Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This one is for kanker

Joe Muscara

Check out that "Country Western brown tolex"

Piano Yamaha - Electric Acoustic Stage Grand - model CP-80

http://images.craigslist.org/00909_c4sdxu0OPo1_600x450.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Real Corinthian leather?

That was rich Corinthian leather in the Chrysler Cordoba.

Sadly the only meaningful google results for "CP80 trebuchet" pointed to another discussion here. No pics or videos available. Yet.

--wmp

http://images.craigslist.org/00909_c4sdxu0OPo1_600x450.jpg

Gotta love: "The CP-80 was originally sold at a $ list price in the mid-80's which translates to around $15,000 in US dollars"; so of course $5000 is a great, current price :rolleyes: .

PT Barnum was right....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Kanker promised me the CP70 in his garage long ago...problem is he hates it to much to even move the paint cans out of the way to view it. I wonder if it's wrapped in fine Corinthian leather? Quite honestly, were I to lay my hands on it, I'm thinking Red Velvet with...what do you call it? the buttons and tucking....tuck and roll? Not sure. I'll put it right under my sofa sized velvet Elvis.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The Country Brown Tolex blends with the landscape and protects the Trebuchet from damage during the launch. Trebuchet's can be very expensive. You have to look at it as a return on investment. Preventative maintenance, maybe.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

So you bought it, right? Right???

I'm waiting to get a confirmation on the trebuchet from Moe first.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

LOL. A CP70 was $4K, back in the day. IIRC, the price didn't change much over the years. What was a CP80?

Anyway, no soundboard. Sorry Charlie. My guess is he'll be lucky to get $1500 for it.

I never understood anyone getting a CP80 unless it was a pro act where the cost was irrelevant, and other people moved it for you. The notes outside the CP70 range were useless. Some might say the ones in the CP70 range were too! But I loved my CP70, until DPs that sounded better became available in the late 90's.

There's a working trebuchet at Baux, France. They give demos daily. Ship it there; I bet they'd love to have some fun!

.I never understood anyone getting a CP80 unless it was a pro act where the cost was irrelevant, and other people moved it for you. The notes outside the CP70 range were useless. Some might say the ones in the CP70 range were too!

The strings across the entire harp on the CP80 were longer, which gave it better tuning stability and less string breakage. It also gave it at least a slightly better lower register.

Plus you did get all 88 keys. Wolfspade put this video up of George Duke in another thread, and I do believe he managed to find a use for them all ;)

[video:youtube]4gZr5sqJmV0

Kanker promised me the CP70 in his garage long ago...problem is he hates it to much to even move the paint cans out of the way to view it. I wonder if it's wrapped in fine Corinthian leather? Quite honestly, were I to lay my hands on it, I'm thinking Red Velvet with...what do you call it? the buttons and tucking....tuck and roll? Not sure. I'll put it right under my sofa sized velvet Elvis.

Word on the street is that Kanker's CP70 is wrapped in gray ostrich....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• 5 weeks later...
Is that thing still available for burning?
:laugh: The listing is still active so I guess so.

Archived