Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MAG organs

Wny dont you write them and ask?  What makes you think we have insider info that you dont?  And if we did we probably wouldnt be allowed to share it with you ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

3 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

Wny dont you write them and ask?  What makes you think we have insider info that you dont?  And if we did we probably wouldnt be allowed to share it with you ....

Ok……thank you……

16 hours ago, ludo said:
20 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

Ok……thank you……

Here, I took the liberty of composing such a letter suggested by Delaware, forthwith.   I am quite confident that Delaware Dave could do better, but I think this should be sufficient to arrive at your quest without the concerns of violations of confidentiality agreements by forum users:

Good sir or madam,

I greet thee well. I compose this missive to inquire whether thou still yet engaged in trade, for I possess an interest in thy wares. No tidings have reached mine ears, hence, prithee, inform me of the manner in which I should proceed. Such knowledge would be received with great gratitude.

I remain at thy service, awaiting thy counsel via horseback if thou may.

Yours faithfully,

Ludo of South Camberton.

• Haha 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

16 hours ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

Every now and then folks on this forum DO have insider info that the rest of us don't! Consider me watching this thread.

Absolutely, and/or the question may have been asked elsewhere and someone here saw it and knows the answer, or something was revealed at NAMM that answers the question, etc., etc.

OP, I hope you won't be discouraged by that response. There are a couple of folks here who do have a line to the MAG folks, so you never know. 

• Like 2

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

3 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

Absolutely, and/or the question may have been asked elsewhere and someone here saw it and knows the answer, or something was revealed at NAMM that answers the question, etc., etc.

OP, I hope you won't be discouraged by that response. There are a couple of folks here who do have a line to the MAG folks, so you never know. 

I’ve made Max aware of this thread. Hopefully he will weigh in like before. 

• Like 1

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I would be highly interested in finding out how MAG gets such great results from the HX3 or HX3.5 sound engine. I am still trying to edit the chorus vibrato on HX3 and all I do is manage to make it worse....which is totally possible with all the parameters there.I spoke to Christian at Keyboard Partner and he suggested using C1 setting instead of C3......well sorry....that shows a lack of understanding IMO .Anyway Darren got a great sound on his last video post....

43 minutes ago, mrk7421 said:

Anyway Darren got a great sound on his last video post....

Why dont you ask darren for his C/V settings?  My guess is that he hardly tweaked them at all.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I did ask.....I think he would need to get in the organ internally or something. I also have Mojo and Viscount modules so not such a big deal to try to monkey with HX3 again. I have sort of gathered this modules over time and prefer other controllers to Fatar action....though I do like the latest Mojo keybed. I have demoed HX3.5.........didn't seem all that different than HX3.   

6 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

Why dont you ask darren for his C/V settings?  My guess is that he hardly tweaked them at all.

I haven’t tweaked the organ at all. As I’ve said elsewhere, I don’t have a Windows computer so it’s really inconvenient for me to do anything like that. I have to borrow laptops from people which is a pain in the butt. Unfortunately there’s also makes it hard for me to let you know what my settings are. Maybe when Max gets to this thread, he can publish the settings here.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I edit HX3 manually from the front of the organ. Most of what I do just serves to screw it up....so I like Key B because you can't edit it. Elvio at Key B had Joey D as his beta tester and it shows. .I have heard people bitch about the Key B  C / V and I don't get it . One of these days I might see a MAG organ but after I get done trying to edit HX3 it ends up sounding like a NAG organ......

28 minutes ago, mrk7421 said:

I edit HX3 manually from the front of the organ. Most of what I do just serves to screw it up....so I like Key B because you can't edit it. Elvio at Key B had Joey D as his beta tester and it shows. .I have heard people bitch about the Key B  C / V and I don't get it . One of these days I might see a MAG organ but after I get done trying to edit HX3 it ends up sounding like a NAG organ......

Since darren didnt edit the c/v as he doesnt have a computer to do so he is using the standard defaults of the organ.  If you did a factory reset of hx3 then the c/v would default to darrens settings which you said earlier that you liked....

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Hi Guys, Max from MAG Organs here,

Yes it's right the website has been down for a long time ... and the "ball" is on my side of the pitch. I have to review/write a couple of pages of text, but I must say that thanks to the good word of mouth spread around my MAG clients the order intake remains very strong., and time is always short... so the priorities are others in these hours.  There will indeed be some news in the product line with a new compact and light single keyboard model (and not only ,... 🙂) so in the next weeks the website will be again up and running.

About the C/V settings, I don't remember if at the time I delivered the organ to Darren, I used to tweak the settings, recently (late HX3.5 and HX3.6) I simply keep the stock settings that are pretty much close to my reference mint A-100. Of course, if you have an Mk4 module you might consider that with the 3.5 and 3.6 some significant improvements were introduced in that area of chorus/vibrato, so it might be not possible to replicate the sound of the latest models.
On the other hand,  while the MAGs are based on the wonderful sound engine designed and produced by the true genius of Carsten Meyer of keyboardpartner.de they have a proprietary Extension board that integrates an analog section where the organ signal is treated for offering the Volume Normal/Soft tab, the analog volume control, the high-quality reverb module dedicated to the reproduction of the physical springs, the Effect Loop, before being sent to the separate rotary emulation board (for now still the vent, but... stay tuned ... :-)) which will finally balance the output L+R signals. 
In other words (as much as some contributors of other forums and/or FB groups keep considering MAGs just an HX3 with keyboard(s)) you can make a MAG sound like the other HX3-based modules/organs but the opposite is not true ... 🙂  
If there are some other questions I'd happily reply. Time doesn't allow me to monitor diligently as I should do this forum, but for a while, I'll be hanging on here.
Max 

• Like 3
MAG Custom Organs

33 minutes ago, mrk7421 said:

My Numa Organ1 and my KeyB Duo had the same "engine" and it totally nailed the sound of my old C3/ leslie 145. Hope Elvio can transform that into the Legend Soul.

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

16 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

My Numa Organ1 and my KeyB Duo had the same "engine" and it totally nailed the sound of my old C3/ leslie 145. Hope Elvio can transform that into the Legend Soul.

I really liked my Numa 1... though I thought the rotary effect of the Numa 2 was actually better! (But IIRC, the "artifacts" i.e. some or all of the key click/leakage/drive parameters were better on the 1.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

4 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

I really liked my Numa 1... though I thought the rotary effect of the Numa 2 was actually better! (But IIRC, the "artifacts" i.e. some or all of the key click/leakage/drive parameters were better on the 1.)

I tried the Numa2 but like you I liked the "artifacts" of the 1.

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

37 minutes ago, ghiromax said:

Hi Guys, Max from MAG Organs here,

Yes it's right the website has been down for a long time ... and the "ball" is on my side of the pitch. I have to review/write a couple of pages of text, but I must say that thanks to the good word of mouth spread around my MAG clients the order intake remains very strong., and time is always short... so the priorities are others in these hours.  There will indeed be some news in the product line with a new compact and light single keyboard model (and not only ,... 🙂) so in the next weeks the website will be again up and running.

About the C/V settings, I don't remember if at the time I delivered the organ to Darren, I used to tweak the settings, recently (late HX3.5 and HX3.6) I simply keep the stock settings that are pretty much close to my reference mint A-100. Of course, if you have an Mk4 module you might consider that with the 3.5 and 3.6 some significant improvements were introduced in that area of chorus/vibrato, so it might be not possible to replicate the sound of the latest models.
On the other hand,  while the MAGs are based on the wonderful sound engine designed and produced by the true genius of Carsten Meyer of keyboardpartner.de they have a proprietary Extension board that integrates an analog section where the organ signal is treated for offering the Volume Normal/Soft tab, the analog volume control, the high-quality reverb module dedicated to the reproduction of the physical springs, the Effect Loop, before being sent to the separate rotary emulation board (for now still the vent, but... stay tuned ... :-)) which will finally balance the output L+R signals. 
In other words (as much as some contributors of other forums and/or FB groups keep considering MAGs just an HX3 with keyboard(s)) you can make a MAG sound like the other HX3-based modules/organs but the opposite is not true ... 🙂  
If there are some other questions I'd happily reply. Time doesn't allow me to monitor diligently as I should do this forum, but for a while, I'll be hanging on here.
Max 

Thank you Max... now, what i have to do to buy one off your organs ???

• Like 1

Ditto on original Numa 1!!!!! I can't tell you how much HELL I got from the Hammond Suzuki fanboys when I first started posting about it. Unfortunately the power supply or whatever but the dust recently....but I have Viscount module and love it.                                                                                                                        I don't know when I am ever going to see a MAG.....in the meantime I hope to fine tune the HX3 I have. Does MAG have an updated keybed? I assume they are not cheap .........meanwhile I have decided to go back to tonewheel....my new love is a 1954 B-2 with Trek percussion.Was under $1000 with Leslie! Finding I prefer Trek percussion because....it has PERCUSSION VOLUME right there and also second/ fifth harmonic mix. 

• Like 1

Nice to hear from MAG organs but I didn't get much info about CV settings or what exactly if different about HX3.6:etc. Fortunately for me I live close to McIntosh Audio where Michael does service on HX3 Crumar, Viscount ,Hammond Suzuki and a variety of other keyboards ,amps etc.So  I will be checking out HX3.6 soon. Apparently Michael can update HX3 to HX3.6 by replacing a main board.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If MAG organs would like to contact McIntosh Audio you can do so through me. He is the main service tech for most of the above companies and I am sure he would like to communicate with MAG. His rates are very reasonable and you couldn't find a better person to service clonewheels and other keyboards. Location is Salem Oregon.

On 2/10/2024 at 3:00 PM, mrk7421 said:

Nice to hear from MAG organs but I didn't get much info about CV settings or what exactly if different about HX3.6:etc. Fortunately for me I live close to McIntosh Audio where Michael does service on HX3 Crumar, Viscount ,Hammond Suzuki and a variety of other keyboards ,amps etc.So  I will be checking out HX3.6 soon. Apparently Michael can update HX3 to HX3.6 by replacing a main board.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If MAG organs would like to contact McIntosh Audio you can do so through me. He is the main service tech for most of the above companies and I am sure he would like to communicate with MAG. His rates are very reasonable and you couldn't find a better person to service clonewheels and other keyboards. Location is Salem Oregon.

mrk7421, I'm sure Michael from MA will help you with every HX3-related point you might have. I'm already in touch with him. About mk4 ( 3.4) C/V settings if you reload the stock parameters as somebody else already suggested you will come pretty close to the MAG settings used at that time.
Compared to the latest version of the 3.5 SW don't expect to hear any significant variation in the sound of the 3.6 (assuming the 2 HX3 boards have identical settings) the switchover has been more related to the availability of a newer chip generation than to the need to introduce something that couldn't be implemented in the latest 3.5 SW 
Good luck with your upgrade

Max

MAG Custom Organs

Hey thanks  Max I was the one who  introduced McIntosh Audio to Crumar and Keyboard Partner initially and that led to other things....I am somewhat devil's advocate over there from time to time.....but basically I had a Hammond rental operation and I rented to many major players.......  Joey and Dr  Lonnie are gone now but people like Tony Monaco and Brian Auger have been customers clients in the past though things have slowed down a lot.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           HX3 let me down initially but I will get out hear 3.6 at Michael's soon.....I think he has seen one MAG by now  But we do hope to see some on the  west coast .I will discuss with him.....there may be some outlets here that might have interest but my assumption is that MAG would be sold direct. But hope to see one.

18 hours ago, mrk7421 said:

Is MAG using the default CV settings on HX3.6???? If so I will go to hear that.....should be of interest because most the clonewheel clients around seem to appear at Michael's eventually......

For now yes, if you go to test the 3.6, be sure to check the 3 B-3 organ models, the major differences among them are in the C/V settings. and don't forget to tame a bit down the 2 params for the key-click if you like the MAG Sound ...  

MAG Custom Organs

18 hours ago, mrk7421 said:

But we do hope to see some on the  west coast .I will discuss with him.....there may be some outlets here that might have interest but my assumption is that MAG would be sold direct. But hope to see one.

I don't see any MAG going to distributors or resellers soon (or maybe ever) for some reason... the first (but not the only) one is the long waiting list.. Anyway the first MAG (a C-2) crossing the pond to the USA went to Portland 🙂 later on the client bought a C-1 too and without going to check my files, there should be one or 2 more in the area. In the lower West costs  (CA) there are some more organs  

• Like 1
MAG Custom Organs

I might know who bought the MAG in Portland but haven't seen it. This person used to do jam sessions  and actually sold my Viscount solo to me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          So are there different models in 3.6???? If so I will go up to Mc Intosh Audio to hear them. Right now I am using different and lighter keybeds than Fatar.