Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: McCartney on Corden

Mjazz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I've seen him where he just looked "old", a tad frail and not real vibrant. Granted, he's no spring chicken. But I'm seeing pictures of Chick these days, one year older, and he looks healthier and actually pretty amazing for 77. He really turned things around after putting on some weight years ago.

Paul still looks reasonably healthy but fairly certain he had some "work" done. His Birthday is one day after mine.

Wishing he's still with us for many years to come. A fun segment. His appeal is still timeless and universal.

That was absolutely fantastic.

I love when they were at his old house and he sat down to play "When I'm 64"

James' emotional reaction to "Let It Be" was real.

As Paul said in the car it's amazing how music can connect with you .

You could see that truth in the pub when they were playing "Hey Jude."

All those people signing along, many with tears in their eyes.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Yeah my first thought when I started watching was, well, I guess McCartney's really old now. Still, it was great fun, and just the sort of uplifting distraction I needed from today's troubled world.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Loved the Penny Lane sequence.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I think McCartney might seem like he looks older because he spent so many years with the dyed hair and facelifts that there wasn't much of an easing in period for his current state of senescence, whereas Chick Corea got there naturally and organically.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I enjoyed it so much that I watched it several times tonight. It put a big smile on my face. I will revisit it many times and share it with my family and friends. I am 61 now and attended the Beatles last concert at Candlestick in SF in Summer of 1966, the sound was not bad. I was 9 at that time, taking piano and drum lessons. I was and still am a huge fan. I still often think about The Beatles and play about 10 of their tunes. The carpool tour was marvelously scripted and well paced. Corden was warm, funny, and real. A real gift for Beatle fans!

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Really nice video. I liked it.

It did made me realize how hard it must be to be Paul McCartney. He cant going anywhere without having a million people around him. He keeps on being nice to all those people, which I think is incredible.

Rudy

and let's not forget our very own WIX back there being MD, keyboard wizard, percussionist, as well as playing the harmonica on love Me Do.

:)

WIX? I didnt know Pauls Md was on this forum!

Rudy

thats a great vid!

that is amazing how fast people congregate around mccartney.

my paternal grandfather, great grandfather, great great grandfather....were all liverpool born.

hope im that healthy, and look that good, at 76!

.... Jeff /// Yamaha P515 /// Roll Tide

I laughed, I cried.

Same here, even on repeated viewings. I found it very touching for several reasons, not least of which was seeing Sir Paul let the gray show. The man is 76! And still the same grace, wit, talent, gratitude.

Many things to savor in the video. One I especially liked was the story of writing "She Loves You" ... here's the room where we wrote it, then John and I finished it up and went in the next room to play it for my dad. Could you maybe do "yes, yes, yes" instead of "yeah, yeah, yeah"? Sorry dad, no.

To me, the evening of February 9, 1964, is still clear in memory. "She Loves You" was mind-blowing. How great to see the humanity behind it, them playing it for Paul's dad, the first audience, there in the sitting room!

Mike

I think McCartney might seem like he looks older because he spent so many years with the dyed hair and facelifts that there wasn't much of an easing in period for his current state of senescence, whereas Chick Corea got there naturally and organically.

Am I the only one who had to look up what "senescence" means?? MOI gets the word geek award for the week...

Probably true. From what I understand Chick also has always eschewed all recreational substances, which helps.

Chalk it up to clean living and vitamin pills, as it were. :)

That was a great interview! Every time I hear Penny Lane, I think, "what a masterpiece"!

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I dont get 80% of MOI post. Im not native speaking and lack a sense of humor.

You get 20% of them? Thats way more than I do!

Bashing on keytars is a universal language...:P

Rudy

That was bursting with cheese and schmaltz, but it was also some of the purest fun I've seen unfold in a while. Those two hit it off like old pals out for a pint. Beautifully, exuberantly done. :like:

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

I've seen a lot of interviews with McCartney over the years that always bring a smile to my face. He's always very down to earth and humorous. He has that sort of cheeky sarcastic bit of British humor going on that is always fun! I've heard on previous threads that he wasn't always that way, but I'm sure there had to be a time when he just had enough of the fandom for a while. It's nice to see this side of him. I sent this video to my 13 year old daughter as I knew she would love it! She grew up with me exposing her to Beatles and probably knows most of their catalog, so a modern day video like this will probably be as fun for her as it was for me.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The Chick Corea link doesn't work for me, saying the content is unavailable.

My sister sent me the Macca link yesterday, and I felt compelled to watch it as I was in a funk about some stuff we're not allowed to talk about here. :-) I laughed and cried during that show, but the tears were all of joy (with some from thoughts about those who have passed on).

I actually thought he looked younger than he is, compared to when he was putting dye in his hair and other such nonsense. I always feel people look younger when they go for the natural look.

I had to look up who James Corden is. Interesting bloke, with a nice personality. I also watched his Elton John karaoke clip.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived