Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New images of the Moog Muse

Apparently around $4000, saw a post from someone in Norway who had seen it listed in an online store there, with price.

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Looks like a Moog and a Yamaha CS had a baby.  

• Haha 3

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

spacer.png

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

11 minutes ago, Tusker said:

Any historians here?

I love ADSR sliders but .... when was the last time we saw them on a Moog? 

The Polymoog?moog-polymoog-synthesizer-133x-1_1024x10

• Like 1

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4; IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

D8mn. I can see some Grandmother and Matriarch in it.😊

The Muse might look really nice atop my Rhodes. I've already got the magic fairy dust in my hands.🤭😎

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

13 hours ago, mate stubb said:

They need to price this considerably downscale from One prices to sell many.

But 3 VCOs 2 LFOs, 2 VCFs, FX, 8 voices sounds like a lot of hardware.

I only see 2 VCOs.

Just now, mate stubb said:

There is a modulation vco per voice that I am sure can do vco 3 duties, as well as 2 more dedicated lfos.

Yeah, the modulation oscillator is present as a mixer channel, so I guess it can be be used in the audio path as well.

34 minutes ago, Tusker said:

Any historians here?

I love ADSR sliders but .... when was the last time we saw them on a Moog? 

I remember them from Moog Rogue, owned one for a couple of months, ended up selling it as there was no way for me to have a synth without presets in my rig at the time, I just got it for a good price and couldn't resist it...

:)

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

9 hours ago, J.F.N. said:

Apparently around $4000, saw a post from someone in Norway who had seen it listed in an online store there, with price.

For no good reason, I was idly hoping that it would hover in the same competitive $3499 area as the OB-6 & Prophet-6. It seems like an easy bet to say that people who couldn't quite go for the Moog One will eat it up. I wrinkle my nose at the Polymoog-like sliders, which were too wobbly on the original. Build toughness still TBD. The 5 octaves decision gives me some hope about it having a serious engine. No company springs for that unless its a solid part of the synth's price point, where 4 octaves has become the standard. I'm liking the idea of a Matriarch/Grandmother mashed into a Prophet-style slab form. 🤓   

Do what makes you happy this week.
So long as it’s not eating people.
Eating people is bad.
People have diseases.
      ~ Warren Ellis

1 hour ago, David Emm said:

For no good reason, I was idly hoping that it would hover in the same competitive $3499 area as the OB-6 & Prophet-6. It seems like an easy bet to say that people who couldn't quite go for the Moog One will eat it up. I wrinkle my nose at the Polymoog-like sliders, which were too wobbly on the original. Build toughness still TBD. The 5 octaves decision gives me some hope about it having a serious engine. No company springs for that unless its a solid part of the synth's price point, where 4 octaves has become the standard. I'm liking the idea of a Matriarch/Grandmother mashed into a Prophet-style slab form. 🤓   

Could be that the Norwegian price included VAT, and then you're right on the spot... I didn't see that price myself (one has to login and I can't be bothered creating an account).

From Gearnews about the Norway leak:

"Price of Moog Muse was listed as 47380 kroner which translates to around $4300 USD. No word yet on availability."

As it's a reseller I assume the price would be displayed including VAT, but I don't have the facts here...

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

3 hours ago, CHarrell said:

I thought I saw posts on here a little bit ago saying it closed?

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the retail section closed but there is still a smaller team there that will be building/assembling the higher end instruments.

Jazz is the teacher, Funk is the preacher!

On 7/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, wineandkeyz said:

The Polymoog?

Good call. 👏 But not exactly four stage envelopes right? I'm digging the Roland influence on this Moog Muse, if we can call it that. Can we call it that? 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tusker said:

…I'm digging the Roland influence on this Moog Muse, if we can call it that. Can we call it that? 😅

Those “Chicklets” buttons definitely capture the Roland vibe. :thu:

• Like 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw