Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond B3 clone

radee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that there will be a next generation dual Mojo with DSP. Makes too much sense not to.

In the meantime, my obsolete Windows CE Mojo dual kicks ass and runs rings around most other clones.

And no, they don't have off the shelf sound cards in them.

Moe

---

That's ridiculous they are still using Windows embedded. Still using off the shelf PC sound cards inside as well?

My freshly renovated SY77 still runs the same operating system and DACs it used in 1990.

Sounds great, works like a Yamaha.

Why change something that works great and reliably? Hackers?

It's a hardware keyboard with dedicated internal boards not using a third party front end to host the sound generating part.

I'm not interested in what 'runs rings' around other sounds, it was purely an observation.

That's ridiculous they are still using Windows embedded. Still using off the shelf PC sound cards inside as well?

My freshly renovated SY77 still runs the same operating system and DACs it used in 1990.

Sounds great, works like a Yamaha.

Why change something that works great and reliably? Hackers?

:thu:

My TG77 (and many others) do(es) that too !

OTOH,- I dunno what it has to do w/ the "Hammond B3 clone" topic.

A.C

The disk doubler in MS-DOS 6 was buggy AF. 6.2 was a big improvement.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

You people are so four-dimensional.

Don't be silly, sugar is only three dimensional. It's a cube, not a tesseract.

So yes, I do find it ridiculous they are still using the same system from ten years ago.

The original Mojo is about 7-8 years old and still is on par with the best out there. And for your information, I have been on the road with it a LOT and it still works and sound fine. You may think it's ridiculous, but some people are still very happy with it. I am one of them. If you want a newer system there's the Mojo 61 and of course eventually there will be a new Mojo.

Calling something ridiculous just based on some biased opinion of an operating system seems kind of unfair to me, while in the end it still sounds better than most and has received free updates for many years.

www.frankmontis.com | www.youtube.com/user/frankmontis

The ATM has been around since 1967, you don't think they are still running the same operating system do you?

I might as well have said I drive a car and a response of "I guess you don't use your legs"

Who wants to have a failure mid gig and wait for it to boot up when the competition has already improved hugely in that respect.

So yes, I do find it ridiculous they are still using the same system from ten years ago.

You're not making sense.

Failure at a gig is unlikely to be due to the operating system, it's likely to be hardware -the old gear I still use has been totally reliable over the last 12 years of gigging.

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Wait until Gary finds out I use a ten-year-old operating system to process millions of transactions a day, guaranteeing 99.999% up time (that's 43 minutes of maintenance window per year). Those old operating systems, I tell ya, always worrying if they are going to come down with Alzheimer's or something.

FPGAs are so '90's, when I started designing them.

Yeah, I'm loving the recent marketing angle..."FPGA powered".

:rolleyes::facepalm:

I still am waiting for the Kyra or Valkyrie or whatever Waldorf are planning to call it.

The demos had me wanting it more than a Moog One. Am I nuts?

You may think it's ridiculous, but some people are still very happy with it.

I also am one who is still very happy with it (the origional dual manual Mojo). No plans to get anything else as of this writing. :)

:nopity:

You may think it's ridiculous, but some people are still very happy with it.

I also am one who is still very happy with it (the origional dual manual Mojo). No plans to get anything else as of this writing. :)

Another happy dual manual Mojo owner here with no intention of getting anything else. When I find a good instrument I like to keep it for a long time, spare myself from the distraction of gear churn, and focus my efforts on becoming a better musician. My 62 A100 is old technology too but I plan on keeping that around as well :)

Are you nuts for waiting for an announced Waldorf synth?

Why yes. Yes, you are.

Thank you. The only thing worse than being nuts is to be unsure about it.

and to be discussing this on a Hammond B3 clone thread. :hitt:

:nopity:

Archived