Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Seven

There was an update on June 2nd for the Seven for the Tine Piano. The update says this:

Version 1.22 - June 2019

- Improved the Tine EP engine with regards to the low notes

- Improved the overall stability, minor optimizations here and there and minor bug fixes

I wonder if he plans to update the Gemini module with the improvement unless it is already in the other modules and he is just getting the Seven up to speed. Hard to say without Guido chiming in.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know what's up with your screen name?

You mean Toby Dammit? Well, it's not my real name of course, I borrowed it from the lovely Federico Fellini's segment of the Spirits Of The Dead movie.

I'd say that if someone was trying to choose between the Mojo 61 and the Seven, there would be many factors in that decision more important than whether the EP engines were identical.

Of course, of course, I agree but I admit I was a bit curious.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I had the strange aliasing noise come back, it doesent matter which volume setting, headphones or line out, cables etc. Also the wifi connection died on me.

I spoke with crumar and sent a recording of the sound, they said I needed to change the DAC. I had the seven sent to a shop and got the main board changed. Now the wifi worked again but I still have the aliasing noise.

I noticed another strange thing, there is a faint static in the background at all times, pretty low but def. higher than it should be. Also, when the seven is turned off there is a pretty significant static in the headphone out.

I'm starting to belive that there is a problem with the power section.

Can any one of you guys that have a seven please see if you hear static in the headphones when the power is turned off? It would be of great help, I'm trying to figure out all anomalities.

I really really want to get the crumar seven to work, right now the aliasing is really turning me off and I really just have a bad time at the piano knowing how much i spent on it.

I had the strange aliasing noise come back, it doesent matter which volume setting, headphones or line out, cables etc. Also the wifi connection died on me.

I spoke with crumar and sent a recording of the sound, they said I needed to change the DAC. I had the seven sent to a shop and got the main board changed. Now the wifi worked again but I still have the aliasing noise.

I noticed another strange thing, there is a faint static in the background at all times, pretty low but def. higher than it should be. Also, when the seven is turned off there is a pretty significant static in the headphone out.

I'm starting to belive that there is a problem with the power section.

Can any one of you guys that have a seven please see if you hear static in the headphones when the power is turned off? It would be of great help, I'm trying to figure out all anomalities.

I really really want to get the crumar seven to work, right now the aliasing is really turning me off and I really just have a bad time at the piano knowing how much i spent on it.

Just tested my Seven with power both on and off - no static in headphones...

• 1 year later...

According to Crumar's Facebook page, they have a custom stacker.  I don't see it for sale on their site yet, at least not under accessories for the Seven.  But they have something, which I bet Frank is using.  Reach out to Crumar and/or Frank and see where you can get this stacker. 

SevenStacker.thumb.jpeg.f07c614a62f2816f21e93ebdd776171e.jpeg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

1 hour ago, KRK said:

ciao!

just for fun, all sounds coming from the Seven:
- CP Electric Grand

- Overdrive Clavinet (left pan)

- Clean Clavinet (right pan)

- Synth Pad/Lead

- FM Synth Brass

- Bells

(virtual modeling)

https://youtu.be/NqrZITj8_x8

The Seven is stacked on your Rhodes!  :)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thought the sound doesn't translate into the mix? Whenever I tried to record it it just sounded weak and flat. I sold mine and bought a Fender Mark 2. Definitely doesn't compare in terms of sound. But then, through an amp I thought it sounded fine. Should I have recorded it through an amplifier? Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, PixelNotesMusic said:

Am I the only one who thought the sound doesn't translate into the mix? Whenever I tried to record it it just sounded weak and flat. I sold mine and bought a Fender Mark 2. Definitely doesn't compare in terms of sound. But then, through an amp I thought it sounded fine. Should I have recorded it through an amplifier? Thoughts?

Yes.  If you like the sound of the instrument amped, you mic the cabinet.  Same as with Guitar.   Of course now with modeled ampfliers in software - guitarists can record clean/direct and change their amp settings later.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can any Seven owners confirm that the later models have 2 USB type A sockets? The manual says the second one can be used to MIDI controllers. Looking at the photos on Thomann and DV247 they only show one socket. Probably photos of the early models?

2013694944_Screenshot2022-02-26at10_13_43.png.8e10ad8c4fe74e7adbf2ad6379a032bd.png