Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hendrix on PBS

Junior 1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two hours of Jimi Hendrix on PBS tonight. pretty neat show. Tracked his whole life pretty much. A must watch for an amateur 1960's guitarist from the Jersey Shore. I generally hate the TV schtick, but for me this was some good TV. I liked it.

I watched it and really enjoyed it. My wife even watched it and was never a Hendrix fan. After watching, she has a new appreciation for his music. She didn't realize how rooted in R&B and Blues he was. Being from that era, it brought back a lot of memories.

I was of the same era too. The history of Jimi was well done. Toward the end of the program the guitar reminded me so much of SRV, I could imagine a young SRV learning his new licks in the privacy of his bedroom...great show!
Take care, Larryz

Throughout the show I only saw him play a lefty guitar once! The pictures from the Isley Brothers with him playing a Dano was cool. It appears that long after he could afford any guitar he wanted he still flipped over rightys! How about the sound he was getting out of that 12 string!

Toward the end of the program the guitar reminded me so much of SRV, I could imagine a young SRV learning his new licks in the privacy of his bedroom...great show!

I noticed that as well. The same idea crossed my mind while watching it.

Archived