Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Vent II problem?

elif

I got a new Vent II a couple of days ago and have been testing it and have found a couple issues that may (or may not) be setup or configuration related.

Testing with an Electro 4 SW73.

• When the gain is set to HI and regardless of mode, the hiss makes it unusable. This with no input signal.

• Regardless of the HI/LO gain setting and of mode, only the noise level differs - the signal through-gain remains the same. According to the spec's there should be a 10 dB difference.

Is this vent busted?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like something is really wrong with the unit. You're not trying to feed the Vent a balanced signal ,are you? Another user here just posted about the noise problems associated with doing that. If you're using the correct power supply and correct cables nothing like you describe should be happening. I would return it and try another. Seems that Vent Twos have more qc problems than the originals but Neo and their dealers are very good about repair/ replacement. You say it's new so getting it replaced should be no problem.

I am using the supply that came in the box with the unit. It seems to work okay with the gain set to LO, unbalanced in/out mono. I didn't try stereo. I am returning the unit.

I am returning the unit.

big advantage of buying new. Hopefully the exchange will give you a fully functional unit. I am lucky. I have owned an origional Vent and currently own a Vent II and have never had a problem. Hope yours is resolved quickly.

:nopity:

I bought used, and my VENT II bad bypass circuit was repaired by NEO guy in US free of charge. I had no idea of original purchase date.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

I bought a new Vent II last Christmas. Comparable (albeit not exactly the same) hiss issue, right out of the box. Got it replaced by the dealer, no problems (apart from a couple of weeks delivery time). Brand new and perfect unit came in right on time before a recording date.

Significant improvement with my Kurz PC361 (which has an acceptable Leslie sim within a mix), slight/lesser improvement over my Nord Stage EX.

Have fun using yours!

I am returning the unit.

big advantage of buying new. Hopefully the exchange will give you a fully functional unit. I am lucky. I have owned an origional Vent and currently own a Vent II and have never had a problem. Hope yours is resolved quickly.

Glad to hear!

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Archived