Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ok. Mr. Lennon just went up a peg

JoJoB3

3 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

but I'm not the only one

Nope, you're not the only one -- the image looks suspect to me too.

But man -- I DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS of moving the Leslie and Hammond and preamp and pedals and other heavy boards.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

45 minutes ago, JoJoB3 said:

Not my photo, just sharing. The photo is of the TV's image which was a capture from a video short so I can understand cries of fake.
Video may help. 

That makes complete sense.

And it's precisely what I expect our evil robot overlords to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

5 hours ago, JoJoB3 said:

Not my photo, just sharing. The photo is of the TV's image which was a capture from a video short so I can understand cries of fake.
Video may help. 

That makes a HUGE difference! The TV image is sharp but the capture you posted has enough blur surrounding John that it looks poorly Photoshopped. 

Thanks for clearing things up. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Don't forget that both John and Paul got a bit pudgy for a short period there, so this may be why you didn't match the body profile.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Wow, nothing too symbolic here, but watching that video it becomes clear that the figure giving him the strange outline and that "cut out of a magazine" look up higher is Yoko. She's literally shadowing him!

www.joshweinstein.com

21 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

That image is so fake Milli Vanilli just reunited to sing a song about it. 

It showed up on the Technicians Facebook page also.  Todd (b3 nut) said there were two different Leslie's.  I was for sure it was a 147 RV they showed in Peter Jackson's documentary. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

6 hours ago, Outkaster said:

It showed up on the Technicians Facebook page also.  Todd (b3 nut) said there were two different Leslie's.  I was for sure it was a 147 RV they showed in Peter Jackson's documentary. 

Not a huge revelation by any means but I just found it kind of awesome. Again so many within that thread were slamming the OP with 'it's totally fake!'  in responses (extremely rudely btw, and some continuing even after seeing video proof).  They simply couldn't fathom a couple of musicians like this would move gear themselves. Well, these two legends did (and I doubt it their first or last time). Take that prima donnas.

Little things like this often outline which humans I have no desire to meet or be around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JoJoB3 said:

Not a huge revelation by any means but I just found it kind of awesome. Again so many within that thread were slamming the OP with 'it's totally fake!'  in responses (extremely rudely btw, and some continuing even after seeing video proof).  They simply couldn't fathom a couple of musicians like this would move gear themselves. Well, these two legends did (and I doubt it their first or last time). Take that prima donnas.

Little things like this often outline which humans I have no desire to meet or be around.

Whether it is possible for you to comprehend it or not at this point in time "It's totally fake!" is a separate issue from "couldn't fathom a couple of musicians like this" moving gear themselves. Although two separate issues, they were presented together. Some people will never be able to see them as two different issues. It wasn't outrage over Lennon moving heavy gear. The anger stemmed from the image appearing to be poorly Photoshopped. Given a plausible image to begin with, I am certain you would have seen more of a consensus of surprise than anger at the idea of Lennon himself moving heavy gear regardless of how unbelievable it might be that Lennon would be involved in that activity. And I am not saying the "consensus" of surprise is the feeling of the majority. I am saying that surprise would have out numbered anger.

The thing I found rather prima donna from those sessions was how John played one of those six string bass Fenders instead of a real bass guitar when he covered bass. I mean come on. He couldn't be bothered to play a real bass and chose to strum those muddy bass chords? Not that John ever was concerned, playing one of those things is a sure way to guarantee you won't get stuck playing bass like Paul initially did, and man did Paul ever embrace it. I have great sympathy for anyone in the band who had to put up with John's strummed bass when working on their songs.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Whether it is possible for you to comprehend it or not at this point in time "It's totally fake!" is a separate issue from "couldn't fathom a couple of musicians like this" moving gear themselves. Although two separate issues, they were presented together. Some people will never be able to see them as two different issues. It wasn't outrage over Lennon moving heavy gear. The anger stemmed from the image appearing to be poorly Photoshopped. Given a plausible image to begin with, I am certain you would have seen more of a consensus of surprise than anger at the idea of Lennon himself moving heavy gear regardless of how unbelievable it might be that Lennon would be involved in that activity. And I am not saying the "consensus" of surprise is the feeling of the majority. I am saying that surprise would have out numbered anger.

The thing I found rather prima donna from those sessions was how John played one of those six string bass Fenders instead of a real bass guitar when he covered bass. I mean come on. He couldn't be bothered to play a real bass and chose to strum those muddy bass chords? Not that John ever was concerned, playing one of those things is a sure way to guarantee you won't get stuck playing bass like Paul initially did, and man did Paul ever embrace it. I have great sympathy for anyone in the band who had to put up with John's strummed bass when working on their songs.

I'm not seeing any of this as an "issue" really (other than it being another sign soc media isn't treating human minds well).

Anyway, when the OP posted it (FB tech group) the majority of responses were "fake!!" along with the disbelief any Beatle would help move a leslie in the first place.  The OP explained (more times than should be necessary) how it was a real. 

* If anything's an issue it's this is the dialogue now - conversation is a game one must win at any cost. Facts be damned.
So ****ing ridiculous.

A quick youtube search bring up the video short source.

• Like 1

It seems like a bit of a wind-up, to be honest. If it was taken from an FB post where a bunch of people already noticed that it looks fake, and someone already clarified that it wasn’t, it shouldn’t be any surprise that people here also thought that. Maybe worth compassionately noting in the OP of future threads like this, for context…?

Because in fact, both things are true: it looks fake AF, and also has a perfectly reasonable explanation for how it’s not.

Was this whole thing a shitpost?

www.joshweinstein.com

Nah, I can see his issue with a bunch of piles on ers who say "fake" with absolutely zero cred.

If anyone had a scintilla of evidence to say fake other than some off the cuff bs "looks photoshopped to me", then fine.  But they don't.

In fact I can't think of any reason why it would be faked.    It's kind of like those fake moon landing whack-o's who think that the US would have faked 6 moon landings, as if 5 wasn't good enough.  

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Well, sure, if we are talking about the Facebook post. But once that has already happened, why not just say, “By the way, this generated a bunch of skeptics when it was posted, but here is the source and it is real”? At the very least, it seems odd to pretend it is a surprise that people would think it was fake. That experiment has already been done on the Facebook post (I gather).

www.joshweinstein.com

9 minutes ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Nah, I can see his issue with a bunch of piles on ers who say "fake" with absolutely zero cred.

If anyone had a scintilla of evidence to say fake other than some off the cuff bs "looks photoshopped to me", then fine.  But they don't.

In fact I can't think of any reason why it would be faked.    It's kind of like those fake moon landing whack-o's who think that the US would have faked 6 moon landings, as if 5 wasn't good enough.  

Yeah. That's pretty accurate (but what's worse is seeing attempts to normalize this abbreviated/lazy form of dialogue).

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, JoJoB3 said:

I'm not seeing any of this as an "issue" really (other than it being another sign soc media isn't treating human minds well).

Anyway, when the OP posted it (FB tech group) the majority of responses were "fake!!" along with the disbelief any Beatle would help move a leslie in the first place.  The OP explained (more times than should be necessary) how it was a real. 

* If anything's an issue it's this is the dialogue now - conversation is a game one must win at any cost. Facts be damned.
So ****ing ridiculous.

A quick youtube search bring up the video short source.

YOU introduced this whole thing over here on this forum authoring the thread title when you knew what had transpired on facebook. In this thread you have scoffed at the reaction of others, yet you instigated those reactions here. You could have avoided any questioning of the image's authenticity by showing the source video in your initial post but you completely left that out and allowed people to react as you had seen people react on facebook.

If there wasn't a topic for discussion behind it why did you start this thread, especially given you had observed what unfolded on facebook?

Issue

a topic or problem for debate or discussion