Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Old Topic: Isolated Clav Parts on Higher Ground

Barryjam

Sorry if this has been beatin' to death. I'd like to hear the isolated clav tracks to Higher Ground. Anybody have access to them. (I've found them for Superstition). I want to work out a live two hands only version of HG. Anybody have recordings or sheet music of how how you do that? In a band context, do you like to use lead guitar or bass to handle a simple line in the intro before the bass would ordinarily come in.

Lots of questions, many answers I'm sure. I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has found a great compromise!

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.... you learn so much from listening to these parts.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Holy crap! I never knew these were out there for any Stevie tunes other than Superstition, but this guy's got isolated tracks for Sir Duke, Living For the City, and I Wish too. I know what I'll be doing for the next while. Thanks for posting!

Back in the 60's and 70's we had to slow down the turntable and keep lifting the needle on and off the vinyl. These kids have it so easy today.... bastards!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Back in the 60's and 70's we had to slow down the turntable and keep lifting the needle on and off the vinyl. These kids have it so easy today.... bastards!

As a kid, I thought it was great to discover a record player that had 16RPM. (Most I saw had 33, 45 and 78.)

I originally loved the 16RPM for the slow monster creature sound. I then later liked how it slowed things down and stayed in pitch albeit 1 octave lower.

I then recorded 16RPM things onto cassette to deal with the lift-the-arm thing. I hated wearing out tapes, though.

Holy crap! I never knew these were out there for any Stevie tunes other than Superstition, but this guy's got isolated tracks for Sir Duke, Living For the City, and I Wish too. I know what I'll be doing for the next while. Thanks for posting!

+1

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Thank you, indeed! What he does on track 1 provides me with several months of funk practice. Like usual, he takes me down several notches but also inspires me.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

Now I need to revamp the way I play "I Wish". Can now hear a descending pattern in the Chorus that wasn't apparent before. Some EP chords are different than what I was doing. Thanks for bringing up this topic.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

You'll pay a pretty penny for a Mutron 3. The generic term for this class of effect is "envelope follower." Others make them.

Yup. The poor man's synthesizer. I had one back when and it made my crappy "Sound City" electric piano/harpsichord sound pretty badass too.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived