Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

@Caevan O’Shite, yeah I could listen to Haley and the other two ladies on this version all night long!  They sing perfect harmony and really belt out the tune.  I love the lyrics and the rest of the band is great too... @hurricane hugo, the trombone in your vid made me think of the jazzy trombone in my vid LoL!  😎👍

• Like 4
Take care, Larryz

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd post some videos of Stephen Stills, since I've had a little bit of an unhealthy obsession with him. He recently performed with longtime pal Joe Walsh at the Vets Aid in November of 2023, a benefit concert suporting military veterans (Both Walsh and Stills are sons of military veterans.) The other clip is of Stills performing Wooden Ships with his son Chris, who is also a musician. And check it out: both Stephen Stills and his son Chris are playing Stratocasters!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Wish I’d found this when it was released:

Very cool.   :cool: 💫💖

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, p90jr said:

What are you listening to this week?

For me, I finally opened to the Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology vinyl box (7 LPs) set that came in a couple of weeks ago. Glad to snag that one when they re-issued it... snoozed the first time years ago and it was going for more than my car is worth second hand.

I also got in the bundle of 5 vinyl repressings of the 1990s releases by the great Scottish indie guitar pop rock band Teenage Fanclub, which have always been fave records...

And Matthew Sweet's recent record Tomorrow' Daughter is great classic guitar (power) pop, continuing his tradition of having great guitarists, including Jason Victor (Dream Syndicate/Steve Wynn) and Valentine McCallum this time around.

And 13, the new record by Canada's great rock quartet Sloan likes to stay on my turntable for days at a time...

as far as streaming at work...

Michael Landau has a new record called Rock Bottom that has some great guitar playing on it, of course.

Johnny Marr from The Smiths has a new-ish record called Call The Comet I keep going back to...

The record Adult Entertainment by Jon Herington (Steely Dan guitarist and musical director) is a couple of years old but I've been pulling it up a lot lately, along with Triboluminescence by Andy Summers... and Joe Pass and Tav Farlow albums have been calling to me recently.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Live Anthology is such a fantastic collection. I’m glad you managed to get your hands on it this time around. Teenage Fanclub’s 90s albums are classics too. Sounds like you’ve got some great listening sessions ahead!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did I post this here before?

Well then... and in 1966! "Polydor did not release the album in the United States considering it "too radical and non-commercial"... "

• Like 2

JD Souther is a really underrated songwriter. He wrote all of the Eagles biggest songs, and he also wrote the song You're Only Lonely, one of my favorite songs ever.

This song, Her Town Too, was actually a duet with James Taylor and got some airplay on adult contemporary charts throughout the Eighties. It also became the last big hit for both Souther and Taylor, before they both continued to make music without much chart success.

I also think Souther is an excellent singer and songwriter, and his voice is very high pitched, beuatiful and makes you wonder why you didn't discover this guy earlier.

• Like 4

A Freddie King classic, brought to you by Joe Satriani, Sonny Landreth and Davy Knowles, firin' on ALL pistons:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Bing Crosby croons "With Every Breath I Take" to Kitty Carlisle in Here Is My Heart (1934). Bing sings it to her again later in the picture but winds up kissing the wrong girl.

• Like 2