Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New KC Compilation • Quarantunes project

"BVW 478" received from mightyB3 and posted.

This is a J. S. Back piece. Technically, submissions are supposed to be original...but I'm thinking this is okay because of the synth interpretation - the whole thing was done on a Moog One.

dB

That S.O.B. half brother J.S. Back has been coasting on his famous other brother"s rep for eons. He will litigate the pants off you, so be wary.........

:facepalm:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

As for J.S. Back, he featured prominently in my grandmother's piano teaching, as she helped students to remember melodies by adding "lyrics":

John Sebastian Back

Sat upon a tack

And he got right up again

With an ouch!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Shouldn't that be "BWV 478"?

Yep. :facepalm:

My roommate in college had the initials GVW. Stuck in my head, I guess. :idk:

Fix't.

"BVW 478" received from mightyB3 and posted.

This is a J. S. Back piece. Technically, submissions are supposed to be original...but I'm thinking this is okay because of the synth interpretation - the whole thing was done on a Moog One.

That S.O.B. half brother J.S. Back has been coasting on his famous other brother"s rep for eons. He will litigate the pants off you, so be wary.........

:facepalm:

...and I clearly need to stop posting on my phone in the morning. :rolleyes::roll:

Also fix't.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

As dB doesn't read minds there's no way he could've known that BWV 478 is my submission. mightyb3 is my email address and I didn't sign my name to the WeTransfer note. It was late, there was bourbon. But at least it's good bourbon. Four Roses Small Batch Select, 104 proof. Whee!

:cheers:

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Nice rendition BTW. I plan to do some bass clarinet adaptations of Bach later this year. Obviously not for a Keyboard Corner compilation. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Nice rendition BTW. I plan to do some bass clarinet adaptations of Bach later this year.

That's something I'd love to hear.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I might have to sit on a tack to reach the high notes...

Technically, submissions are supposed to be original...but I'm thinking this is okay because of the synth interpretation - the whole thing was done on a Moog One.

dB

I thought we had decided public domain tunes were allowed. Is that still the case? I"ll have to find something else and restart with a different song from scratch when I"ve got a chance, if that"s no longer the case.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

A piece of trivia: the Beatles wrote about the persecution of JS Back because of his better known namesake. They nail the whole story in the song....

.... Get Back.

I'm here all week.

I don't remember us saying anything one way or the other about public domain stuff...but I'm fine with it.

dB

Okay, sounds good. I have to tweak some things as the current mix is crap outside of headphones but it should be ready sooner rather than later.

Here"s the comment I was going off of when I mentioned that, from Page 2, post #3036134.

You mentioned originals only. Are Public Domain tunes an option too?

I don't see why not...

I would be happy to put in a submission for the cover art assuming it doesn't need to match previous volumes :thu:

Go for it! And, no, it does not have to match the previous art Janet did for us.

dB

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Hopefully I am going to get time to have a good listen to all the tracks this week. :) Some of them seem to have comments on them (mine and a few others) but I can't see them anywhere... What do I need to do in order to see them?
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Hopefully I am going to get time to have a good listen to all the tracks this week. :) Some of them seem to have comments on them (mine and a few others) but I can't see them anywhere... What do I need to do in order to see them?

Not a clue - sorry. I can see them...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

... Some of them seem to have comments on them (mine and a few others) but I can't see them anywhere... What do I need to do in order to see them?

Look for the 3 dot hamburger underneath the running time. If there are comments it'll give you the option to "go to comments." (Android)

Well this is most odd. I am on an iPad... clicking on the dots does not help....it does not offer me the option of seeing comments.... Here is what I see:

B17-D7684-D889-4757-9-ECC-09-AD4-F15-B207.png

10-F47364-5995-4532-8768-EEF5-A0349251.jpg

I just tried adding a comment myself and it now says there are three. I can see my one but not the other two. Does anybody else experience this problem with soundcloud?

Nice rendition BTW. I plan to do some bass clarinet adaptations of Bach later this year.

That's something I'd love to hear.

Unaccompanied cello suites work well on bass clarinet.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.