Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC pets

Don't trust people that don't stop for puppies or babies...

IMG_6297.thumb.jpeg.d753eabda213805e263ead85dc454987.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 10

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

Great topic! Here are my three kitties. First up is Linus and Lucy, sibling stray cats that found us in 2015 as kittens. Then we have Frankie, another stray cat who showed up out of the blue in April of this year. He's about two years old. I can't have all three co-existing together (yet) as Lucy girl HATES Frankie. Linus tolerates him. So we have different feeding stations and sleeping arrangements. All three are indoor/outdoor cats.

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 10

Tough year at the Martin household. We lost 2 dogs and 1 cat this year (two of those last month). 

New to our home is this guy, Monte.  He may not appear it in this photo but he's BIG.  

74 lbs and very skinny right now. Very long like a Great Pyrenees - we sent off doggy DNA to figure out his mix.

IMG_5582-Edit.thumb.jpg.537937f1acff6b889e980624e5e64f6e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 12

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Long time cat person.  My limit is two cats.  One for each hand, no one gets jealous.  I like dogs too, but I live alone and cats are easier.

Pepper is 16 years old this year, I adopted her when she was six months old.  I picked the name before I even saw her - her coat has the colors of a pepper shaker.  Don't let her innocent appearance fool you, she is the territorial one.  She once cornered the neighbor's St Bernard by the shed.  That big dog would not go past the little kitty with the arched back and bared teeth.  I had to walk the dog home.

My little panther buddy is Tabasco.  I adopted him when he was three months old, he bonded to me fast.  He was a year old in the picture and is still feisty like that.  Loves to play and he is STRONG.  I almost lost him when he escaped outdoors just before the movers came to pack my house for the relocation to my new job 1100 miles away.  You can read about his miracle rescue that made him a celebrity - the rescue was in 2022 and I >STILL< get asked to tell his story at parties.

pepper-porch-wicker-chair-04.jpg

cat-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

My two cats are both gone now. First time in my entire life there's been no pets in the house. Haven't replaced them and I don't think I will at this point as we're doing more travelling these days. One less hassle to have to deal with when we're not around. Maybe later on down the road when we're old and feeble I'll revisit the pet thing.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Konnector said:

My two cats are both gone now. First time in my entire life there's been no pets in the house. Haven't replaced them and I don't think I will at this point as we're doing more travelling these days. One less hassle to have to deal with when we're not around. Maybe later on down the road when we're old and feeble I'll revisit the pet thing.

I'm a few years from retiring, and when my two cats are gone they're the last ones I will own.  I'm growing tired of the chores of owning cats.  When I'm retired I want to be free to travel and not have to hire a cat sitter to care for them.  I've had cats all my life and I'm ready for a break.

16 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

I'm a few years from retiring, and when my two cats are gone they're the last ones I will own.  I'm growing tired of the chores of owning cats.  When I'm retired I want to be free to travel and not have to hire a cat sitter to care for them.  I've had cats all my life and I'm ready for a break.

I’m not going to find a new buddy for now either.  The last year was tough.   But when my kid is grown and we’re empty nesting I’m sure we’ll be ready again. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I had a friend with a notionate little poodle-oid dog who was the center of the universe. Smart and a real character. Her aunt stopped by and she failed to greet her majesty, who turned her back on her. When she finally acknowledged her, she just looked over her shoulder and delivered a harpoon of stinkeye. :roll:

"I don't trust any man who doesn't like dogs." ~ Winston Churchill

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Let there be dancing in the streets,
   drinking in the saloons and
    necking in the parlors! Play, Don!"
       ~ Groucho Marx    

My wife and I have been together since the Spring of 1970. We've never had kids so our dogs have always been "our kids". All through the decades we've always had two, usually separated by a 4-5 year age difference span between the two. One tragically passes and then after a month of grieving, we normally get another younger one, maybe a year or two old, most often a rescue.

