Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BX3 50% off until may 21

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=HammondB3XKrazy2024

Is 49:95 as low as it goes?

What is the opinion of it in 2024? Anything better out there?

Is it possible to rout another clone thru its Leslie sim?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

It still is $149 at the apple app store.

So maybe the discount is only for win/Mac or maybe you can get a rebate if you want ios.

I'm sure that's the lowest it will go unless ik mm is about to crash.

No you can't use the onboard leslie with other sound sources.

• Like 2

FunMachine.

5 minutes ago, Baldwin Funster said:

So maybe the discount is only for win/Mac or maybe you can get a rebate if you want ios.

Thanks! Yes the sale is for Mac/Win

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Love B-3X, used the IOS version live for about a year with my Modx.   I especially like the amp/cab options with the leslies that can blend with the guitar ones.   I haven't been using it lately as my newer keyboards are "good enough" with organ to not want to hook up an ipad, and at home I'm still using Logic's organ on my mac.  I suppose I could rig up the ipad to play as an external midi device, though honestly Logic's organ sounds quite good to me so again I haven't bothered for the small amount I use organ at home.

4 hours ago, Baldwin Funster said:

I paid $29 a few years ago. 

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

13 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Love B-3X, used the IOS version live for about a year with my Modx.   I especially like the amp/cab options with the leslies that can blend with the guitar ones.   I haven't been using it lately as my newer keyboards are "good enough" with organ to not want to hook up an ipad, and at home I'm still using Logic's organ on my mac.  I suppose I could rig up the ipad to play as an external midi device, though honestly Logic's organ sounds quite good to me so again I haven't bothered for the small amount I use organ at home.

Does the iOS version still exist?

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Hmm, have no idea.  I haven't fired up my ipad in quite a while, I'd hope at the very least the app would still work even if they aren't selling it anymore!

16 hours ago, HammondDave said:

I got mine "free" with the huge 25x1 offer on IK Multimedia 25th anniversary sale. I bought an iRig Keys I/O 49 controller so the large amount of software added to the physical thing. It was quite a good opportunity! 😃

21 hours ago, HammondDave said:

My point was if the OP was going to wait for a deeper discount than $49 he's going to miss out waiting for a maybe never price of $29. Good luck with that.

FunMachine.

What is the current best connection for using an iPad live? They don’t make those little Korg things anymore, right?

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

I use a mini 5 since it has an audio out. Power supplied by the Apple Camera Connection and also gives me a USB out.

Using a mini 6 I use a Hyperdrive hub. 

Hope this helps.

IMG_2660.jpeg

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

7 hours ago, Baldwin Funster said:

My point was if the OP was going to wait for a deeper discount than $49 he's going to miss out waiting for a maybe never price of $29. Good luck with that.

I missed out on the $29 deal. Bought it during the last sell for $49 minus I think thirty percent, which was the max discount they would allow with my IK bucks that I had collected over the years.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

3 hours ago, RABid said:

I missed out on the $29 deal. Bought it during the last sell for $49 minus I think thirty percent, which was the max discount they would allow with my IK bucks that I had collected over the years.

I you really want/need it, $29 or $49 is not a big deal. I buy all my music software when on sale. Sometimes it is not at the absolute minimum price it has or will reach, but well, my time is also worth some money, so I am not losing too much of it trying to get the absolute minimum on each purchase 😅

1 hour ago, Chummy said:

wait, isn't B-3X the engine inside Hammond Suzuki XK-5 keyboard (same sound)? I remember being on a friends PC and seeing an 'XK-5' label somewhere in the settings.

You may have seen this in Settings>Profile where the MIDI controls are pre-mapped to SK/XK series if they're used as controllers.

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

RIght. Any current/recent Hammond models listed in B3X are MIDI mappings to use those boards as controllers, that's all.

