Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When You Count Off The Tune But You're Nevada

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, even though the intent of the OP is good - I fear this will open a "pandora's box"

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Color me confused, I completely tuned out halfway through election night while getting hammered on (unfortunately cheap) scotch.

Since then, the only thing I know is that it's not decided (as of 3 hrs ago) and that only by accident when someone posted something into a work slack channel.

So apparently something is going on in Nevada!

I love how many memes have been made. It makes it way less of a political/partisan thing and more of a sarcastic humor thing. Love that video lol.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I didn't notice this getting big press, which is a shame. Yes, its partisan, but the more important point is that it was premiered on PBS, of all places and its "Weird Al." Its typically Al-cool and amusing for its own sake, so break out a grain of salt for it. The editing and Auto-tuning are brilliant. "He who is tried of 'Weird Al' is tired of life." ~ Homer Simpson

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

Is that as fast as the USA vote counters are working?

I am in the UK and totally fed up with your election, it is all that we have had on our TV News for the last week, it has even surpassed our Covid problems in coverage.

Col

Is that as fast as the USA vote counters are working?

I am in the UK and totally fed up with your election, it is all that we have had on our TV News for the last week, it has even surpassed our Covid problems in coverage.

Don't start it, please. I know you're in the UK so you might not understand that this is a very bad idea. And no, this is an exaggeration. Nevada has some different ways of handling things and we're just making fun of them.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Trust me, I live in the US and I'm sick of it, but if we must go through this process to get the presidential thing done, then I'm going to participate--if for no other reason than to try to find a better solution for the Covid mess. With that in mind, I'm having to wait--along with everyone else in the known universe--until all the ballots are counted, recounted, verified, overseen, and just generally folded, spindled, and mutilated. I'm friggin' exhausted and hope that this election cycle helps things quiet down for the next four years. This country needs a rest from all the chaos.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Let's face it, this election has produced some totally hilarious memes. So there's at least one benefit to "electile dysfunction."

People have many more similarities than differences, and humor helps underscore that :) However, I do look forward to when we can get back into musician jokes!

Let's keep this to the video please, I don't want my funny topic to get nuked :cop:

It"s a funny video, but posting it at this incredibly tense time, and then saying you don"t want it to get nuked is like me taking my kids to a candy store and telling them 'we"re just here to look', and then getting frustrated at them when they start whining.

No, it's asking for self control. I don't think anyone actually likes Nevada's delays, so everyone should be able to take a joke at their expense.

No one here likes delays. That's why we all wish we had Thunderbolt interfaces.

:laugh: My interface is Thunderbolt (Thunderbolt 2), but amazingly enough I get pretty much as good of results with the class-compliant Yamaha MGXU mixer USB interface.

I chuckled, but, as a completely non-partisan observation, this election process has thrown a great many States into unchartered territory, the obvious exceptions would be states like Utah and Washington for which massive vote by mail is just business as usual. So a lot of states have been slow to finish, but the ones getting the most attention are those like Nevada where the vote tally has been close at times. So I'm not sure why someone would pick on Nevada to make this (funny, I would say) joke. But maybe I'm missing something.

I mean, there's lots of reasons to pick on Nevada, just not sure this should be one of them.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I chuckled, but, as a completely non-partisan observation, this election process has thrown a great many States into unchartered territory, the obvious exceptions would be states like Utah and Washington for which massive vote by mail is just business as usual. So a lot of states have been slow to finish, but the ones getting the most attention are those like Nevada where the vote tally has been close at times. So I'm not sure why someone would pick on Nevada to make this (funny, I would say) joke. But maybe I'm missing something.

I mean, there's lots of reasons to pick on Nevada, just not sure this should be one of them.

It's because, other than Alaska, they have been the slowest to even get to 90%. They were at less than 80% yesterday still, and there was talk of actually pausing the counting for a day too.

All in good fun.