Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

On 4/3/2024 at 7:43 PM, hurricane hugo said:

These guys were a prog band from Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA back in the '70s. This album came out on 1976, never heard of them until an hour ago. In some alternate-universe version of America, "Space Brothers" was a Top 5 hit.

I'm starting to like the new and obscure bands you've been talking about, @hurricane hugo

Here's a short lived prog rock band Illinois, Starcastle. They were often compared to Yes back in the day, and listening to the multi-tracked vocal harmonies and Gary Strater's heady Rickenbacker bass, you can see why.

• Like 3

If you like Jazz, Keep watching as it just gets better and better and fun for the audience too!  Robert Conti is one of the greatest jazz guitarists out there IMHO! 😎👍

• Like 4
Take care, Larryz

im not sure if anyone here remembers Donna Fargo, but she had such a beautiful, yearning singing voice. She’s a better singer than Dolly Parton, that’s for sure!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

20 or so years ago, I saw a Hungarian movie called Kontroll.  It centers on the daily grind of a group of ticket takers on the Hungarian commuter rails…and a possible serial killer.  It had a really good soundtrack (that I’ve never been able to get) primarily done by electronica group Neo.  I tried finding the music on YouTube, but all I could find were movie trailers and some behind the scenes stuff.  I gave up looking.

Yesterday, on a whim ex nihilo, I decided to go looking again.  Not only did I find the stuff I’d seen before, but also movie clips of my favorite scenes, the whole movie (surprise, surprise), and some of Neo’s videos from the soundtrack and live performances.  Here’s Neo’s performance of “Kontroll” with the full vocals as opposed to the more instrumental movie version.

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I liked some of that.  My favorite was this one.  To my ears, it sounds like something Josh Homme would do with Alarmist…perhaps Alarmist would do with some guest guitar by Homme.

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post any TV theme songs here, but the Banana Splits song is so infectious you can't help but sing along to it (or give it a few spins just to torture the grouchy nieghbors with).

• Like 2

I was ever so slightly too young to watch that show in the original run, but TBH, I never watched the reruns either.  🤷🏾‍♂️

It was a good theme song, though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

I was going to reanimate the Feedback Appreciation thread for this, but I'll just leave it here instead:

It’s funny the dude talking about not realizing about the coolness of the drums in “TNK”.  The drums were probably the 2nd most important part (to me), right behind the psychedelic guitar.

Together, they made this my favorite Beatles song.  It’s kind of a peek into a possible future we’ll never witness.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Larryz said:

😎👍

I love this version of that song! Post Modern Juke Box is always fantastic, and I particularly LOVE Haley Reinhart's voice in ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she does!!

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _