Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Orcs, they're everywhere, should they be?

38 minutes ago, IMMusicRulz said:

What is this shit?

Parody threads.  Can’t remember when or where we started doing them. They’ve been showing up occasionally for a long time. 

They can be fun to play with, and can get kinda creative here and there.  

They’re fairly easy to avoid if they’re not your cup of tea. :duck:

Re: Orcs - they kinda tend to hang out mostly around Mordor, Isengard and the mines of Moria, as far as I can tell….so I’m not sure we can say they’re everywhere…  :idk:

orcs GIF

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Seriously (not a good word to inject into this thread), if you really want to get into the etymology of orcs and their perseverance in popular culture, this might be a useful starting point:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-are-ukrainians-calling-russian-invaders-orcs/

In Russia, Kirill Eskov published a retelling of Tolkien’s work in 1999 under the title ‘The Last Ringbearer’. Eskov’s novel is a mirror-image of Tolkien’s. It follows a group of elves, led by Gandalf, who wage unremitting war on the peaceful realm of Sauron; eventually Sauron succeeds in defeating them and destroys their treacherous magic, ushering in a new age of progress and prosperity.

"I like rock and roll, man, I don't like much else."  John Lennon 1970

" In Russia, Kirill Eskov published a retelling of Tolkien’s work in 1999 under the title ‘The Last Ringbearer’. Eskov’s novel is a mirror-image of Tolkien’s. It follows a group of elves, led by Gandalf, who wage unremitting war on the peaceful realm of Sauron; eventually Sauron succeeds in defeating them and destroys their treacherous magic, ushering in a new age of progress and prosperity. "

In America, we call this plagiarism. :snax:

• Haha 1
:nopity:

13 minutes ago, Doerfler said:

" In Russia, Kirill Eskov published a retelling of Tolkien’s work in 1999 under the title ‘The Last Ringbearer’. Eskov’s novel is a mirror-image of Tolkien’s. It follows a group of elves, led by Gandalf, who wage unremitting war on the peaceful realm of Sauron; eventually Sauron succeeds in defeating them and destroys their treacherous magic, ushering in a new age of progress and prosperity. "

In America, we call this plagiarism. :snax:

If the story portrays Sauron as a "peaceful" good guy, it's not plagiarism -- it's parody. Sounds like it could actually be pretty entertaining!

• Like 2

At first I didn't want to like Orcs. It seemed really trendy. But then I realized how easy Orcs were to get along with, and they just get the job done. They sure do seem overpriced though.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

One thing I hate as a keyboard player is having to cover for an unrepresented horny section.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

The Code of Malacath

- Do not steal.

- Do not kill.

- Do not attack without reason.

- Fight with honor.

- Protect your tribe.

Those who break these rules must pay the Blood Price.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

For a moment, I felt a powerful urge to beat you all with a carpet whisk until you're a bit raw and then spray you with wintergreen alcohol. For Xmas. 🎄

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

On 11/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, Dave Bryce said:

Re: Orcs - they kinda tend to hang out mostly around Mordor, Isengard and the mines of Moria, as far as I can tell….so I’m not sure we can say they’re everywhere…  :idk:

orcs GIF

dB

I'm told Yamaha is developing orcs that can move in sunlight, and cover great distance at speed.

• Sad 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, SamuelBLupowitz said:

I'm told Yamaha is developing orcs that can move in sunlight, and cover great distance at speed.

Hmmm, these Yamaha  Orcs will require a firmware update before their sunlight and speed features are really ready. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, Krakit said:

Speaking as a Tauren, I don't mind that there are so many Orcs about, as long as my horny brethren are well represented. 

Nechi, brother!
For the Herd!  For the Horde!

Chieftain of a Tauren-exclusive tribe since 2007.