Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what is your favorite layers?

bluzeyone

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use a kind of strange combi. Starting with a B3 sound with a good leslie sim, I add a clavinet layer which bypasses the leslie effect. sweeten to taste and it will give you some funkiness for those Delbert McClinton tunes ... lol

Agree!! I love that Green Eyed Lady sound (B-3 with 888 0000 000, normal volume on the 3rd percussion, fast decay) with clavinet on top.

My other favorite layer is the Twin Peaks dark string sound (Roland D-50 and MKS-70 strings combined)

Another useful layer pairing for me is Piano and Celeste. I use it in a lot of the Motown (especially female vocal tunes like Come See About Me) and Motown-esque stuff we do (think Mayer Hawthorne - The Walk). I typically use one of the CP300 "mellow piano" voices and position it slightly lower in the layered mix than the celeste. It's got body ... yet is still light and somewhat airy.
The SpaceNorman :freak:

Whipped cream and strawberries layered on a not very sweet sponge cake.

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Angel food :thu:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

And here I thought it would be speakers on a stage piano.

:snax:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

you owe me a computer keyboard!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

you owe me a computer keyboard!

:D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This may be a admission of defeat but... I was layering sounds on the PC3K7 but couldn't get what I was looking for so I called on the guy that designed many of the sounds from the ground up - David Weiser, sound design wizard from Kurzweil & zappo,,, that did the trick! Super nice guy & very very helpful.

Still miss the AP from the Kronos, man that cuts perfectly in a band situation.

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

How's this?

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2010/04/13/GC_diner-style-strawberry-shortcake_s4x3_lg.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

How's this?

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2010/04/13/GC_diner-style-strawberry-shortcake_s4x3_lg.jpg

Ah yes! But which layer is your fave?

is it the strawberries upon the cake? Or is it the cake upon the plate? Or is it the table cloth upon the table? Or is it the table upon the floor? Or is it the floor upon the earth? Or is it the earth upon....Ouch!..the strawberries?? :laugh:

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

As long as we're derailing the thread, this is my favorite... triple layer mousse cake:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4004/4619958228_e5592f3dfa.jpg

TEE "derailed it" back around late December... Devil's food, and hold the Strawberries

Whipped cream on a nice devils food cake with strawberries Merry Christmas!!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

http://robonator.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/baconator.jpg

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived