Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cherry Audio Harmonia

Anybody else excited about this impending drop from Cherry Audio next week?

They say:

From the team that brought you Dreamsynth and Sines comes HARMONIA, Cherry Audio's most innovative and original virtual synthesizer instrument yet.

I absolutely love Dreamsynth. The combination of technologies (Ensoniq ESQ-1, Kawai K series, Sequential Prophet VS) is really interesting, IMO…so I’m psyched to dig into this bad boy.

dB 

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Just bought the Octave Cat, now this is coming out.

Judging from the sounds, this thing would probably cripple my 3-year-old Core i5 9600K.  Good thing I just upped my PC to an i9.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Very much so. Cherry Audio feels more like a player's company than most. The cross-section of synths is very practical, from newbie to enhanced emulations to modular. 

I get a lot of oomph from applying their ELKA-X and GX-80 in particular as stalwarts. I'm hoping HARMONIA will make the additive/wavetable world a bit more cozy to address. The short demo has a nice aroma.

"It ain't over 'til the fat despot sings."
     ~ "X-Men '97"

2 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

Hah, I assumed it was going to be a modeled Harmonium!

Not so much… 😏

I got an advanced copy.  Only spent an hour with it so far, but I’m definitely intrigued.  😎

dB

The demo vid sounds great. 
I have 10 different Cherry Audio plugins already, including Galactic Reverb. 

I guess I need to actually use more of them first to see if I need anything else. 

I use a Fishman Triple Play to engage synth plugins via MIDI. Some of them work better than others. I suck at keyboards, can do a few very rudimentary things but that's it. 

I have to play with my fingers, a pick creates a very brief high note that usually causes a glitch on the attack. Fingers are softer and don't act as a "moveable fret". 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I may pick this up - Dave will it be available on the MPN store?

For those still wondering - I bought the Cherry Audio Dreamsynth on the store here and process was flawless :thu:

• Cool 1
  • Love 1

It’s out! :boing:

If you wanna lift the lid what makes this synth so unique and interesting, check out this video with Mitchell Sigman on Oscillator Basics - that's where the deep synth geek fun lives. 🤓

Harmonia is now available on the MPN Store.  Introductory special pricing $49. 😎 

dB

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

That's a welcome form of additive, with most of the good and little of the bad. 8 harmonics will be too few for some people, but the implementation covers the basics far better than what we've seen in the past. CA has packaged it quite well. You can just grab the overtone series you like and start polishing. I'm sold.

I generally buy 2 or 3 patch sets for my instruments so I have a good spread to reverse-engineer, but this one feels more like a Solitaire situation. The basic operation is fairly evident, so it invites finger-painting rather than building a ship in a bottle. The user sample import aspect is intriguing. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

~ "X-Men '97"

I received an advanced copy of Harmonia but only had a few hours to explore it before "Leaving for Tokyo". Great instrument, I look forward to spending more time with it. Here is a piece I wrote with some footage (both mine and stock) of this wondrous city. 

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I thought I was done with new synths, but I listened to the website intro and spiel tonight and was blown away by the richness and organic character of this VI!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

11 minutes ago, Mark Schmieder said:

I thought I was done with new synths, but I listened to the website intro and spiel tonight and was blown away by the richness and organic character of this VI!

Yeah, Mitchell does a great job explaining /demoing Harmonia.  He should - he’s a major driving force behind this bad boy.

dB

• Like 1

It reminds me of AIR's Loom, which I grabbed for $10 on a whim when it was on sale. But Harmonia looks a lot easier. Loom is one of those programs where I actually use presets, because life is too short to tweak 40 million parameters.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:36 AM, konaboy said:

wonderful track and music video there @Mike Martin! really well chosen sounds. even more impressive given your short time with the plugin and being presumably quite busy in tokyo!

I found myself enjoying Mike's piece on two levels, one being my synth-ear for a new instrument and the other, floating along on the flight & travel aspect. Its a bit of a Tangerine Dream experience flow-wise, but in his own voice. Most of us are fairly well-versed in the history and sound of our heroes. Its engaging to hear bits of that woven throughout an original take on things.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

~ "X-Men '97"