Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Name is Dan, and I am a Standaholic

DanL

Duh. It looks like a dog house.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110209030842/peanuts/images/0/02/Snoopy_wwi_ace_lb-1-.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I don't like about my Spider Pro (2 boards) is that it looks like a Sopwith Camel without the propeller.

It's a Steerman :boing:

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Yes, I admit it. I just ordered another stand. This time an Onstage 2 tier Z stand with a mic boom attachment.

What's the model number, if you don't mind?

I just had an exceptional experience with On Stage customer support. So good, that I feel like I should buy something else from them. Just because.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I've always thought that the old-style USS Apex was the perfect stand. Next year will mark 20 years of using mine. It's been set up literally thousands of times. Still looks great.

What's the complaint?

As for other stands, I've got 2 X-Stands (On Stage & K&M), 3 platform stands (1 Samson, 2 On Stage), and a 3-tier USS A-Frame that I bought in 1980(!). It's set up out in the garage, overtop of my Rhodes, and holding a spare Quadrasynth+, a spare QS7.1, and my old JX-8P, with a sheet over them all.

Aww, hell. Picture>thousand words:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/HandsomeTramp/Mobile%20Uploads/1012140150_zpsd5e44e55.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

KS7350 is the model- they sent me the single tier version (which in hindsight, is why I got such a good deal). Will call them tomorrow and have them ship out the 2nd tier attachment. The stand is very sturdy and breaks down pretty much flat with ease. It'll definitely be easier to use than the Standtastic.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

The only thing I don't like about my Spider Pro (2 boards) is that it looks like a Sopwith Camel without the propeller.

It's a Steerman :boing:

That's "Stearman." technically, it's a Boeing-Stearman 75 Kaydet.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

woops wrong key, last time I went uo in one, I laughed my ass off.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

You remove the cap on the back of one of the second tier pieces and insert it in there.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

KS7350 is the model- they sent me the single tier version (which in hindsight, is why I got such a good deal). Will call them tomorrow and have them ship out the 2nd tier attachment. The stand is very sturdy and breaks down pretty much flat with ease. It'll definitely be easier to use than the Standtastic.

Thanks, Dan. I DuckDuckGo'd it (I don't think that'll ever catch on as a verb...) and you may be interested in the Amazon review:

The stand is good, but the company has been lazy about updating the specifications. The stand adjusts to 33" wide, no longer to 36". There is also a discrepancy as to how much weight it will support, either 375 pounds or 500 (both numbers are claimed). The stand now has a small, vertical support not shown in the picture, between the cross-bars, so perhaps the higher number is correct. They also did not bother to list the number of height adjustments (5) or how far apart they are (about 3"). The height adjustments could be improved -- although there are some guiding marks, it's not easy to tell when one is exactly in the right place (so that a hole is used); it does not suddenly feel "in the hole," and one might easily miss the right notch, which could be dangerous at higher weights (where it might suddenly slip).

Just a head's up.

I found the adjustments for height very easy and no issues with the pointed end of the knob finding the hole. The widest width adjustment is plenty big enough for an 88 note keyboard. As far as weight capacity- 375, 500- way more than I'll ever use. I was doing dips on it to see how strong it was, I'm about 200lbs and it didn't move with me pushing myself up and down on it. I can't wait to get it on stage.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

You remove the cap on the back of one of the second tier pieces and insert it in there.

Thanks. I just ordered one. I recently started gigging again, and first I bought a tripod stand that was useless. Then I got a used Atlas from a production company that works ok. I'm hoping this works even better.

Thanks again - Jim

The 2nd tier came in yesterday, so I assembled it and set up my gear. I have the stand a bit higher than the Standtastic, so if I want to stand up on some songs where I'm not using 2 feet on controller pedals, I can do so. I set my throne a little taller as well. The mic boom attachment is perfect.

There seems to be more room between the keyboards than the Standtastic, easier to get to the controls on the bottom board, but at the same time, they seem closer together because the top board extends forward more. I have a little more of an angle set on the top board as well. All in all, it's a very comfortable playing position for both boards.

For my Moog, which I set up off my right on an X stand, I'm breaking out the vintage Invisible stand. I took off the bottom tier so it's only got a single set of supports. I can set it at a good height and it's nice and stable. The drawback of the X stand, the higher you set it, the narrower it gets. Plus the invisible looks cool. I need to clean it up and give it a fresh coat of spray paint.

I did some cable management too. I have a snake of stuff coming from my rack and I wanted it to look somewhat neat in appearance. 4 midi cables and 8 audio cables in the main bunch. I also gave myself 2 options for mounting my Ventilator, one on top of the FA08, and the other on my rack. It'll depend on if I'm using a speaker or in ears as to where I place it. I prefer it on the rack but that's where I put my speaker too. I put some Velcro on the rack to hold it, and a little spot of it on the FA08 to keep it from sliding if I put it there.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

some pics... please excuse the messy garage!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/dan88z/20141016_094429_zpscmxti3wc.jpg

Not nearly as messy as it was...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/dan88z/20141016_094557_zpslbj74bep.jpg

Moog on the Invisible

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/dan88z/20141016_094637_zpsk7fiwkmq.jpg

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Thanks. I just ordered one. I recently started gigging again, and first I bought a tripod stand that was useless. Then I got a used Atlas from a production company that works ok. I'm hoping this works even better.

Thanks again - Jim

Whoops, missed your question. Joe got it though, basically it plugs in to an open end of a tube in your stand...it fits both my Z and one of my X stands, both round and square. The threaded bit opposite the knob (bottom left) is what goes in, then the knob forces the two parts (divided slantwise) apart until they hug the inside of the tube.

Mine has held up for a long time now, long enough for me to say that it was worth it and to go grab another if it didn't work--but no signs of that. I will say that it's not something that I'd want to grab and swing aside that often, it would loosen up and eventually wear out due to having to tighten it back up...the main benefit to me as I said is to allow it to go into my ten-gallon gear tub, which means I'm not going to forget it! Separate mic stands have been my bane as far as leaving gear (that and 9v batteries for my in-ear pack...).

@DanL - keyboards and a motorbike - cool - you could cover "Leader Of The Pack" and the Meat Loaf back catalogue with that set up.

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i46/5/10/29/fbz_b189aa009c47591c6cb2a637bbd79202.jpg

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

That bike in the background is a "project" bike... meaning, I took it apart and that's where it stopped. Shortly after that, I got this bike, and spend a lot of free time in the saddle vs working on a 20 year old POS:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/dan88z/IMG_0776_zpsc3b89c79.jpg

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived