Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Roland gear.

Gatorjohn50

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe a new case, new badge....but it will STILL be all old Roland :poke:

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

:laugh: Yeah, but the same could be said for the Montage (AWM, FM) Forte (many of the same, core samples), Nord, etc.. Certainly some sample and model updates have occurred, but the core technology has stayed the same. IIRC, Last time we had all new keyboard hardware technology was in the 1980's, with Roland SA pianos and Yamaha FM..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Buy your JP-80 now. It is the last quality action synth from Roland.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

looks to me like the underexposed teaser photo shows the successor to the jd-xi and a new boutique D50 synth. i dig my jd-xi so it will be interesting to see the improvements, if that's indeed what it is.

I hear Steinway is releasing yet another repackaged piano this year, still using the same metal strings and wooden keys. ;)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

You may very well be on target, CEB. It seems with the synths they are very focused on EDM producers for now.

Thank goodness there is still activity in the digital console and stage piano lines. They are all in on this PHA-50 action, it's all over the new models. Ivory Feel-G is now in the DS88. I haven't been able to play it yet (the RD-2000 or FP-90, etc.)

Would love to see them put out a quality action pro build VR-XXX again.

3 sections:

RD-2000 Pianos and EPs

Jupiter-80 Synth patches

VR-09 organ engine with an all new top modern Leslie simulation

Now watch them surprise us with an update to the Fantom/FA lineage.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Even something with the same synth engine, but the keybed from the A70 would be an advance :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

http://ww2.sonicftp.com/news/images/28590_771.jpg

http://experience.roland.com/tfr2017a/

Synth products will be announced on June 9 and June 10.

I'm confused: I thought the synths were product #9 and 10 introducing on 6/20......that calendar is as confusing as their interface.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

looks to me like the underexposed teaser photo shows the successor to the jd-xi and a new boutique D50 synth. i dig my jd-xi so it will be interesting to see the improvements, if that's indeed what it is.

I have to politely disagree. I think the underexposed photo is a System 8. It appears to be four octaves of full sized keys, and I can almost read "System 8" in the corner.

If you are correct that it's an improved JD-XI, I will be very upset, because i JUST bought one of those like a week ago. And June 20th will be a few days past my return window. And I love the JD-XI.

If it were a reissue of the Jupiter 8, I'd be fine with that.

haha, cannot argue with that!! :)

If it were a reissue of the Jupiter 8, I'd be fine with that.

Yes, but only if it's true analog. No more VA's.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Are we wish listing?

If so, I think I wouldn't be alone in hoping for a Fantom/FA refresh.

A full out Supernatural or better sound set with a PHA-50 action on the 88 or 76k model. A 61 or 73k quality synth action ie. the Jupiter-80. Not sure if Roland is capable of thinking out of the box on the alternative keyboard lengths. But they could surely trickle down some better actions and their better sounds to the giggers line.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Are we wish listing?

If so, I think I wouldn't be alone in hoping for a Fantom/FA refresh.

A full out Supernatural or better sound set with a PHA-50 action on the 88 or 76k model. A 61 or 73k quality synth action ie. the Jupiter-80. Not sure if Roland is capable of thinking out of the box on the alternative keyboard lengths. But they could surely trickle down some better actions and their better sounds to the giggers line.

If it were me, I'd do the 61 and 76 semi-weighted, and a 73 and 88 weighted. And only the 76 with aftertouch.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

I guess they figure that worked for Yamaha with the ReFACE series -- except that the ReFACE keys had a lot more going on than people initially thought, but I doubt that these "items" do.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I hear Steinway is releasing yet another repackaged piano this year, still using the same metal strings and wooden keys. ;)

... 61 mini keys.

Archived