Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OK, the Corona Virus Isn't Going Away. Now What?

I would also like to add here, that most doctors don't like filling out forms. Here in Canada they charge up to $50 to fill one out and sometimes take weeks to get them complete, so VAERS may be grossly under reported.

But if you think that 6500 died a few days or weeks later as coincidence........?? from an unapproved FDA "vaccine" .

Dan

The FDA approved the vaccine for emergency use and this is an emergency.

The vaccine takes up to two weeks to provide a level of immunity.

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/10/exposed-to-covid-19-how-soon-contagious

"While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public-health authorities put the incubation period for the virus at 2â14 days, most people who become ill develop symptoms between five and six days after exposure. This is about the same amount of time needed, on average, for a PCR diagnostic test to be more likely than not to return a true-positive result."

For example, you could unknowingly be exposed to COVID by a non-mask wearing anti-vaxxer, go get your vaccine and have symptoms of COVID well before the vaccine can begin to protect you.

That's just one possibility, you could get a shot and go outside and a car runs you over. That's possible as well.

And if there is no proof of either of those things happening or NOT happening, it does not leave you with the safe assumption that the "facts" are that all "6,500" people died of the vaccine.

The variables are endless, it's very easy to make up a conclusion that suits one's narrative but it needs to hold water before anybody else is going to take it as a "fact."

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it again...

The odds against dying from the vaccine, assuming that 6,340 is even correct (which it isn't), are 641,955 : 1.

196,794,025 world-wide have been infected by Covid. 4,202,385 have died. So if you get infected, the odds against dying from covid are 46 : 1.

You don't have to be Einstein to figure out whether getting the vaccine or getting covid gives you a better chance of survival.

Since you're adamant that 6,340 is a correct and verified number, we'll assume it is. World-wide, 4,070,000,000 doses have been administered.

THE BOTTOM LINE

The odds against dying from the vaccine, assuming that 6,340 is even correct (which it isn't), are 641,955 : 1.

196,794,025 world-wide have been infected by Covid. 4,202,385 have died. So if you get infected, the odds against dying from covid are 46 : 1.

You don't have to be Einstein to figure out whether getting the vaccine or getting covid gives you a better chance of survival.

Craig, from the link I provided above, the CDC reports two things of relevance here. Both are included in the following quote.

"More than 342 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 26, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,340 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine." [My emphasis]

So your calculation should be roughly 342,000,000 / 6340 = 53,943 resulting in a ratio of 53,943 : 1

I agree 100% with you that 6340 is really not the number of people who died from taking a vaccine, it's the number of people who died after taking the vaccine. Big difference.

JMO, but this whole thing shows that while it can be great that we all have this info available to us now, lots of people don't understand what all the data means and how to properly use it. The FDA has an acronym GRASE, which stands for "generally recognized as safe and effective." It does not mean there are no side effects. It doesn't mean everyone will be cured or whatever the drug is generally recognized to do. Even aspirin and NSAIDs aren't 100% safe. How do these numbers compare to the combined "deaths" from the covid vaccines? (I know this is a subset of people who take NSAIDs. Still, the point is they aren't 100% safe. Nothing is.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I don"t know whether it"s the same in the US, but it"s really amusing here in Germany how all the people who insisted on trying to distinguish between dying OF Covid and dying WITH Covid all jump on the numbers to insist that all these people are dying OF the vaccine, although nothing at all indicates causation.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

This thread needs more cowbell, preferably one the size of a Tibetan temple bell. More often lately, my cure for the tidal wave of screaming that's passing for information is turning from the news to my Memorymode, Animal Planet or reruns of "The Big Bang Theory." Remember "Mutual of Omicron," where Marlin Perkins would say great things like "As you can see, the giant reticulating python is enjoying his slow trek up my cameraman Jim's pant leg, so the picture may wobble a bit shortly?" It was all far less toxic then.

Again, a casually mutating virus doesn't know or care jack about your issues, your faith or your chosen demagogues. We all have to take our best chances. Sometimes enough harm reduction can dismiss other arguments, but not with the Herd fighting to remain bovine. If you think the vaccine is going to insert a chip in your brain, you probably need one to run your legs, like the hindbrain of a stegosaurus.

If you hated Delta, you'll go bonkers for Gamma. :stooges:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

I'll say it again...

Sadly, you can't use logic with someone who refuses to think.

I tried all kinds of logic with my brother-in-law. It wasn't until over a half dozen family members, from his wife to a 9 month-old grandchild caught COVID that he realized his propaganda sites were lying to him. His quote, "I should paint a big, red, S on my chest, for stupid."

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

"More than 342 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 26, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,340 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine." [My emphasis]

So your calculation should be roughly 342,000,000 / 6340 = 53,943 resulting in a ratio of 53,943 : 1

I stand corrected - I thought the 6,000+ applied to more than the US.

So with these revised figures, and again making the stretch that 6,340 is correct, I'll still take odds of 53,943:1 in my favor compared to 46:1.

[i tried all kinds of logic with my brother-in-law. It wasn't until over a half dozen family members, from his wife to a 9 month-old grandchild caught COVID that he realized his propaganda sites were lying to him. His quote, "I should paint a big, red, S on my chest, for stupid."

From what I can tell, knowing that a loved one is dying/has died is usually enough for most people to change their tune. As long as it happens "to other people," it seems to be okay.

[i tried all kinds of logic with my brother-in-law. It wasn't until over a half dozen family members, from his wife to a 9 month-old grandchild caught COVID that he realized his propaganda sites were lying to him. His quote, "I should paint a big, red, S on my chest, for stupid."

From what I can tell, knowing that a loved one is dying/has died is usually enough for most people to change their tune. As long as it happens "to other people," it seems to be okay.

'A rush to get shots" Vaccine holdouts in coronavirus hot spots are rolling up their sleeves as the delta variant hits home.

They were unmoved by the urgings of President Biden to get vaccinated. They"ve spurned calls from the nation"s leading doctors, as well as from sports heroes and movie stars. But one thing is finally grabbing the attention of millions of unvaccinated Americans â the invasion of the hyper-contagious delta variant of the coronavirus.

'My friend works at the hospital, and she told me there"s 18-year-olds on ventilators. That scared me,' said Tyler Sprenkle, a recent high school graduate in Goodman, Mo., who got a shot this month.

In nearby Bella Vista, Ark., 25-year-old Chelsah Skaggs said she had been avoiding the shots, citing false reports that they might cause infertility.

But as the delta variant hit her area, she did her own research and became convinced she should get vaccinated. 'Skepticism is a good thing,' she said. 'But to be ignorant is a different issue. My only regret is not doing it sooner.'

More than 4.7 million newly vaccinated Americans have made similar calculations in the past two weeks, as misgivings about the shots based on ideology, apathy or fear have taken a back seat to the desire to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Half a million shots were given just on Friday, the highest daily tally since July 1, deputy White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at a briefing Friday. This was also the third week that states with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases also had the highest vaccination numbers, she said.

Vaccine-hesitant pockets of the country turned hot spots, including Louisiana, experienced a 114 percent increase in uptake, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Arkansas recorded a 96 percent increase, Alabama, 65 percent, and Missouri, 49 percent.

Texas last week reported its highest single-day vaccine administration in a month; the numbers, while still far from the peak earlier this year, are more than 25 percent higher than a month ago.

'There"s a rush to get shots that correlates with delta"s rise and hospitalizations,' said Tesha Montgomery, who runs vaccine clinics for Houston Methodist Hospital. During the week of July 12, the system was giving first shots to about 400 people a day, she said. The week of July 19, that number jumped to 600 a day, and by this Monday, it was up to 1,000 a day.

Unfortunately, Montgomery added, some people do not make their decision until they have had personal encounters with the virus â 'family members and other loved ones who have gone through illness, hospitalizations and even death.'

In Arkansas, where the governor on Thursday reimposed a state of emergency and reported that all pediatric ICU beds were full, the number of vaccine doses being administered over the past month has gone from 27,000 a week on average, to 70,000 on average now.

'We have had to bring in more vaccine. For the first time in two and a half months, we are making a new large-scale order, said Col. Robert Ator, who heads the state"s vaccine effort. 'People are scared.'

It seems that the delta variant is motivating people similarly.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Personally, I don't care if people want to risk their own lives, or make decisions that might or might not be detrimental to themselves. People can hang-glide, climb mountains, wing-suit, base jump, run with the bulls, take recreational drugs, scuba dive, ski, and so on. That's what freedom is all about.

I do have a problem with people risking the health and lives of other people, substance abuse while driving, smoking indoors, setting off explosives in public places, and going to public places if you are not vaccinated for communicable diseases during a pandemic.

I just read something interesting in the Palm Beach Post, written by a government lawyer: When the government issues an emergency approval for a vaccine, that does not mean it's experimental, instead it means that businesses and the government itself have the right to prohibit unvaccinated people from entering their buildings. Business are also given the right to require that their employees be vaccinated or lose their jobs.

So while our own governor has passed a law prohibiting 'vaccine passports' that law itself is illegal. However, the entire state is run by the same party due to voter suppression, extreme gerrymandering and other tactics, so there is nobody in office to stand up to him. Perhaps that is why Florida is again 'ground zero' for the virus.

He even went so far as to say it's illegal to ban COVID infected people from booking a cruise on a cruise ship. Does he want to kill people? It sure seems like it.

Of course, the emergency approval statute is written in legalese and there are enough fuzzy statements to ensure that the lawyers have a lot of future work. :D

I am all for so-called vaccine passports, not to limit another's freedom, but to protect innocent bystanders.

In a truly civilized country, people who are unvaccinated would voluntarily not be endangering the lives of their fellow citizens. But then, the USA is no longer a civilized country. Divide and conquer by the oligarchy has succeeded in that, no matter which puppets are pretending to be our leaders.

Of course, that's simply my opinion.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

AND THEN WE HAVE THIS.................

"Study: Vaccinated People Can Carry As Much Virus As Others"

and this ain't Alex Jones

As the link says: "Previously, vaccinated people who got infected were thought to have low levels of virus and to be unlikely to pass it to others. But the new data shows that is not the case with the delta variant."

Note this doesn't mean the vaccine is ineffective. In fact, it proves just how effective it is, because you can be carrying the virus, yet not suffer negative effects yourself. But it means you can pass it on to others.

So this is just one more example of data that was correct at one time, but has to be revised due to mutations in the virus...which have been allowed to occur in large part because of vaccine resistance.

Delta is proliferating in areas where people haven't been vaccinated. The people pushing back about Covid still being a problem have largely themselves to blame.

This thread needs more cowbell, preferably one the size of a Tibetan temple bell. More often lately, my cure for the tidal wave of screaming that's passing for information is turning from the news to my Memorymode, Animal Planet or reruns of "The Big Bang Theory." Remember "Mutual of Omicron," where Marlin Perkins would say great things like "As you can see, the giant reticulating python is enjoying his slow trek up my cameraman Jim's pant leg, so the picture may wobble a bit shortly?" It was all far less toxic then.

Again, a casually mutating virus doesn't know or care jack about your issues, your faith or your chosen demagogues. We all have to take our best chances. Sometimes enough harm reduction can dismiss other arguments, but not with the Herd fighting to remain bovine. If you think the vaccine is going to insert a chip in your brain, you probably need one to run your legs, like the hindbrain of a stegosaurus.

If you hated Delta, you'll go bonkers for Gamma. :stooges:

I don't have a television and briefly surf "the news" once a day on the interwebz.

I recommend you try the Gong Show episodes on YouTube, also Benny Hill. There is more truth to these shows than the news of the day sponsored by the Wealthy and Invested.

ALL "news" broadcast on American Television is bought and sold based on viewer statistics. Corporations want the numbers on their side before they will spend their advertising budget.

They are not concerned with integrity or truth, that doesn't engender a large audience.

You can choose your side, Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum. You can wave that flag, show your pride and fight for your right to believe total nonsense.

"My trash is more valuable than your garbage."

Same as it ever was...

Every time people bitch about the news and what they're supposedly driven by (clicks, ratings, sponsors, etc.), I wonder, "what alternative do you propose? I'm sure you don't want state-run news media."

I'm not saying what we have is perfect, but what would bring us closer to less click-bait b.s. and more facts, less sensationalism and more objectivity? :idk:

I also think that a lot of reporters have good ideals in mind and are good people but have to balance that with ratings and making money along with pressure from the top.

Every time people bitch about the news and what they're supposedly driven by (clicks, ratings, sponsors, etc.), I wonder, "what alternative do you propose? I'm sure you don't want state-run news media."

I'm glad you asked that question :)

Here are my three methods of media self-defense.

1. Get your news from unapologetically left and right sources, then do mental mid-side processing, and remove the sides. Once you do that, you're left with only what both sources have in common. Those are the (pretty much actual) facts from which they spin their narratives. For example, all media agree that the level of lakes in the west is dangerously low. That's the mid. The sides are "it's all because of climate change, we're doomed" and "this happened before in 1872, and there wasn't climate change then, so it's not about climate change."

2. Most news is of the moment (I've never seen a headline like "Firefighters go to big fire last month"), so research on what you find out from the mids. What is the past history of Ukraine and Russia? How often do water levels drop as much as they are now? Is it because more water is being taken out, less water is flowing in, or both? Several decades later, is the hole in the ozone smaller? Is that because it happens cyclically, or did the Montreal agreement about CFCs make a difference? Digging deeper doesn't guarantee absolute truth, because the sources one or two layers down also have biases. But again, these are usually out in the open, and you can do mid-side processing. On the other hand, some are done by people whose jobs depend on being able to assess a situation accurately. They're harder to find, but they exist.

3. Follow how other countries (not just Europeans) report our news. They have to satisfy their audiences, but how much those audiences care about the USA is less than the audiences for USA media. So there's less risk in being objective, and more reward, because they can appear to be an objective news source without having to actually take any heat for it.

News Ghana is an interesting example. It's filled with stories about bilateral agreements reached with the United States, the new ambassador to the US, etc. But China has taken advantage of the "Have Your Say" section to place what are essentially press releases from the People's Daily about the US attack on multilateralism, lies about covid coming from a Chinese lab, etc. There are plenty of stories about the Belt & Road initiative in various African papers, because quite a few of them are walking a tightrope, but the best analysis I've seen of what it means - without being overly fawning or alarmist - appeared in Australia's SBS website.

There's a whole world of information out there. Just remember to insert your mid-side encoder before reading.

I'm not saying what we have is perfect, but what would bring us closer to less click-bait b.s. and more facts, less sensationalism and more objectivity? :idk:

I also think that a lot of reporters have good ideals in mind and are good people but have to balance that with ratings and making money along with pressure from the top.

Joe, that's a great question. Craig's post just above is very good too.

Like Craig, I can be skeptical when somebody presents a story in a way that indicates a bias. I don't reject the entire article due to a difference in perspective, I will consider it and look for other versions of the story. That's if I care enough to bother, which does happen sometimes.

There are relatively recent changes in the news that may have shifted some paradigms but other aspects have remained consistent. We've always had a variety to chose from and some of it has always been questionable.

Citizen Journalism will be a mixed bag probably forever. The cell phone news cast revolution has been here for a while, it is not going anywhere. And some of it is amazing. Yesterday I watched news footage of an impala outrunning a pack of wild dogs to the edge of a ponded area of a river (and with thriving populations of crocodiles and hippos, both very dangerous in the water). Hippos co-exist with large crocodiles, that tells us something.

Anyway, the impala made it across, barely eluding the jaws of a large, fast crocodile and dodging the hippos. It got out on the opposite side and ran away.

Pretty difficult to put a spin on or exploit, that's the real world. I LOVE that stuff. There are too many topics to keep track of things and get anything else done.

Another one would be the rise of the "News Commentator". It was going on well prior to, but I think Rush Limbaugh may have been responsible for that name to stick.

This is certainly a place where you could obtain actual data and a side spin that may or may not have any appeal or validity.

I don't own a television and have not for decades. I have no plans to get one. There's more than enough to check out on the internet.

I like this site, parts of it are very much a form of Journalism, with integrity to match. I learn good things here and I am grateful for the opportunity to exchange viewpoints and knowledge.

Even if I don't find a place for them in my own life.

I think I just lose patience sometimes. We don't learn things at the same speed or in the same way. We make different uses of the same information. I KNOW that I should be spending more time working on music and less discussing things that have been resolved in a certain small and essential circle of family and friends.

But I also know people should explore the news more or ignore it completely.

Which I cannot do. It's not uncommon for a new event to cause a change in the price of a stock, for instance. Back a few years when Saudi Arabia and Russia announced they were going to "pump full" (run at full capacity), I was holding a good chunk of CNI and it almost doubled from purchase. A third of their business was transporting the Canadian petroleum products. I saw a small decline and sold all of it. It went way down, I've never regretted doing that and I learned it from the news. So it can be a valuable resource.

My advice would be to exercise caution and take a good look around, essentially similar to Craig's stance. That said, there are places I never check. I'd like to reduce time spent, not increase it.

Hopefully I made at least a bit of sense?

Right now, I am very angry with the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers.

Florida is reporting 20% of the nation's new cases this week. We probably could have had "herd immunity" if you all had gotten your jabs as soon as they were available. If we all had our shots, mega-thousands of people would have gotten sick and/or died, and things could have been back to normal by now.

It's time to act like a civilized society and protect your neighbors, just get the shots and get them ASAP so we can return to normal.

Insights, incites and a minor rant by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

It's time to act like a civilized society and protect your neighbors, just get the shots and get them ASAP so we can return to normal.

FWIW, vaccinations are way up in the states where people are currently getting sick and dying.

I understand vaccine resistance. I mentioned earlier that before the vaccine came out, I wasn't sure I was going to get it. I've never had a flu vaccine, and several people I knew had experienced side effects from it. I'm pretty healthy, knock on wood, and was of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Also, my kid was one of the 1 in 100,000 who got Immune Thrombocytopenia, an auto-immune disease that remains incurable and dramatically altered her life, from the MMR vaccine. (Not an Alex Jones thing, medical fact - and Immune Thrombocytopenia is the side effect that some women had from the J&J vaccine.)

But as I realized that covid was merciless and unprecedented, on balance, whatever might be wrong with the vaccine was minimal compared to what's wrong with getting covid. And my daughter, who has accumulated an incredible amount of medical knowledge while keeping track of progress on cures for ITP, and has every reason in the world to be anti-vax, recommended the jab strongly because she knows the technology behind it. She got the shot, even though she was in a semi-risky group because no one knew if the J&J would make an existing ITP condition worse (she didn't think it would, and fortunately, it didn't).

So I totally get why people are resistant. However, I do feel that the results are in, and there is no longer any doubt that getting the vaccine is better than not getting it. Those who were opposed to it originally can't admit they're wrong so they have to keep dredging up more "opposing viewpoints." But really, the facts don't support their contentions.

I also steadfastly refuse to provide any information to any "news" website that requires me to log in to read articles. That goes for all of them. I've set off the "spam bomb" before, not doing it again.

I don't get spam from MPN, I'd nuke the whole deal if I did.

So I did the next best thing, I googled the author - "ivan pentchoukov credentials".

All I found were links to articles "he" has written. I found nothing personal about him, his education, his background, nothing.

I could write articles while providing zero credentials too, would you believe what I wrote?

Or maybe you have links to something I've missed? There are lots of layers on the internet.

The link in my post just above yours?

I googled that author too. There are lots of links there, here is the first one I found.

https://www.uclahealth.org/workfiles/Providers/Thanh-Neville-CV.pdf

The article was updated August 1, so there's no excuse not to have found the latest information, which is freely available from the Harvard Medical School. That article is available to read for free, no sign-up required, and is written by a Real Doctor. There are real stats, using Actual Math.

If you read the entire article by Ivan Pentchoukov (I've done it, so you don't have to), you'll realize that below the click-bait headline, the article shows research so sloppy he missed stats that would SUPPORT his claim that the "Chinese Communist Party virus" (his words) is problematic for children. Sloppy research, or perhaps really bad editing (I wouldn't rule that out), would also explain why facts weren't included that give the bigger picture, and oddly, why facts that undermined the click-bait argument WERE included! Go figure. Maybe it's a stealth plan to get people who can read and think to get the vaccine.

Our friend Ivan says "Nearly 400 children between the ages of 12 and 17 were diagnosed with heart inflammation after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, according to a study published by the CDC on July 30."

Maybe he's just not good at math, or maybe he just didn't get granular enough. According to Harvard Med Schoole, actually it's 676 between those ages diagnosed with heart inflammation - 76 children (boys and girls) per million doses (8.9 million x 76), and the stat also includes the Moderna vaccine. Additional cases have been found in older kids. What you're not told is this info from Harvard:

"Currently, about 1,000 cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported after vaccination against COVID-19 with one of the mRNA vaccines, Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna. The cases have been most common in male adolescents and young adults, occurring most often after the second dose, and usually within several days of receiving the vaccine. The majority of cases have been mild. Experts are still gathering information, but as of this writing, 79% of teens and young adults who experienced this had recovered."

But the following part of Ivan's article is correct, as far as I can tell. Why he chose to include information that undermines the click-bait headline is beyond me, unless....the EDITORS of Epoch Times have an agenda, and buried the mitigating info "below the fold." Per Ivan:

"Fourteen children died after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, according to the study. The cause of death is still not available for six of the cases. Of the eight other children, two died of intracranial hemorrhage, two died of pulmonary embolism, two committed suicide, one died of heart failure and one died of a rare blood condition. None of the death reports were determined to have been caused by heart inflammation.

'Impressions regarding cause of death did not indicate a pattern suggestive of a causal relationship with vaccination; however, cause of death for some decedents is pending receipt of additional information,' Anne Hause, the CDC"s corresponding author, wrote.

Hause noted that the study is subject to several limitations, including the fact that 'VAERS is a passive surveillance system and is subject to underreporting and reporting biases.' Though the system is passive overall, doctors are required to report all serious events following vaccination. The study was also not designed to capture all cases of heart inflammation and only counted the reports which used the term 'myocarditis.'

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization for the Pfizer vaccine for children 16 years and over on Dec. 11, 2020. The FDA expanded the authorization to children 12 and over on May 10, 2021.

After reports of heart inflammation began to arrive in June, the CDC"s advisory committee concluded that the risks of high inflammation did not outweigh the benefits of the vaccine and decided to continue recommending it to children aged 12 and over."

So we're back to what I've been saying all along...this is a moving target, and information continues to accumulate. You can cherry-pick whatever information you want to make your point. You can say that given the 80% recovery rate for a very small percentage of cases based on millions of doses, this really isn't an issue. Or, you can say that VAERS is imperfect, so maybe there are additional cases we DON'T know about. Or it may be that because heart inflammation has many possible causes, only a few of them were related to the vaccine. Or it may be that only children who walked past 5G towers ended up with heart conditions, or only children who drank Ovaltine. Who knows?

The one stat we know for sure is this: As of July 29, 97% of all Covid hospitalizations were for unvaccinated people, and an even higher percentage of deaths is of unvaccinated people. To those who say "Well, how come VACCINATED people are getting covid? Huh? HUH?!? Well, it's because the vaccine was never, ever, for one second billed as preventing getting covid. The claim was it would minimize hospitalization and deaths...which is exactly what's happening.

Okay, next. Set up the pins, I'll knock 'em down. :)

Well done Craig, thanks for taking the time to go deeper. I have always been a skeptic but some people have the integrity to get past that and I listen. You are one of those people, you do the research and write a balanced response. The doctors I've spoken with for my current medical care have no reason to make up anything, the consensus is that as of the times they were speaking to me, 100% of the patients being treated for Covid in Saint Joseph Hospital in Bellingham were unvaccinated.

Being from California, I remember:

Charlie Manson: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

And, The Jonestown Massacre. I'll never forget opening the magazine (was it Life or maybe Look?) to the "centerfold" image - an aerial image of Jonestown post massacre with bodies strewn everywhere.

https://www.history.com/topics/crime/jonestown

Maybe these are not the best articles on those topics but I don't believe they are hyperbole. I did read Helter Skelter, not real pretty.

We can get into a great deal of trouble by believing what people say. Both of these fine gentlemen are gone forever but sadly their ilk are not rare by any means and the internet provides new avenues for misinformation.

I suspect Covid cases and deaths world wide are hugely under-reported. Many countries do not have the infra-structure in place with large populations living in remote areas.

I don't think we will ever truly know what has happened, and what is happening.

That said, Craig's stats on being vaccinated vs being unvaccinated continue to clearly show the tremendous advantage to being vaccinated.

And I remember when our country fought polio and smallpox. There is never a final victory against disease but so many of us never got either of those diseases that for a time they truly seemed to be gone completely.

Next up for me is a shingles vaccine. If you've had chicken pox as a kid (I did), you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting shingles. The vaccine does not assure that you will never get it but it does provide considerable resistance to the damage that shingles can do if you do get it. And you are MUCH less likely to get it in the first place.

Another gamble where the odds are with being vaccinated. August is the month.

And I remember when our country fought polio and smallpox. There is never a final victory against disease but so many of us never got either of those diseases that for a time they truly seemed to be gone completely.

I'm not sure what you mean about "never a final victory against disease." In general, no, there's always going to be another. In specifics, smallpox has been eradicated. It took a lot of work, going from town to town in parts of the world such as Africa, but they believe it's gone. Of course, they used vaccines. :)

Thanks for both of your comments about news and news sources. The trick, it seems, is spending the time to dig into the info presented. We don't always have time for that. Throw these "commentators" on top of that and you have a real mess.

I don't know about the US, but over here, Epoch Times has been a staple of the alt-right for years now.

They feed the fake news machine, as you nicely show, by setting up sensationalist headlines and then writing crappy articles that seem to agree with the headline if you briefly skim the beginning. The article itself will often reflect reality and disagree with the headline, if you make it through, or it will reference sources that state something completely different.

The concept is to misrepresent and get that to stick, building on the certainty that their clientele is either never going to read the article closely, or not understand what it actually says.

We've seen it earlier with the CDC article recommending combined flu/covid tests: Somebody has obviously been spreading that around, with the bullshit claim that this proves that influenza and SARS-Cov-2 are indistinguishable by PCR-testing, and the sheep don't read or just don't understand the language, and just blindly spread it onwards, anyway.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Annoyingly, we've received a couple of issues of Epoch Times over the last year or so as an "enticement" to subscribe. The last issue, I used as a doormat to wipe my feet/shoes at the new house when we hadn't moved any of our proper doormats over yet and it had been raining a lot. I didn't want to track all that crap into the new place.

It's now waiting in the fireplace to be used as starter.

I'm not sure what you mean about "never a final victory against disease." In general, no, there's always going to be another. In specifics, smallpox has been eradicated. It took a lot of work, going from town to town in parts of the world such as Africa, but they believe it's gone. Of course, they used vaccines. :)

Thanks for both of your comments about news and news sources. The trick, it seems, is spending the time to dig into the info presented. We don't always have time for that. Throw these "commentators" on top of that and you have a real mess.

Yes, smallpox is certified as eradicated by WHO, but polio is still with us. And the flu has mutated often, which is why vaccines change. So, we got rid of one but HIV came up and running, polio is not prevalent but not gone and the flu is recurring annually with great regularity. I'd say we won a battle but not the war.

Honestly, as you can see above I almost never have time to vet all sources, mostly because I just don't care that much.

If I was put on this earth to try and make sure everybody was properly informed, then I have failed and that's that.

My mission apparently is far more noble, to baby-sit alcoholics by playing cover tunes in bars. :)