Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

smoker's equipment

Morizzle

Yikes! I just bought a pretty cheap Motif XS rack off of ebay (yes, I have a GAS problem). Anyhow, it's in great condition - but the previous owner seems to have been a heavy chain smoker. The little unit manages to stink up my room in no time. I've wiped it down a few times now... I always get a thick brown wiping cloth :o

Any tips on how to handle smoky gear? I'd put it on the balcony for a week if it wasn't electronics... :laugh:

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
might want to open it up and swap the insides with rubbing alcohol or some other solvent that will dissolve the tar but not hurt the components.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Pop the hood, place it outside, and blast forced air on it using a fan. Use different angles for the fan.

You can use a mild water/organic cleaner mix to spray on the circuit boards. Apply with the boards vertical such that gravity drains the cleaner. Allow to dry in the sun.

I hate that nicotine smell.

Awful. Slightly OT but 2 months ago my wife and I got an insane deal on a barely used 2012 fully loaded Prius through our credit union. One week later we realized why it was such a great deal as the smoke smell from the previous owner busted through the air fresher layer they had swathed the thing in. We had the air filter changed but still need to figure out how to get the smell off all the surfaces.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

An ozone generator in an enclosed space with a fan aimed over the KB would probably get rid of any residual odor after cleaning it up.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

An ozone generator in an enclosed space with a fan aimed over the KB would probably get rid of any residual odor after cleaning it up.

Ozone generator will certainly help if not resolve the problem but don't over do it. It can make plastic brittle.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

When we bought our current car, it took a while for the smell of smoke to get out of the car.

It's really bad when I play a smoky bar, and my gear reeks on the way home.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I bought a Juno G about 8 years ago off eBay for a great deal with the caveat it was in a smokers home. Boy was it ever....

After doing the obvious outer clean, I left it outside on our covered porch and sprayed Febreze on it about every other day. I must have left it out there for a good month, but the smell did finally go away. Febreze really works great....

Archived