I've seen it said elsewhere that the B3X engine is the same as SK Pro (or similar)... personally, I suspect the IK software is entirely separate, and the Hammond name on it is merely a licensing agreement for use of the name. But even *IF* there is shared code, it is not identical. If nothing else, the set of editing parameters is entirely different. So even if there were some common base, neither would be able to duplicate all the other is capable of, because the available set of editable parameters is different.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

How is the learning curve for installation and midi controller hookup? I hate to drive anyone else I know crazy like I did when I tried to install VI labs Ravenscroft....which was never successful .Does B3X have any connection to the Hammond Suzuki products?

On 5/4/2024 at 6:12 PM, AnotherScott said:

RIght. Any current/recent Hammond models listed in B3X are MIDI mappings to use those boards as controllers, that's all.

I've seen it said elsewhere that the B3X engine is the same as SK Pro (or similar)... personally, I suspect the IK software is entirely separate, and the Hammond name on it is a licensing agreement. But even *IF* there is shared code, it is not identical. If nothing else, the set of editing parameters is entirely different. So even if there were some common base, neither would be able to duplicate all the other is capable of, because the available set of editable parameters is different.

I used b3x for a while, and used an sk pro for a while.

They don't sound the same to me, at least with the settings I used.   And the cabs/amp options are pretty different.  For example, with B3x I could mix a leslie with a guitar amp/cab to taste.  It sounded a lot louder/brighter on the top end right out of the gate too.

I also suspect they are entirely different, but in the end it's a hammond + leslie so of course there will be some similarities!  :)  Both can sound darn good to my ear, though I'm not really an organist by any stretch of the imagination.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:49 AM, Mitch Towne said:

What is the current best connection for using an iPad live? They don’t make those little Korg things anymore, right?

The usb connection for sure, if you have a board that can do it, eg on my Yammy CK61. One cable for midi and audio. I have B-3X but VB3M is much simpler and sounds great in the situations I have used it in. As my new rig evolves I’ll probably switch to B-3X, but even with all its options, VB3M has a couple of advantages for me - firstly I have the split keyboard option mapped to a controller so I can use it or not without having to switch programs (B-3X can only do this directly on the app). Secondly VB3M runs on an iPhone, making a convenient backup, or easy solution when I’m travelling light.

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, VB3M, B3X, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

I paid 39,99€ (plus taxes: 48,39€) on January the 1st for the Mac OS version. 

NS4 73HA, Yamaha MODX7+, Korg C1 Air, Roland TD1-DMK, Harley Benton TalkBox, Sony F-760 dynamic microphone, Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen, M-Audio Track Duo, MacBook Air M1, Logic Pro 11, Kontakt 7, Mainstage, Cubasis 3 (IOS), Korg Module (IOS),

IMG_4712.thumb.jpeg.2d13645f1d5a5d41fd3658c95ca174ba.jpeg

NS4 73HA, Yamaha MODX7+, Korg C1 Air, Roland TD1-DMK, Harley Benton TalkBox, Sony F-760 dynamic microphone, Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen, M-Audio Track Duo, MacBook Air M1, Logic Pro 11, Kontakt 7, Mainstage, Cubasis 3 (IOS), Korg Module (IOS),

I would probably have gone with  vb3m for IOS if had been out at the time.   It's much cheaper, sounds good, and the phone option is a nice backup plan (or even the primary plan, if you map everything out).  Very easy to velcro a phone somewhere on your stand!  :) 

For now think I'll stick with Logic's vintage organ for computer, I could always hook up the ipad running b3x as an external sound source if I cared to, presumably.

38 minutes ago, SteinwayB said:

I wonder why the mac/pc version is so much cheaper than the ios.

Usually the ios is cheaper. Or at least was for a long time. Now that ios has gained credibility as a music platform I suspect the low price lure of ios versions of apps will be not a thing very much longer.

BTW it seems that actual sound quality of cheaper ios versions of multi platform apps is not compromised in any app I've heard.

FunMachine.