Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FREE (to a forum member) "Yes, The Complete Story"

Old No7

I bought and read this magazine on my recent trip to NYC (and to Sam Ash on W 34th St too -- see the images I'd posted about their awesome keyboards selection) and now I am offering to mail it FREE to one lucky forum member -- as long as you have 10 or more posts, that's the only requirement.

From the archives of Prog and Classic Rock magazines comes this compilation of stories about YES:

"Published October 2021.

There has never been a band like Yes.

Not only are they one of the biggest prog acts in history, but they did more than most to expand the vocabulary of rock’n’roll. In their hands, it took on the scope and ambition of classical music and jazz. The fact they did all of that while seemingly hiring and firing new members every week makes it even more remarkable. Of course, if you’re reading this, you’ll know all that."

Some time next week, my wife will pick a random number from the number of folks who reply and I'll mail it out to that person.

Cheers!

Old No7

Yes - The Complete Story.jpg

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

* UPDATE *

GRollins above is the lucky winner!

My wife randomly picked "7" as her choice -- and she swears it has no relation to my forum name (yeah, right...)

PM going to GRollins for details.  Thanks for your interest.

Old No7

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I'm the kind of guy who never wins anything. The one time I did win something, I lost it in one of those Nigerian scams...no, really. I was pretty bummed and felt pretty stupid.

Maybe, just maybe, my luck is changing...

<he said hopefully, whilst ducking so as to avoid incoming bricks, bombs, and other ouchful items>

Many thanks to Old No. 7 and his wife.

Grey

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy, steady rain from Idalia, but made the trek to the mailbox anyway. Glad I did...Yes, The Complete Story was in there and I'm not in the mood to test how water tight my mailbox is when faced with a hurricane.

This thing's pretty meaty--almost a hundred pages.

Many thanks, I'll get on it as soon as I can. (...and thanks again to your wife...)

Grey

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

• 1 month later...

Ah...

Something that slipped between the cracks. I had meant to bring this up ages ago and it kept not getting done.

Apparently there's a single organ note Morse Code message embedded in Close to the Edge...? I don't remember ever hearing about this before. They don't say specifically where it is, but I went through and listened and think I found it, but it's relatively low level and I'm not able to interpret it.

Can anyone find the Morse Code sequence and can you figure out what Wakeman's saying?

No, I'm not (yet) saying where I think it is--I don't want to influence anyone's thinking should they decide to go looking. I've got an approximate time stamp where I think it starts.

Yes, I tried Googling, but was unable to find an answer, just people saying that they'd heard it was in there. Maybe with a different search string I'd have more luck. I thought I'd toss the idea out to you guys first.

Grey

I dunno if it's morse code but what the heck is Rick playing on Steve Howe's first solo? It's not a single note but it's certainly a clever repetitive pattern.

Just wondering if a pattern + a few tokes = morse code. 😅