Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Attack of the mutant B3

MathOfInsects

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if he takes it to gigs? :D

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

There has be more than one organ shown in those pics. The fallboard in the first pic can't possibly match the ones showing the 3rd manual (someone shoehorned a Wulry in that thing?!?)

Look at the pedal board in the background--same organ in the same place. I think the lid must slide back. Crazy.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I've got an A-100, but am not familiar with the internal layout of a B3. I don't understand what I'm seeing. Did someone shoehorn a piano in above the B3's drawbars? Picture 4 seems to show the hammers in the white cabinet, separate and distinct from the B3. Does that back up against the B3 somehow, with some sort of mechanical linkage?

For the moment, I'm going to assume that the shorty pipes are just for show.

I'm confused. Someone check the calendar. Is it April Fool's?

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Near as I can tell:

There is 1) a B3, which apparently also comes with 2) a leslie, according to the ad; 3) a hidden 3rd-tier board that controls the hammers in 4) a (separate) piano console that attaches to the first through magic, 5) the Fisher Spacexpander reverb unit, because I think we can all agree this would have been confusing without one; 6) pipes, because duh, OBVIOUSLY it comes with pipes, 7) pedals, 8) a bench, and 9) a marimba, because duh, OBVIOUSLY if it has pipes it is going to have a marimba.

www.joshweinstein.com

Clarke's three laws:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Clarke's three laws:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Tim, does this mean you are gonna buy it?

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

I bet that came out of a church. When I was a kid, our church's Hammond had an extra keyboard attached to play a carillon (church bells.) it wasn't a four octave keyboard though. I bet they had the piano installed so one musician could do double duty.

My second guess would be that it's from an old theater.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

IIRC didn't Southern California have a restaurant chain called "Pizza and Pipes" a few years back? This could be a mutant escapee from one of those franchises.....

Also there was a guy who did an organ single back in the 70's that had an extra set of key contacts installed that triggered solenoids connected to mallets over a marimba mounted behind him on a wall.......good sound, great visual.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Somebody out on that end of the map needs to call the folks in the ad and get some info--maybe go look at this thing. Take more photos.

I demand an investigation!

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

IIRC didn't Southern California have a restaurant chain called "Pizza and Pipes" a few years back? This could be a mutant escapee from one of those franchises.....

Also there was a guy who did an organ single back in the 70's that had an extra set of key contacts installed that triggered solenoids connected to mallets over a marimba mounted behind him on a wall.......good sound, great visual.

Jake

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2859201/Organ_Grinder_Toronto#Post2859201

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

So. Many. Questions.

So who's going to drive out there and check this thing out? Hmm, I'm taking my dad to the doctor in Irvine next week.....

I am not going to lie to you, there is a part of me that is attracted to this wreck of a beast, in exactly the same way that I am attracted to bacon and to former strippers with daddy issues. I know it can only end badly. But it's such fun on the way down.

www.joshweinstein.com

Why former? That seems kind of strange.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived