Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: dying in the saddle

Mjazz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's incredible. I know people will miss her, and my condolences to her family, but in my opinion, that is a very cool way to go out. Doing something you love, and one of three ways I wouldnt mind "checking out" during.

What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Her life's story is even more interesting than her final exit.

Still to "die with your shoes on", doing what you love is a great way to go compared to the many alternatives.

For myself, hope my final number is something with a little more depth than There's No Business Like Show Business.

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Louis Vierne has a pretty good story (via wikipedia):

"Vierne suffered either a stroke or a heart attack (eyewitness reports differ) while giving his 1750th organ recital at Notre-Dame de Paris on the evening of 2 June 1937. He had completed the main concert, which members of the audience said showed him at his full powers"as well as he has ever played." Directly after he had finished playing his "Stele pour un enfant defunt" from his 'Triptyque' Op 58, the closing section was to be two improvisations on submitted themes. He read the first theme in Braille, then selected the stops he would use for the improvisation. He suddenly pitched forward, and fell off the bench as his foot hit the low "E" pedal of the organ. He lost consciousness as the single note echoed throughout the church. He had thus fulfilled his oft-stated lifelong dreamto die at the console of the great organ of Notre-Dame."

Drummer Nick Menza, formerly of Megadeth dies during third song of the fusion band Ohm's first set Sat night at the Baked Potato in Studio City, CA. 51 years old. Ohm's previous drummer died of a heart attack a year ago.

Drummer Nick Menza, formerly of Megadeth dies during third song of the fusion band Ohm's first set Sat night at the Baked Potato in Studio City, CA. 51 years old. Ohm's previous drummer died of a heart attack a year ago.

Yeah, really sad. I think Nick Menza was a great drummer...

Rudy

Archived