Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Knob replacement for KC-500??

ProfQ

Hey guys, I use a KC-500 as my main amp for stage I pulled it out of the car yesterday to find one of the amp's volume knobs missing.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? It doesn't have to be a roland knob, I'm totally cool with any knob, any look and feel, as long as it fits on the amp.

Ideas?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:snax:

:laugh:

(Moe, I know you're just itching to strike the first word from the thread title.)

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Everything is in perfect working order. It's a halved metal cylinder that spinds from 1 - 10. Only the plastic knob cap that came off, the kind you can push and pull on and off at will. Not the kind that has a screw in the side (as you'd see on one of those les paul guitar things people are always talking about).

So I just need some kind of push on plastic knob piece. It's not a necessary item for the amp to ork but it makes turning the knob and reading the volume from afar 80% easier!

:snax:

:laugh:

(Moe, I know you're just itching to strike the first word from the thread title.)

Moe wants to replace the knob with this:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f0/MKIITrainingGrenade.jpg/200px-MKIITrainingGrenade.jpg

Rudy

A cheaper knob might be found somewhere like Radio Shack (however, it likely won't have the same appearance as the other knobs on the amp).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Or your local Roland dealer? A replacement knob for my VR-09 was only $2. Took forever to come in, though.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

OK.....I'll be the one to do it. Take all the remaining knobs off. Sell them for 6 bucks each and put the money toward a powered speaker. I should heed my own advice but that Roland of mine just won't die so it stays at rehearsal where it can do little sonic harm :)

You can and are better off probably using one WITH a set screw. Just tighten the screw into the flat side.

Even if the knob might be a bit bigger it won't matter...the set screw will enable it to turn the shaft and not just spin around like its loose.

Archived