Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Organ solo @ Springsteen @ Fallon

I had found the album posted online by Gerald Carboy, the bass player from the band a number of years ago. He has since passed away, and now I can't find the link. But a quick YouTube search finds all the track posted.

clonk

Jerry

On 11/19/2022 at 2:41 AM, Piktor said:

I wonder if anyone here did manage to acquire Dance of the Age of Enlightenment (the album that was pulled from shelves immediately after it was released. 

6 hours ago, Outkaster said:

Yeah sometimes it's strange how he plays simpler things. I am pretty sure this is David on this track below because of the phrasing. Dan didn't play like that and the solo was changed to Roy live if it's in the set list now. It's at the 3:35 mark:

100% David, not Danny

:nopity:

1 hour ago, jerrythek said:

I had found the album posted online by Gerald Carboy, the bass player from the band a number of years ago. He has since passed away, and now I can't find the link. But a quick YouTube search finds all the track posted.

clonk

Jerry

Thank you Jerry. 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doerfler said:

100% David, not Danny

David was kind of a Dick to Dan.  Dan said he never thought David was that great till he left for a year and came back as an "unbelievable" piano player.  That said he was always telling Dan what to play. Federici was a total instinct/feel player so they never really meshed musically.  When Roy came in 1974 they ended up being a perfect match for each other. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

19 hours ago, Outkaster said:

Yeah sometimes it's strange how he plays simpler things. I am pretty sure this is David on this track below because of the phrasing. Dan didn't play like that and the solo was changed to Roy live if it's in the set list now. It's at the 3:35 mark:

The album Credits read:

"David L. Sancious, Piano, Organ, (Organ solo on Kitty's Back), Electric Piano, Clavinet, Soprano Sax on the E Street Shuffle, Background Vocals, and String Arrangement on New York City Serenade." 

-dj

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

47 minutes ago, DJKeys said:

The album Credits read:

"David L. Sancious, Piano, Organ, (Organ solo on Kitty's Back), Electric Piano, Clavinet, Soprano Sax on the E Street Shuffle, Background Vocals, and String Arrangement on New York City Serenade." 

-djThanks I hadn't read those notes since HS.

• Cool 1

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

For those too young or unaware to know the genius of David Sancious beyond Bruce and Sting, it’s worth your while to listen.

I’m fortunate to have the following on my collection:

• Dance in the Age of Enlightenment
  • True Stories
  • Just As I Thought
  • The Bridge
  • Forest of Feelings
  • Transformation
  • Piano Improvisations

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

Veering off the keyboards discussion for a moment and over to Bruce...  he did an interview with Howard Stern  few days ago that's pretty cool.  He breaks down in some detail the songwriting process. They cover a lot of territory in the interview, it's worth a listen. 

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud