Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT--UFO & UAP Fascination/Curiosity?

ProfD

48 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Aliens arrived here about 2.5 million years ago and started an experiment with the dna of our biological ancestors.  They watch us for  entertainment and occasionally intervene, doing their best to remain unnoticed.

After 2.5 million years, I don't see the point of the rectal probes. We have less invasion ways of checking human temperature. 

If alien Intervention is to keep humans from blowing up the planet, we cannot no matter how many nuclear bombs are detonated.

We can only destroy our own existence. The planet will continue to thrive without us.

The earth is on schedule to spin for another 5 billion years before the sun burns out. I have a good idea of who won't be around long before that happens.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

59 minutes ago, ProfD said:

After 2.5 million years, I don't see the point of the rectal probes. We have less invasion ways of checking human temperature. 

If alien Intervention is to keep humans from blowing up the planet, we cannot no matter how many nuclear bombs are detonated.

We can only destroy our own existence. The planet will continue to thrive without us.

The earth is on schedule to spin for another 5 billion years before the sun burns out. I have a good idea of who won't be around long before that happens.😎

Yes. I agree, any rectal probing is for human entertainment, not alien.  

We’re in a simulation, it’s a game - 2.5 million years in our time is about an hour for them.  5 billion years is about 83 days for them.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

1 hour ago, ElmerJFudd said:

We’re in a simulation, it’s a game - 2.5 million years in our time is about an hour for them.  5 billion years is about 83 days for them.  

Reads like the basis for another alien movie script.😁😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

There is a theory that life could have transferred here from Mars by way of a bacteria infested meteorite tossed into space when Mars was hit by a meteor. NASA now takes measures to insure that probes are not contaminated with earth bacteria before sending them off to other planets.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

9 minutes ago, RABid said:

There is a theory that life could have transferred here from Mars by way of a bacteria infested meteorite tossed into space when Mars was hit by a meteor.

I've heard that theory. Yet, Mars itself has no viable life forms as far we know.

9 minutes ago, RABid said:

NASA now takes measures to insure that probes are not contaminated with earth bacteria before sending them off to other planets.

That's considerate.

The equivalent of sterilizing prior to surgery or washing hands with antibacterial soap.😁

Humans cannot survive outside the earth's atmosphere but there's a belief that bacteria could handle the trip.

If such is the case, we should round up and send all types of life forms to Mars. Drop them in oder to see what survives and adapts.

Of course, going back to find out which life forms are thriving on Mars could be another installment of the Riddick chronicles.🤣😎

• Haha 1

PD

We took our cat Jett to the vet years ago. At that time he was a fearless kitten afraid of nothing. The second she used the rectal thermometer everything changed. From then on and to this day he will not go near the front door or the garage as he associates that with going to the vet. When we first moved to our new place in South Carolina a couple of years ago he explored the garage maybe a couple of times but then reverted back to fighting you if you take him near the garage or front door. So a rectal probe can be a life-long traumatic experience even for an animal.

• Like 1

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

2 hours ago, Shamanzarek said:

So a rectal probe can be a life-long traumatic experience even for an animal.

If he were mine, I’d name that cat Cartman.

As all discerning observers know, South Park is a documentary.

Cartman gets probed by aliens

"I like rock and roll, man, I don't like much else."  John Lennon 1970

With regards to alien lifeforms and music....There's no guarantee any alien lifeforms will hear/see things the same way we do. Unless they evolved in the exact same way as humans and in the exact same environment as our planet, I would think there's going to be some radical differences between us and them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Konnector said:

With regards to alien lifeforms and music....There's no guarantee any alien lifeforms will hear/see things the same way we do. Unless they evolved in the exact same way as humans and in the exact same environment as our planet, I would think there's going to be some radical differences between us and them. 

I think someone should write a sci-fi story in which the aliens reject the West due to the horrible dissonance of the even-tempered 12-tone scale.  Then we're saved when they hear a barbershop quartet.

• Haha 1

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Late to this thread.  Love everything about life beyond our planet, intelligent or not.  Here's some stuff, buffs might find it interesting.  Not looking for little green men and flying saucers.  Rather, looking for “technical signatures”.

Breakthrough Listen

BLC1

WOW signal

A professor helping to explain all this, including new information on BLC1

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

52 minutes ago, TommyRude said:

Rather, looking for “technical signatures”.

It seems our high tech telescopes and satellites should be picking up noise and/or images considering how long it's been out there. 

Of course, any info gathered would not be shared with us until a whistleblower decides to spoil the cover-up. No different from sightings and crash landing retrievals. 

52 minutes ago, TommyRude said:

A professor helping to explain all this, including new information on BLC1

I know we're supposed to focus on the message and not the messenger. I could follow and understood everything he said.

Still, my inner comedian was distracted by his appearance and surroundings.

The dude works in broadcast. He's also wearing a wedding band.

I'm surprised the other half didn't encourage him to 'clean up' before the video shoot.

Tame the hair including the eyebrows. The man is a self-contained cotton factory.🤣😎

PD

Thinking and discussing aliens, IMO probably should include believing in religion, but since we can't have that discussion here, I'll stick to green beings from space.

