Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brand covering on live TV - no pride?

lightbg

Anyway, the keytar makes an appearance a couple of times

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVSijsbvCk

Hey Governor, I was meaning this to be a joke post (my jokes fall flat quite often!). In any case, thanks for all this detail, and I watched the video and got sucked right in. This concert is crazy, and the huge rockin' audience is going crazy, and it almost looks like the audience is CGI'd in. Looks like one of those audiences in Guitar Hero.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find the matter somewhere between amusing and baffling. There are only so many name pro instruments you'll see on stages and even fewer people who will know what they are or care. It seems like an anal-retentive form of greed to me. Its like Disney getting its corporate knickers in a knot when The Simpsons did a Steamboat Willie parody. If a company sponsors an event, sure, blank out other gear logos, but otherwise, where's the actual money trail? I'm biased, of course. I saw a rather derivative band on TV with a Prophet X up front, which made their music slightly more tolerable. :puff:

In the 1970s I lived for a while in the Cocoa Beach, Florida area and remember Disney suing a Melbourne preschool for decorating their walls with amateur paintings of Mickey and the gang. Evil, greedy corporation. (They just raised their one day park admission price to $148.00!)

I dont mind the logos if theyre not huge, and not in the center.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Anyway, the keytar makes an appearance a couple of times

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVSijsbvCk

Hey Governor, I was meaning this to be a joke post (my jokes fall flat quite often!). In any case, thanks for all this detail, and I watched the video and got sucked right in. This concert is crazy, and the huge rockin' audience is going crazy, and it almost looks like the audience is CGI'd in. Looks like one of those audiences in Guitar Hero.

Apparently, several singles from the TV soundtrack went gold in the Japanese charts, and the first album set a record for sales by a fictional band. I was drawn in by the comedy and wacky personalities, then surprised by the quality of songwriting.

I think this was one of the songs that the voice actresses for the show played live for real. It's at a tad slower tempo than the TV version, with a few clams. The actress playing our keyboard heroine Mugi did pretty well here. She replaced the guitar duet that the other actresses couldn't play with an organ part - I'm sure nobody here would complain about guitars being replaced by keys! - then played the piano break that follows the guitar duet pretty nicely. I like the little glisses she threw in there too.

[video:youtube]

Same song in the show - just one little detail was off but I like the work they put into animating the gig:

[video:youtube]

I try to avoid sticking tape on my keys, (except for covering that ridiculously huge flashing light on my CP4). The worst logo IMHO was the enormous Hammond logo on the XK3. Since I couldnt see an easy way to cover it without drawing even more attention, I left it as it was.

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, VB3M, B3X, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

I try to avoid sticking tape on my keys, (except for covering that ridiculously huge flashing light on my CP4). The worst logo IMHO was the enormous Hammond logo on the XK3. Since I couldnt see an easy way to cover it without drawing even more attention, I left it as it was.

You can get wood grain looking duct tape in several shades of brown. Just FYI for future reference

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

You can get wood grain looking duct tape in several shades of brown. Just FYI for future reference

I would say you want Gaffers tape versus Duct tape. Duct tape usually silver is much stickier and waterproof meant to be permanent like on ductwork. Getting the glue residue from duct tape off things can be difficult. Gaffer's tape is strong tape, but isn't as sticky and designed for taping down cables and things and then removed. Gaffers tape comes in a few colors since meant for use on a stage.

Archived