Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, that was short and sweet...

Aidan

After a few gigs with Rebecca, I've been stood down for now. Their regular keys player (who has been unwell) has made a quicker recovery than expected. So no Glasgow or Newcastle shows for me this week, I'm afraid.

Part of me is a little disappointed I had moved other commitments around to fit these shows in but I figure there will be further opportunities down the line (I got nothing but positive feedback from both the band and her management), so I'm withdrawing gracefully. Also, I can't be too peeved that a fellow keys player who was ill has made such a good recovery.

The tour of Germany in November is definitely on for me, however, as the other guy is otherwise committed.

So, if you were planning to come along to any of the other UK shows with Snakecharmer expecting to see me sat at the boards, apologies. But it's still worth your time going out to see Rebecca and the band. They put on a hell of a show.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad Aidan, but as you said, there will be further opportunities I bet! You rocked that gig.

This is how music business works, sometimes you have to be patient and except some setbacks. In the end your talent/professionalism/musicianship will pay off (thats why I have a day job....:P).

Rudy

After a few gigs with Rebecca, I've been stood down for now. Their regular keys player (who has been unwell) has made a quicker recovery than expected.

If you want to have a sudden relapse, I know a guy who knows a guy. Just sayin'.

Aidan,

You're a nice person - nice things will continue to happen to you.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

After a few gigs with Rebecca, I've been stood down for now. Their regular keys player (who has been unwell) has made a quicker recovery than expected.

If you want to have a sudden relapse, I know a guy who knows a guy. Just sayin'.

Nice keyboard player you got there.........be a shame if something happened to him........

Nice keyboard player you got there.........be a shame if something happened to him........

BWAHAHAHAhahahahahaha :roll:

Aidan, you're a good man... no matter what Jane and all those other folks say about you! ;)

Luv ya, mean it.

Tommy

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Glad it was sweet, sorry it was short Aidan.
This. But I suspect it has been and will continue to be a good thing for you, Aidan. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for you. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Rebecca?

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Sorry it worked out like that Aiden, but at least you are the first call and that could lead to other work.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Sorry that you've lost your gig mate, but you have gained extra experience, and your name is further "out there" than it was previously, which can only be good.

Hope something else turns up for you.

Regards, Frank

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Hey Aidan, I'm just catching up on all of this, not had a chance to view anything but houses lately never mind a forum. Looks like a really great gig, you deserve it full time, your what I call a 'proper' musician!

And I'd also like to thank you for giving me house ideas in terms of your 'woodshed' in your garden. Based on what you have, I am basing my house choice on a nice garden for a cabin to do my music in.

I'm in Nottingham at some point over the summer so will try catch up with you in person.

Archived