Even though it can't be proved <yet> the vastness of the universe might have life but they like us are probably, living in our bubbles, which doesn't include Warp drive or Transporters. It would be naive to say if there is life that they are any smarter than us and can travel any further than us into the vastness of space. Staring at the sky, telescopes, rocket ships, etc. gives humans tools that we can grab onto and expand our knowledge of the universe but not being immortal, us and any other form of life could not live long enough to reach far enough out there that we find or witness each other.

I guess IMHO, thinking about aliens is a way for me to expand my thinking, my hopes and if true, answer questions that so far can't be proven.

🖖For now, let us live long and prosper as musicians.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

3 hours ago, 16251 said:

Even though it can't be proved <yet> the vastness of the universe might have life but they like us are probably, living in our bubbles, which doesn't include Warp drive or Transporters. It would be naive to say if there is life that they are any smarter than us and can travel any further than us into the vastness of space.

I'm surprised that you would base potential alien capabilities on our own current limitations. If you had lived 150 years ago, would you have said that they could have advanced no further than the steam engine? An alien society might have a million or even a billion years head-start on us. What we might be able to do in a million years (should we survive) is incomprehensible to us right now. Some of the, as yet, theoretical physics being pursued on this planet is mind-blowing (I've only read the dumb-ass versions). 

Evolution might also have a significant bearing on intelligence and scientific progress.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

17 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

I think someone should write a sci-fi story in which the aliens reject the West due to the horrible dissonance of the even-tempered 12-tone scale.  Then we're saved when they hear barbershop quartet bagpipes.

Fixed it for ya.

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

The one thing I do find interesting these days are these mysterious "orbs" that seem to be appearing everywhere. 

Metallic flying orbs seen around the world, baffling NASA and the Pentagon - National | Globalnews.ca

These have been caught on video, radar, etc. Apparently they are a "real" thing according to officials.  It's hard to believe that all of these reports are BS. The only thing people can agree on so far is that nobody has a clue as to what they are. I don't know what to think, but I keep an open mind regarding some of this stuff. (little grey aliens and huge black triangles in the sky not so much!) Maybe Elon Musk has some new toys...hah 

7 hours ago, Konnector said:

The one thing I do find interesting these days are these mysterious "orbs" that seem to be appearing everywhere. 

Metallic flying orbs seen around the world, baffling NASA and the Pentagon - National | Globalnews.ca

These have been caught on video, radar, etc. Apparently they are a "real" thing according to officials.  It's hard to believe that all of these reports are BS. The only thing people can agree on so far is that nobody has a clue as to what they are. I don't know what to think, but I keep an open mind regarding some of this stuff. (little grey aliens and huge black triangles in the sky not so much!) Maybe Elon Musk has some new toys...hah 

There's a very clear military video of one of these orbs, recorded by a drone flying over a conflict zone (I think it's Syria, but my memory is hazy).

On 10/10/2024 at 10:25 AM, MathOfInsects said:

The idea that these naked gray flying saucer dudes would just "borrow" a human for a little while has always cracked me up. Like "catch and release." Right.

We're up on Mars grabbing as much soil and rocks as we can find. If one of those soil samples has a little martian praying mantis in it, you think we're going to check it out for awhile then return it to the soil? We'd have that thing in a lab forever. But somehow these alien joyriders, who operate under cover of night so as not to be seen, are fine just sticking stuff in our butts and sending us back to tell the world about it instead of bringing us home into a lab forever or just killing us to dissect us. They have no curiosity about how we're made, they just like butt stuff. Okay, naked gray alien dudes. Keep it in your non-pants, huh?

Plus, how do they know how to operate our clothes?

And how do they know what a butt is? Why not just stick the probe in the hole they can see--our mouths?

The operating assumption is that most abduction/butt probe stories are childhood traumas of a specific kind, channeled into a narrative less painful than the real one. Sad but true. 

Also: If these guys are subverting the laws of time and space, why aren't people reporting the same kind of spacecraft every time? Weird how those alien ships take on the shape of whatever our homegrown flying machines of the day might be, as if our dirigibles were just one discovery away from interstellar travel. We haven't been on Earth very long, in the span of universal time. How do the aliens know to send a bunch of one kind ship when they're going to end up coming to us in 2024, and a bunch of a whole different kind of ship when they're going to end up visiting in 1960? That's some precision planning! 

What's that you say? There are different ships from different civilizations? So TWO alien civilizations discovered a habitable, resource-heavy planet at the same time, and they're fine both sometimes just swinging by for corn and butt stuff, without fighting between each other for who gets to own this demi-paradise, this other eden? Have you spend even a single second in a Costco parking lot? They'd be full Death Star in minutes. 

You and your butt stuff - just stop it right now! 😆

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2024 at 8:35 PM, ProfD said:

Now, if aliens can solve the incurable diseases humans have been dealing with for thousands of years, I'd like to hear from the AHOLE (Alien Health Organization Living Entity).

No seriously, stop! See, now I’ve just been asked to leave the library. 🤣

• Haha 1