Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha FC7 volume pedal?

angelgirl

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like its substantial feeling under foot

I like its sweep. Some pedals have less ( or travel - a physical Dimension ) sweep ( from all the way off to all the way on. Aka from 0 ( I guess it can go to 0 ! ) to 127 in terms of MIDI

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

People like the FC-7 so much they buy 3rd party doo-dads in order to use their FC-7 pedals on non Yamaha boards.

PS I really like mine also.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

People like the FC-7 so much they buy 3rd party doo-dads in order to use their FC-7 pedals on non Yamaha boards.

Yeah, and they are fantastic too! ----> Ashby Solutions (FC7 Pedal Accessories) I got one of their adaptors to use with my Roland VK-8 organ when I had it, and it worked like a charm! (And count me in the 'plus' column of FC7 pedal-users too!) :thu:

I've got a couple now, originally for my motif es8, since then on my nords and hammond sk1... solid... I love em...

gig: hammond sk-1 73, neo vent, nord stage 2 76, ancona 34 accordion, cps space station v3

home: steinway m, 1950 hammond c2

I assume you're talking about a Motif?

SSM

no, it's a Roland Fantom.

Is this sarcasm (in which case a smiley would be helpful) or your lack of knowledge of the Roland and Yamaha product lines? ;)

(see, smiley :thu:)

apologies to SSM and our Ambassador of Goodwill. In my haste I neglected to add this: :D

so now I'll add this :facepalm:

in order to not get this :cop:

:wave: everyone have a great evening :thu:

:nopity:

If so, the FC-7 is the best expression pedal for your keyboard that money can buy.

Simple!

SSM

+1

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

SSM

no, it's a Roland Fantom.

Is this sarcasm (in which case a smiley would be helpful) or your lack of knowledge of the Roland and Yamaha product lines? ;)

(see, smiley :thu:)

apologies to SSM and our Ambassador of Goodwill. In my haste I neglected to add this: :D

so now I'll add this :facepalm:

in order to not get this :cop:

:wave: everyone have a great evening :thu:

Dave, it's really not a problem, it made me laugh. I realised immediately that you had forgotten the smiley, I've been on this forum long enough to know that you're not a snarky kind of guy.

Peace.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I still have my first FC7 driving an old XK1. Apart from me screwing up the adjustment screw a long time, it's solid. If I can't break it by being a moron, I think it's going to be great for a normal person.

Feels like a regular expression pedal, to me.

+ (whatever we're up to now)

I've owned 2 for several years and they simply work and take abuse.

Currently one is used with my MOX6 and the other with my FA08 (with the adapter to change tip and ring).

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

What everyone above said. One more vote for the FC7 for all the previously cited reasons, and also the Ashby bridge for non-Yammie keys.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I got 3 FC7s I've had for several years. 2 for gigging, one of those on the Yammie and the other on the XK1. Love 'em!

In the haste of load out one night, I crushed the cable of the third in my gig case. The wires were bared, but not broken. So it's taped up and still works perfectly for the rehearsal rig at home.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

B3bluesman59,what are your thoughts on your SK1-73?.Are you happy with the piano and organ sounds.

Not B3bluesman, but I have an Sk1-61, which has the same sounds. IMHO, the organ is first class, and the piano is good enough for a band setting, but loses out a bit against dedicated digital pianos if you are using it for solo work.

Hope this helps.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I used other pedals and thought they were fine until I tried the FC-7.....I've never looked back. It's a night and day difference

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I'm also one of those guys who uses the FC7 with the adapter for non-Yamaha gear. I love it. +1 to everything everyone else said.

Casio PX-5S, Casio PX-3, Hammond SK1, Roland XP-10, Classic MIDI Works AGO MIDI Pedalboard, Mainstage 3, Hauptwerk, Conn 8D

Previously owned: Yamaha DGX 230, Alesis Q88, Novation Impulse 61

Haha, one could say that about Roland in general. :-) More money for less quality. It caught up to them, finally. Nevertheless, I do hope they survive, if somewhat humbled.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I first bought the EV-5 and it truly sucked. Poor quality, short throw.

I then bought the FC-7 and never looked back. I first wired up a polarity turnaround (like the Ashby Solutions) but since all I use it for is a Nord Electro, I bought a metal 1/4" plug and cut the molded plug off and rewired it permanently for my rig.

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

I had two FC7's. The first one eventually wore out after years of abuse. The send one's been going for another few years. It seems compatible with a lot of boards. I use it with the Hammond SK2 and the MOX8. Works fine on most Roland stuff too. Thumbs up!
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

PS I really like mine also.

I still have mine from my DX7. I use it to control my Nord Electro 2's volume via a couple of Hosa stereo Y-cable adaptors with the ends reversed.

I found a second one for $10 in a clearance box at a small local music store. I keep it in the trunk of my car whenever I need it when gigging with the Nord Electro. For that one, I cut off the jack and soldered in the reversed wires to a new jack.

Archived