Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Summer NAMM 2021 Reports

This year's Summer NAMM Show will take place on two days: Thursday, July 15, and Friday, July 16, at the Nashville Music City Center. As most people here are aware, Summer NAMM shows never have as many releases as Winter NAMM shows do; but there should at least be a keyboard (or virtual instrument) product or two worthy of mention.

Due to the pandemic, Health and Safety Measures have been put in place. I wish you a healthy and safe trip, if you decide to go.

As always...

Please post your Summer NAMM 2021 reports here, for forum members who are not fortunate enough to go to the show.

Feel free to discuss NAMM announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many here remember the JoMoX SunSyn, released around the time this forum started. Well it's back (sort of), in the form of a softsynth from UVI:

PX SunBox

Normally $79.00, it's currently on introductory price for $49.00 through July 12.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Summer NAMM is mainly a guitar show these days.

dB

yeah it seems so looking at the list of booth holders :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

There's a huge wood shortage so I wonder if that will affect new guitar and bass showings?

Not sure which supply chain issue is the bigger one: raw materials like wood, or high-tech like circuit boards and chips.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

There's a huge wood shortage so I wonder if that will affect new guitar and bass showings?

Not sure which supply chain issue is the bigger one: raw materials like wood, or high-tech like circuit boards and chips.

I noticed Guitar Center is running a promotion where they are paying an extra premium to sellers of used gear -- but specifically only for used guitars and basses.

Those pedals actually look pretty cool to me since there hasn't been that kind of symbiosis (can't believe I just thought of that word!) between hard and software that involves a small & portable piece like this â at least in the efx pedal space, afaik. Spec and feature-wise these things seem to go far beyond typical analog guitar pedals, or even the pedals with built-in digital effects. A guitarist stuck recording somewhere without a good tube amp (or space or mic to record it) could pack one of these along and be fairly well covered, I would think.

What I don't get is that the chassis of all four pedals look identical as to the placement of controls and the LCD. Since everything is done with DSP, why do you need four separate pedals? Why can't you load any algorithm from one pedal into another? And as far as I can tell there's no mention of latency anywhere. This might make one a wee bit suspicious, if not at least curious. It's all interesting but in the end makes me feel lucky that the instrument I play is software based to begin with. Anything special I need to do to my sound, I'll just download to my computer or iPad â which I'm already bringing to gigs anyway.

Cherry Audio has released Memorymode, an emulation of the Memorymoog, currently on an introductory price of $39.

More in this dedicated thread:

Cherry Audio Memorymode

Best,

Geoff

Does it fall out of tune if you gig with it? If not, it is not realistic.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page