Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Vintage Keys Sounds for Casio PX-5s

Dave Weiser

Just finished my first sound design contract gig for Casio - 15 new vintage keys presets for the PX-5s.

I had a blast - it's quite powerful and flexible. I especially liked working with the amp models.

The set includes classic Rhodes, Wurlies, CP80, Pianet and Clavs, most taken from iconic recordings.

The sounds will be available for free download probably tomorrow or Weds over at Casio's website.

Audio demos here:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no Pianet samples on the PX-5S, yet Dave made some Pianet sounds. (I think that's true of the CP80 as well?) :freak::thu:

Killer stuff, Dave!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Wow, very impressive work - great job!

The flexibility of this board is truly astounding - using parameters to change the stock sounds into completely new patches.

Also +100 on the Pianet - for a chopped-up Wurlie, it sounds pretty good!

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Wow, very impressive work - great job!

The flexibility of this board is truly astounding - using parameters to change the stock sounds into completely new patches.

Also +100 on the Pianet -

well said, James. great job, Dave! :thu:

:nopity:

Great stuff. Especially love the RayWurly - just the Wurly sound I've been trying for. Can't wait to look at it in the editor and see how it was done.

Hammond SK1, Casio Privia PX5-S, SpaceStation V.3, Behringer B1200D, 2-EV ZxA1s

MacBook Air, Novation ReMOTE 37SL, Logic, Pianoteq 5 Stage, Scarbee Vintage Keys

The MIDI Gizmo Museum!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mike, is there any chance of getting better Guitar/Bass/Drums patches for the PX?

I have only held off buying one because of the bass/drums and guitar patches being, well, quite poor on the PX-5 (JMO!!). I am totally convinced by the keys patches, but I do need the other ones as well.

Or is it not possible with the PX5 sound samples architecture

Dennis

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

The ability to alter and program drum sounds in the PX-5S is pretty extreme. We've done a kit or two that is available on the forum. Guitars haven't been a focus so far in new preset libraries but I'm sure we'll get to them. The stock bass sounds are pretty great IMO, new uprights and electric basses that were developed specifically for the PX-5S.

-Mike Martin

Casio

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Sorry Mike, but I have heard them (basses) and to be blunt (sorry) they are quite ordinary. As too the guitars, and the drum samples are not all that good either.

As I stressed before, it is just my take on them :) I know it is primarily a keys driven axe, but for what I do (solo) I need more than just keys. And I abhor multi keyboard rigs, looks so naff these days. Sort of like guys and v8 cars really - hey look at MY big rig!! Anyway I digress....

Seriously though, everything else and I MEAN everything else is the "ducks nuts" even the feel of the keybed. Not to worry.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I appreciate it.

Dennis

PS: sorry for the small hijack OP, I won't add any more!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Kurzweil lost a good one in you, Dave. I see certain similarities in your your approach to some Kurz patches and these new Casio ones. These new ones sound really nice.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Kurzweil lost a good one in you, Dave. I see certain similarities in your your approach to some Kurz patches and these new Casio ones. These new ones sound really nice.

Bob

Not to worry... I'll be doing contract work for Kurzweil as well, starting next week. :)

Yes Dave in the other post I neglected to say job well done, those sound patches are top quality!

Ha, you can take the boy out of Kurz, but you can't take the Kurz out of the boy ;)

Dennis

Just gave this stuff a listen. These sounds only reinforce the fact I need to give this thing a test drive.

Very impressive indeed!

Nord Stage 2 SW73, Kurzweil PC3LE7, Moog Sub 37, Alesis Ion, Rhodes Stage 73, Moog Werkstatt-01, Yamaha CP-300

-------------

Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting synthesizer

Interrup-MOOOOOOOOOG

• 1 month later...

The easiest way is using the editor's Transfer tool to drag and drop them where you want.

Otherwise you need to put them in on a USB drive. If the drive hasn't been formatted by the PX-5S you need to manually add a folder called "MUSICDAT". The files go there.

Then press and hold the MEDIA button. Select load, select Stage Settings. You can scroll through the list of files on the USB drive and choose the location you want to load them into from here.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Archived