Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Doc Elwood

Bluesape

Lee Phillips has succumbed to cancer. He'd been hospitalized since before X-mas. He was a force of nature in this forum, albeit not without some drama. He loved a good debate, and had an outrageous sense of humor. He was helpful, successful, industrious, and driven.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/LeeonBreak.jpg

Miss ya already, bud!

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is very very sad news. I know he's always been one of the greats here on our little forum. I will truly miss him and send my condolences to all his friends and family. Rest in Peace Doc! Sincerely, Larryz
Take care, Larryz

OH MY GOD.

That's terrible news; I am so sorry to read that, and I feel for his family and friends.

I will forever associate Fender Pro Amps- particularly 1x15 models- with Lee. That may seem a strange thing to many people- particularly 'civilians'- for me to type here, but I think Lee would have liked that.

I am sorry to see him go, and particularly sorry that he went that way, it must have been HARD. Both for him, and his family and friends.

Hats-off!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I WAS wondering why we haven't heard from him here in a while. An even keeled temperment, with interesting and insightful things to say, and to top it off, a DEE-troit boy!

I missed him BEFORE I learned of this sad news.

Rest in peace, indeed!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

We will greatly miss him and and his contributions. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

He took the trouble to get in touch with me over here in the UK when I was going through a bad patch. He was a guy I knew I could rely on.

When he disappeared off the screens a few months ago, I got in touch with him via email.

In typical Lee fashion, he replied he had 'some bad luck'.

He will be sorely missed.

RIP Lee.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I don`t even know what to say-we had some private chats that are in my permanent book of best memories. Yes we had some differing opinions too but, they paled in comparison to his general awesomeness. I admired his focus and professionalism. I had been looking forward to updating him on what I was up to.

Very sad, a loss for music and for all of us.

RIP Lee, I will miss you sir.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

A true professional in everything he did. First "met" him here several years ago and always enjoyed his input on matters and appreciated his sharing of his wealth of knowledge. We shared some great stories through PMs as well. RIP Doc, you were one of the great ones. :(

Reverbnation stuff

More Reverbnation stuff

I feel happy! I feel happy!

Archived