Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Just In......PX-5S

unclebyron

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The vids showing just AP sounds being played really show how good the AP sounds are despite ambient crowd noise on the vids. Doesn't hurt that the guy is a monster player,but,nonetheless the APs sound really good. He gives it a hell of a pounding too,and it keeps on ticking. I was already sold,but now I'm really eager to get my mitts on one of these. Glad to hear the street date hasn't been delayed.

Hello, I'd like to ask for integration into the personal computer, a VSTi plug-in to integrate it into the DAW. To load the concrete patche part multitimbral and also function as editor on the PC. I know it's another job added, but it would be professional and extremely attractive.

Greetings.

Those manuals have been up for a while, but this thread is so long it's helpful to have them linked to again. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Here is a nice and exposed piano demo by Stephen Leblanc.

Thanks Stephen!

To my ears, this 'stage setting' sounds (and feels) more 'real' than demos I've done on the PX350 (which also sounds very good IMO).

*Disclaimer - Casio has paid me to do product demos at conventions and/or stores. That said, my words here are my own and I use Casio keyboards on my gigs because I personally like them.

Very nice playing there Stephen! That is a very tasteful demo, Roland could use someone like you. Their demos are usually only good for comic relief.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Those manuals have been up for a while, but this thread is so long it's helpful to have them linked to again. :thu:

Sorry - yea must have missed it the first time.

Looking it over, the waveform list is much more comprehensive than previous Privia PX keyboards. This thing should be able to cover a lot of bases besides just pianos and pads.

Here is a nice and exposed piano demo by Stephen Leblanc.

Thanks Stephen!

To my ears, this 'stage setting' sounds (and feels) more 'real' than demos I've done on the PX350 (which also sounds very good IMO).

*Disclaimer - Casio has paid me to do product demos at conventions and/or stores. That said, my words here are my own and I use Casio keyboards on my gigs because I personally like them.

Man, you play so pretty it makes my big toe shoot up in my boot.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Mike is there enough gain on the line in to plug a mic into? Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I missed it.

I don't think so. You'd probably have to use a small mixer or preamp. I'll check when I can.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mike is there enough gain on the line in to plug a mic into? Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I missed it.

LINE INs always operate at LINE LEVEL, which are not enough to plug a mic into. You'll need a box that converts MIC LEVEL input to LINE LEVEL output, then plug that line level output into the Casio's LINE LEVEL INput.

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

I played a PX-3 on Saturday. Does this thing feel like a PX-3?

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

No hurry - it's not a big deal. But it would make life easier for those low key functions when it's just me and a powered speaker with no mixer on the back.

Maybe an Avalon preamp and a XLR-to-1/8" phones plug adapter does the trick ... :facepalm:

:D

A.C.

P.S.:

S##t,- I forgot the balanced to unbalanced converter in between.

LINE INs always operate at LINE LEVEL, which are not enough to plug a mic into.

Ideally yes, but practically speaking some devices have enough gain in their line input to make a mic work - often with some hiss but at least it works.

The PX-5s has an input sensitivity of 200mV, and coupled with an external input volume setting of 0-127 in it's mixer section there might be enough oomph to do it.

It's not a deal breaker to me in the least, but it would be a nice bonus.

Casio ships to our retailers at the end of next week, exactly as I originally said.

Correction. The first shipment went out last last Friday. More coming in later in the month.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived