Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Organ clone internal sims (gas related)

I use two different organ generators, I use the '61 A102 when I use the Vent or Burn and recently went back to the default organ generator when I use the internal sim.  I find these two combinations to provide more consistency in sound regardless of the setup i use. I do like the Vent better and the BURN only lags in the horn (not as good as the Vent's horn) but I have the internal sim good enough that I only use the Vent/Burn as a change of pace.  Trust me, nobody but the k/b player will know the difference, they're that close.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I use the original Mini Vent for Organ with the remote mod installed by Bruce.   I hope to never replace it… knock on wood.   

It’s mounted in the back of my rack.  It kept coming loose in transit.  I told my tech that I don’t want it to come loose ever again   It could flop around and break other stuff in the rack.  Mark said “Okay!”  

He fixed it. It is permanently mounted down with steel straps held by rivets.  God willing it isn’t going anywhere. 😀

IMG_2015.jpeg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

41 minutes ago, CEB said:

I use the original Mini Vent for Organ with the remote mod installed by Bruce.   I hope to never replace it… knock on wood.   

It’s mounted in the back of my rack.  It kept coming loose in transit.  I told my tech that I don’t want it to come loose ever again   It could flop around and break other stuff in the rack.  Mark said “Okay!”  

He fixed it. It is permanently mounted down with steel straps held by rivets.  God willing it isn’t going anywhere. 😀

IMG_2015.jpeg

That's how I mounted my car radio in my 196? VW bug back in the day.

• Like 1

FunMachine.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:01 PM, Delaware Dave said:

The latest and greatest is HX3.6

I'm using the 3.4, understand that the main thing in 3.5 was the extended organ types, nothing I believe I would have use for, so what's new in 3.6?

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

When KeyboardPartner introduced version 3.6 of HX3, they advised that an update from version 3.5 to 3.6 "makes little sense" because "3.6 offers no sound advantage" but "is just a result of the fact that we were forced to switch to other FPGA chips" because of supply problems.