However with Lacey, getting close to an 11 year old Border Collie mix, she has been our only child these past 5 years or so. We tried bringing another Border Collie into the house from the same rescue agency, "Border Collies in need", in the South Bay some years ago but it didn't work out. Maybe 3 years had gone by since the other had passed and by that time Lacey was too set in her ways and used to being the "only dog".

We got her on 7/18/14, a day after my 61st Birthday and 5 weeks after our beloved Golden Retriever, Jenna, unexpectedly had a stroke just short of her 14th Birthday. That ripped us apart.

I was still running good mileage at 61 and Lacey accompanied me on every run. We've gone as far as 17 miles together when she was in her prime. I've calculated we've put in 13,000 miles together over the the last 10 years. Now, like her dad, the dreaded osteoarthritis is limiting the higher mileage like we both used to do.  But she's still out there everyday walking and running a little. We love her so much. ❣️

96F40739-B671-462A-8E01-6324C73AFCCC_1_201_a.jpeg

BB0CD86B-1684-4453-9F57-F67007A3EDCD_1_201_a.jpeg

7D263909-A367-4E99-B64E-12037A8C15F2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 11

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

Lizzie our rescue GSD. She's 11 going on 12 and has some mobility issues. We know it's not DM as we had her tested when we got her. Loves people does not tolerate other dogs. (probably a result of her life before we got her).  A smart, protective, and happy German Shedder.

IMG_20210113_151931670[1].jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie now serving the Lord in Bryant AR)

Here's my little buddy Rex, a barfly and soprano...

He's around 12, a rescue who's been with me for 8 1/2 years now, love him to bits!

-5985615816009303176_121.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 8

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Marty the beagle rescue (they got 24 of them on President’s day 8 years ago, so if we put Martin Van Buren on his tags he couldn’t lift his head). If I practice too long he sits on the Hammond pedals to let me know it’s time for a walk. Total pisser.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Our girls, or as my grown daughter calls them, "the Replacement Children". Got the Husky / Shepherd first and added the three legged monster (Lab / Beagle) because the husky has severe separation anxiety. Pretty much cured that issue right up when nothing else worked. They're a never ending source of amusement and, of course, unconditional love. Both rescues. 

20231226_1738432.thumb.jpg.9e6eb62c6e42feb804db3da9bd4b8a0b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

This is my cat Jett. I have had cats most of my life and Jett is the best of all of them. When he was a kitten he sat and watched me change the strings on my guitar. When I was done he walked over and plucked a string with his mouth. About eight years ago I was patting him and noticed he was purring loudly. So I started hand drumming on him and he loved it. Now he expects me to drum on him every day and my hand drumming skills have improved immensely. I checked on YouTube and other people do have cats that like to be drummed on. When I come across other cats I try drumming on them but none have put up with it for very long.

IMG_0512.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 9

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

This is Jack, almost 4 years old, 60% Pit Bull, 16% Australian Cattle Dog, and about equal parts Great Pyrenees, Bassett and Collie for the rest. We adopted him when he was just over a year, and he is the most loyal and loving dog I’ve ever lived with, a totally sweet and non-aggressive guy who loves other dogs and people. He was a rescue from Oklahoma, and was very fearful of a lot of stuff (children, bicycles, large trucks, etc.) when we first adopted him, but has been very adaptable and open to training. 

IMG_3441.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

It's funny how the social pets are around visitors.  Some recognize voices, some recognize vehicles.  When I was married I could tell that my parents were at the door when the dog's barking changed to a happy yipping.  The smart pets recognize the sound of vehicles belonging to frequent visitors - I had a cat who would sit at the door when he heard my parents' car pull in.  When I come home from work, both of my cats are greeting me at the door.

4 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

It's funny how the social pets are around visitors...

It's also pretty easy to pick out people who know how to act around dogs if they're a stranger. I'm to the point where I coach people before they come to my house for the first time on how to keep my dogs from acting like hostile aliens are invading. 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/