Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Research says playing music makes you more attractive if you’re a man….

Polychrest

Guitar players usually exude some type of confidence and/or swag in one way or another.  Same goes for the dude beating on drums.

KB players...do not sit or stand there appearing to solve differential equations in your head or needing an enema.🤣😎

• Haha 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

34 minutes ago, ProfD said:

KB players...do not sit or stand there appearing to solve differential equations in your head or needing an enema.🤣😎

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!   :boing:  :rocker:  :lolol: :poke:  :rimshot:

• Haha 1
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

"Research says playing music makes you more attractive if you’re a man…"

Wow. Considering how little game I have now, I'm just imagining how bad it would be if I didn't play music.

• Haha 2

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4; IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

19 hours ago, wineandkeyz said:

Wow. Considering how little game I have now, I'm just imagining how bad it would be if I didn't play music.

This is the woeful case for 99.99% of men.  

Compounding this ugly dilemma, 95% of women are attracted to 1% of men (the hot actors, athletes and guitar players).  The remaining 5% of women only go to the 99.99% bucket (which includes the keyboardists and bassists) because they have been rejected by the 1%.

• Like 1

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

I've been playing an instrument for going on 60 years. If playing an instrument makes a guy more attractive, I should be Adonis by now. Based on my hairline and my waistline, I'm afraid the exact opposite is happening.

• Haha 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

4 hours ago, TommyRude said:

This is the woeful case for 99.99% of men.  

Compounding this ugly dilemma, 95% of women are attracted to 1% of men (the hot actors, athletes and guitar players).  The remaining 5% of women only go to the 99.99% bucket (which includes the keyboardists and bassists) because they have been rejected by the 1%.

Hmmm. I'd like to hear it from a woman before I accept this generalization.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:43 AM, stoken6 said:

I have it on good authority that Sting is noticed by women also. 

Cheers, Mike.

Haha, true, but in his solo career (except for the time I saw him a few years ago, when his voice and bass playing were both still in top form), I think he's been more prone to play guitar on stage?

On 2/1/2023 at 1:50 PM, TommyRude said:

Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC

That looks like an interesting new technique for avoiding crapping your pants until you make it to the restroom.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 2/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, ProfD said:

Women are attracted to men based on different types of looks. It could physical appearance, style of dress, intellect, athleticism, talent, etc.

H8ll, some women are attracted to men in uniform.  I'm not sure that means instead of a guitar case, running out and buying army fatigues or service dress blues if a prop is required to become more attractive. 🤣

All BS and props aside, the universally accepted and most attractive quality in a man is confidence and swagger.  A confident man can get anything he wants.

The most physically unattractive dude on the planet can pull a dime-piece of a woman if he's unafraid to approach her. 

If a man exudes confidence and swag, dime-pieces will flock to him.  If that dude also happens to be intelligent, gifted and/or talented, it's game, set, match. 

Don't ask me how I know.  I'm not Hitch.😁😎

Gang of 4 wrote one of the best songs of the 80's on that theme. Great video too. "I Love a Man in a Uniform". Although actually it was more of a protest song against Thatcher's war with Argentina over Las Malvinas.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 2/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, wineandkeyz said:

See my reference to Steve Howe above.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Schmieder said:

Haha, true, but in his solo career (except for the time I saw him a few years ago, when his voice and bass playing were both still in top form), I think he's been more prone to play guitar on stage?

That looks like an interesting new technique for avoiding crapping your pants until you make it to the restroom.

I've seen him do both, but more bass in recent years. He was playing bass in the Ten Summoner's Tales band in the 90s as well. 

Paul McCartney also switches it up with guitar and piano, but is primarily the bass player in his shows.

Any other lead-singing bass players we want to debate whether or not their bass playing makes them more or less attractive? Or have we gone too far afield? 🤣

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Well, it works for female bass players/singers too. Just ask Esperanza Spalding. Also for Sara Lee, who interestingly was the bassist on the aforementioned "I Love a Man in a Uniform" with Gang of 4 (and also was in The B-52's for many years). Not to mention Tina Weymouth of Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club, plus Aimee Mann of 'Til Tuesday, and Gail Ann Dorsey of David Bowie's band. I could probably go on, if I had time...

13 minutes ago, SamuelBLupowitz said:

Any other lead-singing bass players we want to debate whether or not their bass playing makes them more or less attractive? Or have we gone too far afield?

I think we need to throw Richard Page and Mark King into the mix... 🤣

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

On 1/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, AnotherScott said:

If I'd really figured that out at age 14, I'd be a guitarist, not a keyboardist.

I don't recall where but within the past couple of months I was reading that because so many guys play guitar it vibes  "loser" to many girls. I didn't follow the link but I suspect it is referring to greater accomplishments than the average "bedroom guitar player" and probably depends on your age.

John Wetton. Also I think playing bass probably increased Greg Lake's sex appeal as the years advanced, if only because the bass covered his increasing girth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Playing music makes you even more attractive if you're any GOOD at it. As Lewis Black once intoned, "If curling is an Olympic sport, then oral sex should be one too, because if you're any good at it, you deserve a medal!" 😝🤔 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

"Let there be dancing in the streets,
   drinking in the saloons and
    necking in the parlors! Play, Don!"
       ~ Groucho Marx    

"Reply Of The Week" Contest

And the winner is..........

13 hours ago, David Emm said:

Playing music makes you even more attractive if you're any GOOD at it. As Lewis Black once intoned, "If curling is an Olympic sport, then oral sex should be one too, because if you're any good at it, you deserve a medal!" 😝🤔 

Old No7

• Haha 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

14 hours ago, David Emm said:

Playing music makes you even more attractive if you're any GOOD at it. 

Incorrect.  As noted above, if you're a guitar player, all you need to do is to carry around a guitar case, and that makes you more attractive.  You don't even need to play, at all.

Hence, if you're a guitar player;

1) carry around a guitar case = more attractive

2) take the guitar out of the case and strap it on = even more attractive

3) play the guitar, no matter what the skill level = even more attractive

4) play the guitar with skill = even more attractive

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

23 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

I've been playing an instrument for going on 60 years. If playing an instrument makes a guy more attractive, I should be Adonis by now. Based on my hairline and my waistline, I'm afraid the exact opposite is happening.

Depending on the instrument, this may not always be accurate.  The unique effect of certain instruments can override other seemingly negative impacts.  For example, a man can be fat and bald, but still be attractive, IF he plays the guitar. 

Of course, there are levels.  For example, depending how fat and bald a man is, just carrying a guitar case can help, but may not be enough to cause a woman to be sexually attracted.  But - if you strap the guitar on AND play well, this can easily overwhelm any physical attributes and cause a woman to be sexually attracted.

Tommy Rude Soundcloud