Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Tim Akers

We lost a great one today. He'd been battling Leukemia for some time, and he had a set back and lost the battle. He was a terrific player and a scary good arranger and band leader. We did many records together and he was always funny, generous and a joy to share keyboard duties with. Rest In Peace Tim.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to hear it. I didn't know his playing much but I really dug those 'Smoking Section' videos over the past couple years. Amazing arrangements and playing.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Sad to hear it. I didn't know his playing much but I really dug those 'Smoking Section' videos over the past couple years. Amazing arrangements and playing.

This was my experience too. It takes a special kind of musician and human to pull together what Tim Akers was able to do.

Sorry for your loss, Steve and the Nashville community.

Here for the gear.