Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

2 hours ago, kenheeter said:

Hi, I'm interested in this for guitar, does it do tremolo?

I don't think so. Besides the obvious things, the MOD control acts a a dual effect one. If you turn it to one side, it is a PHASER and to the other side, CHORUS. But there is no tremolo that I can see

I bought the Steven Slate VSX headphones. They arrive later this week, I'll report back after I give them a try. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I upgraded Musik Hack's Master Plan, now with a selectable lo-mid-hi mid-range knob. Best non-synth plug of my last year or so. 👍

• Like 1

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

On 6/22/2024 at 12:14 PM, jpgxk3 said:

MAG P-2 happened my way recently. 

IMG_8496.jpeg

Nice! I may be in the market for a new dual manual clone, after a recent gig disaster with my Mojo that I may post about elsewhere, let me know what you think.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

On 6/23/2024 at 3:38 AM, Tom Williams said:

Yeah, in a couple of ways:

• In the driver, I trimmed the buffer size down to 128 bits like I had done with the XR18.  At 48 Khz sample rate this reduces the input latency to about 3 ms, if I recall right.  Another couple of ms output latency, so definitely less than 3 meters total "added distance" to the piano sound.
  • Also, the hardware itself has a slightly weird "mix" knob (shown below) that lets you choose any mix you want of "PC -> ASIO -> interface"  and/or "direct input-to-monitor output without any PC intervention" -- or a variable mix of the two, which would make sense if you are monitoring other tracks but want the keys or other input signal directly.

image.png.9c39541b0d0c4207c5066e2c9ee95703.png

There's probably some more subtlety in the box; I've only had it for a day....

Thank you. I ended up going for a 2nd hand Steinberg UR824 which came up on ebay for a good price. Going with what I know this time but would certainly consider the Behringer again, it does appear a great bit of kit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ibarch said:

Thank you. I ended up going for a 2nd hand Steinberg UR824 which came up on ebay for a good price. Going with what I know this time but would certainly consider the Behringer again, it does appear a great bit of kit. 

Good stuff, I have the UR44c, only good things to say about that, they recently released a new version of their mixer software as well (iOS version too!), and it's really a nice system!

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Now that I'm getting back in to recording again and creating music I'm trying to make a small recording workspace.   So I just ordered a NI Kontrol S49 MIDI controller and Komplete Standard since it's on their half off sale.  So now I have a variety of sounds to supplement Ableton and Logic and small MIDI controller that can sit in front of my computer.   

• Like 1

Grabbed the MPC Fabric Collection for my Key 37, on promo now. Basically a fully programmable "Rompler" with a wide range of sample based sounds, accompanied by a quite nice set of FX to enhance the sound design. Not that impressed by the pianos tbh.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

6 hours ago, Leroy C said:

harmonica.jpeg.76ad72454b60a5681da7433b5edb63be.jpeg

Well, crap.  Now I have another instrument to learn.  Where am I going to find the time?!  :D

Mini TRS for Midi? 🤣

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -