as an Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

What's FUNKED UP about this, is I steered clear of clicking on Finance... I worked finance at my job before the USPS and hated 7 years of hairpulling headaches. :mad: It's funny that their skills bank drew from my other entries and suggested that as a good match. Memphis???? How far is that from Nashville??? ;) Aussie sounds good though, so I'm going to continue looking into the listing that caught my interest. It's kind of odd though that Asia Pacific was not in the options of the skilles bank, but Germany was. You may be right Nursers, about the close knit territories of Aussie.

I dunno, with as bad as it's been getting at my location with the the toxic management; I'm looking for a change.

I'll have to do another profile for international territories.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by John Sayers:

Ani - australia was created as a penal colony - you could get "transported" for simply stealing a loaf of bread.

The first ships arrived in Sydney - the first penal colony - There were criminals and the police/military - together for 6 weeks on the ships. By the time they got here all was worked out. As you can see - most of the women were criminals.

But that was 200 years ago. Things have changed since then.

cheers

john

It's crazy how things like that work! Over here we have people that get prison time for carrying a bag of weed just above what's considered a misdemeanor; and yet we have the thugs that bump off politicians', steal the America public blind, ............

OH God, don't get me started on hard time criminals that walk the streets in America everyday. Half of them are occupying seats within Federal Organizations or holding Political Offices. :mad: ALL Parties inclusive... not political rant here!!!

It would be a breath of fresh air to even just visit a foreign land such as Aussie. Sounds beautiful and pleasant.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

you know Ani - I think ourgreatest asset is our democracy.

here's a recent article from a correspondent in the UK after the UK elections.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Democracy-Aussies-do-it-better/2005/05/14/1116024405888.html

the key to our democracy is summed up in this phrase she uses: ask everybody their opinion, and ask their opinion of everybody.

cheers

john

Nice article John, this shows what Democracy is SUPPOSED to be all about; the voice of the people.

Aussie women are not whores - women have won all the feminist demands like any other civilised country.

I live at the same latitude as Tampa florida and half the country is north of me,(north means hotter here) think carribean climate, summer all year round. Yet down south Tasmania is more like washington state, maine etc. with beautiful forests and rolling green hills.

Okay, okay, I get the idea, John, I'm moving to Australia!! It sounds great!!!

Oh, wait, this was for Ani... :D

Originally posted by Bon Mot:

Originally posted by Ani:

"I hear that people are killing Christians..."
WTF Chris, THAT was in reference to an ENTIRELY different continent... Northern Ireland happens to be in Europe, NOT Australia. :freak:
BTW- WTF, Chris? When did any part of Ireland get moved?

Enquiring minds want to know!

The point was that violence on a whole other continent has absolutely nothing with the question being asked, so to frame it in that context makes no sense.

Okay, I just chimed in again after a pretty testy day; I must say that even though I know Ani meant to say "local yokels", her malapropism is still somehow accurate.

"local yoko's". heh.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by Prague:

What's the deal with prostitution? When I was in Melbourne I was under the assumption it had some legality or something.

It's decriminalised. Brothels are allowed to operate in certain areas etc. In theory you could still be busted for soliciting in public areas, but otherwise it's fairly above board.

The same applies to cannabis in two states.

And yes, John indeed does live in God's own country up there. I only bag him because I'm jealous :D

Originally posted by nursers:

And yes, John indeed does live in God's own country up there. I only bag him because I'm jealous :D

That's down there to us Yanks.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by 4-Dak Recorder:

That's down there to us Yanks.
yeah.. thats because you are under the incorrect assumption that the northern hemisphere is on top!

some extra points...

As John pointed out.. Australians are very fast to accept new technology. For eg. We had 3 telephone companies that each covered more than 95% of the population with digital cellphone coverage before any american company had introduced digital cellphone technology to more than one state.

Some things we are slower on... we still only have television in the major cities. and only 1 % of the population can afford one. And even then... we only have 2 public channels.. but they are free to air!...

We also have kangaroo races up and down our streets. My pet kangaroo is called skippy. "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" is his full name.

A koala is NOT a bear!

Americans can NOT say "gday mate" and sound like an aussie... no matter how hard they try!

(so at least most of these things are true!)

:D

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Let me just sum this up.

Ani is crazy, and stupid, a particularly bad combination. Why is it so hard for everyone to see that? It's so fucking obvious, and yet everyone has been skirting this issue for....years now.

The woman is out of her TREE, not right, never been right, and probably never going to be right, UNLESS....

And you're just a mean, cold, son of a bitch. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :mad:

Couldn't handle the loss of attention, or what?

And how many times are you going to reply trying to instigate here into some flamefest? Who's doing the trolling now, asshole?

You know, people are people. And if they were all the same, life would be boring. Is Ani psycho? No more than the rest of the human race.

And regardless of whether of not you are annoyed by her presence, that still isn't any way to treat

a lady, or any fellow human being, for that matter.

I think you should apologize and just leave her alone.

So Ani, it looks like going to Australia is going to be BAD, so come-on down to Austin, we got it all!!!!! PLUS you can still work for the USPostal!!!!!! I live about one mile from the river and the local "ymca", and right next-door to the Barton Springs pool.

I'll get you a cheap 2/1 apartment where I manage and then you could move-on if you want to go-out to the suburbs in a house. Yes, you would like it here, and if you sing or play percussion or keys or some other stringed instrument, you can join our band!!!!!!

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by nursers:

My kangaroo's name is Skippy too. What a coincidence!

Do you race him in the Sydney kangaroo Derby every year? Mine won his age race last year... against 5 others called skippy! ;)

Originally posted by offramp:

Okay, I just chimed in again after a pretty testy day; I must say that even though I know Ani meant to say "local yokels", her malapropism is still somehow accurate.

"local yoko's". heh.

Now, this one "WAS" intentional; as in Yoko Ono. :D

It was sort of a play on some of the thread topics I witnessed here on the forums. ;)

Originally posted by pseudonym:

So Ani, it looks like going to Australia is going to be BAD, so come-on down to Austin, we got it all!!!!! PLUS you can still work for the USPostal!!!!!! I live about one mile from the river and the local "ymca", and right next-door to the Barton Springs pool.

I'll get you a cheap 2/1 apartment where I manage and then you could move-on if you want to go-out to the suburbs in a house. Yes, you would like it here, and if you sing or play percussion or keys or some other stringed instrument, you can join our band!!!!!!

Thank you Pseudonym. However, the USPS is exactly what I'm looking to get AWAY from. Also, my desire to escape to a place like Australia is because of the ambiguity and deceit in our current leadership here in America; ALL political parties....

Texas???? That one is WAY too politically biased for my taste.

Texas???? That one is WAY too politically biased for my taste.
Actually Austin is pretty liberal compared to the rest-of Texas, but I understand you wanting to get away from it all, I think the USA is going H*LL in a handbag too!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I checked-out the Australia thing awhile back and they just wouldn't let me in at my age and the fact that my trade isn't all that special, sooooooooo. :confused:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Archived