Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm Reporting Reverb.com To Law Enforcement

No, just everyone else wants to get rich off of their purchases. I have at least broke even with all my sales, if not made a small profit, after fees and shipping. All I am looking for is free rentals, which is what I have achieved. :2thu:

I'm the same way. I price to get rid of the item, not get rich flipping equipment.

So far, Reverb has worked out great for me in this regard as well.

Also, reads like Reverb took the high road in resolving the OP's concern. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Reverb was being nice. UPS regularly screws up things like this. They sometimes will also charge you for vertical height rather than weight, or just size instead of weight, and so as an example my PC3 cost $110 for shipping or something like that while a Kronos was shipped earlier for $50 or so. UPS sucks. It's more their issue than Reverb, so I wouldn't have picked on Reverb but rather UPS.

That's BEFORE I get into how many things I've had destroyed by UPS...and USPS for that matter.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Reverb was being nice. UPS regularly screws up things like this. They sometimes will also charge you for vertical height rather than weight, or just size instead of weight, and so as an example my PC3 cost $110 for shipping or something like that while a Kronos was shipped earlier for $50 or so. UPS sucks. It's more their issue than Reverb, so I wouldn't have picked on Reverb but rather UPS.

That's BEFORE I get into how many things I've had destroyed by UPS...and USPS for that matter.

Add FedEx to that list, at least for sloppy delivery behavior.

I have a ground floor condo with a uselessly public front deck in full view of the public. A Fed Ex employee tossed one of my deliveries onto the deck. I spotted it checking the weather outside. We've had a lot of rain lately, electronics may not like this. UPS has done the same exact thing and USPS cracked the cabinet on a Mesa Boogie Combo. Those are well made, that took serious impact.

Gah! Anymore I go for convenience or low price. Insurance will not help you (proven science). Always round up when shipping and always wait in line and get a receipt at the shipping location. Once they've signed off on it in print, it is what your label says. I rounded up weight and size always. It's not much of a money making scheme, payment difference is usually under a dollar. Both of those things together buys a bit of peace of mind. Add in Signature At Delivery and you are pretty safe. They can't just toss it and run then. It might cost your customer a little more but it will save you both in the long run.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

My PC3 had resulting internal damage that is still awaiting repair - only it didn't show up immediately because I assumed the action was just not worked in as much in some places. :facepalm: It's been totally unusable for months due to triggering problems and bizarre issues that seem to be related to the circuitry surrounding the keybed being flexed. Yet it was going on tours and such with a pro player who I trust a lot, before shipping and had none of those issues. And the owner had packed it about as well as one could - in a road case, surrounded with bubble wrap.

UPS put a huge dent in the bottom corner of my prized expensive accordion about six years ago too - anything that goes through the Maryland distribution center gets destroyed.

I could also mention YRC Freight - they are the freight shipping company from H-E-double toothpicks. They trashed a $1400 A-Frame (a dog agility item made out of aluminum), and literally punctured it, dropped it, and apparently ran it over with a forklift, in addition to shredding the box.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

No, just everyone else wants to get rich off of their purchases. I have at least broke even with all my sales, if not made a small profit, after fees and shipping. All I am looking for is free rentals, which is what I have achieved. :2thu:

I'm the same way. I price to get rid of the item, not get rich flipping equipment.

So far, Reverb has worked out great for me in this regard as well.

Also, reads like Reverb took the high road in resolving the OP's concern. :cool:

There was no other "road" for Reverb to take in this situation. They deliberately upcharged the upcharge from UPS, that's criminal.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Reverb wasn't being "nice". Reverb "covered their ass" by refunding me the upcharge because they know they deliberately increased the upcharge amount from UPS. Don't even get me started on UPS and how they treat their packages, but there's only so many courier options available. FedEx isn't much better and USPS is just plain unreliable these days. From now on I use the UPS Store for the heavy stuff and make them liable for any damages even though I would prefer to package them myself because I know they won't get damaged no matter how bad UPS handles them.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

In this area, I have a beef with 'The UPS Store'. :mad:

The one in my local mall waaaaay overcharges for shipments. Because I do my own shipments online, I know that they charge walk-in customers more than double the regular UPS rate.

When asked about that, they respond that they"re privately owned...but I"d say the name leads one to believe otherwise. :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I have a non-business UPS account and recently paid around $80 to return a Maschine MK3 to a vendor. The vendor said they would deduct their own shipping charges from my refund, which turned out to be about $18! But in all fairness, I'm sure I've been reported numerous times to law enforcement as well.

In this area, I have a beef with 'The UPS Store'. :mad:

The one in my local mall waaaaay overcharges for shipments. Because I do my own shipments online, I know that they charge walk-in customers more than double the regular UPS rate.

When asked about that, they respond that they"re privately owned...but I"d say the name leads one to believe otherwise. :idk:

dB

"UPS Stores" are indeed not owned by UPS and they often charge WAY more than UPS. I found this out after using them to send an iPhone 12 Pro to my daughter - it was new and under contract so I insured it for $1100 (the retail price), and the store charged me somewhere near $30. In the UPS website I saw that had I gone to a UPS Customer Center, it would have been more like $11.

USPS? Forget it. I've had priority mail packages take weeks to arrive.

[quote=

USPS? Forget it. I've had priority mail packages take weeks to arrive.

My recent USPS experience. Bought something 25 miles away with priority mail in December and just got it.

Bought an item from Sweetwater 2 weeks ago and took a chance on free shipping USPS. Arrived on time within a week from out of state.

• 11 months later...

Well who would I talk to if I can't get a resolutions manager to hit up my friend see she's got cancer and she's a single mother and reverb decides they want to hold over $1,000 for now since it's been almost 3 weeks for a discrepancy a customer saying that item was bad but it was sold as is I know for sure that the item was not bad however that person the customer had the item for a full day before they decided to get a hold of reverb and demand a refund now how can they just keep $1,000 of her money it makes no sense I guess I'm just trying to find who I would contact to maybe even let it go viral I mean that's f***** up man she's already down and these guys want to f****** double punch kick her further down the f****** rabbit hole that's f***** up

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Dpilly82 said:

Well who would I talk to if I can't get a resolutions manager....reverb decides they want to hold over $1,000 for now...

Reverb has a dispute resolution process.  If you're unsatisfied with it, you may want to either try contacting the buyer to work out the issue or hiring an attorney. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

If nothing else, this thread reinforces just how much I dread the idea of buying or selling shipped keyboards.  I've been pretty lucky with it--the one time UPS absolutely destroyed a pc361 in mint shape, it was from Guitar Center used so I wasn't on the hook at all.  That is one reason why it's my preferred way to buy used, the other being the generous return-for-any-reason LOCALLY without having to ship it back.  Don't like the action?  Bring it to your local GC.

I'm also pretty fortunate if I did have to ship as my work will do it for me (using Fedex) for their rates, which are pretty low.  It still doesn't remove the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the buyer to contact you that that thing has been mangled in shipping.

Now, I ALSO hate selling locally with cash involved so the real solution is to never sell anything, and buy new on a discount if you can :D

I recently bought a used Roland Cube Street 2 on Reverb and the seller had the same experience as the OP- shipping was $20 + higher than what Reverb quoted. And then the thing turned out to be an original Street Cube, not the Street Cube 2 that was advertised. I only mention that because the seller said the latter issue was also Reverb's fault, that they were the party that suggested it be listed as such and he that would take it up with them. I was skeptical of that until I saw other original Cube Street models listed as Street 2's.

It gets even weirder- I asked for, and promptly received, a refund and the seller claimed he had been refunded too, and that I may even be able to keep the amp instead of returning it, that he would let me know- and it's been 2 weeks with no word one way or the other. All I knew is that I wouldn't be fronting the $70 to ship it back.

Not sure there is a moral to this story, other than Reverb needs to get their sh*t together (and maybe, don't look a gift amp in the mouth🙂).  The amp is sitting safe and sound at my GF's house, I seem to have overestimated the opportunities for busking.

To DPilly:

The situation as you describe it, though unfortunate, does not point to Reverb being bad; from what I read in your post, they're firmly stuck in the middle.

How is Reverb supposed to know about your friend's cancer or marital status?    "Had it a whole day" can mean that the buyer found a real problem in only one day -- it takes me weeks to understand a new keyboard.   I get it that you're upset, but if I were reverb reading a response from you that went on for sentence after sentence without punctuation talking about your friends cancer I would understandably wonder if you (or your friend) were some kind of miscreant trying to defraud the buyer.

"Sold as is" does not justify if it is sold as being functional, but isn't. 

And forgive my pedantry, but if you want people to take you seriously in a text environment, especially when money is changing hands, you really must learn to slow down, capitalize, and punctuate.  Extra points for not dropping F-bombs.

• Like 1

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361