Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humor is such a great way to teach.

I would like to hug the author of that reply

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Maybe you couldn't have said it better, but you could have said it in a funny voice! In my mind's ear I can hear the man-eating spider pulling this off. :laugh:

They have a name, you know.

:D

Not to go OT, but for those of you who don't know, occasionally I do voices for video games. This is one of the first ones I did back in the 90s.

I did from that same game....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Maybe you couldn't have said it better, but you could have said it in a funny voice! In my mind's ear I can hear the man-eating spider pulling this off. :laugh:

Not to go OT, but for those of you who don't know, occasionally I do voices for video games. This is one of the first ones I did back in the 90s.

dB

I knew you did voice-overs, dB, but I had not heard these.

Too cool. :cool:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Here's a different approach to the problem. This one turned up on Fort Collins CL the other week.

" I'll Play For Free (But Someone Will Pay) " CLONK

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Here's a different approach to the problem. This one turned up on Fort Collins CL the other week.

" I'll Play For Free (But Someone Will Pay) " CLONK

LMAO! :thu:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

A friend just sent me this which was apparently posted in response to the original ad :

I'll Play For Free (But Someone Will Pay)

Date: 2012-07-27, 12:39PM MDT

Reply to: rgnfg-3166841261@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'll gladly do this show with a couple of buddies. Here's how it's going to go: We're going to bring a deluxe reverb with two pedals, a Yamaha bass amp and a tiny drum set, one microphone and one powered behringer speaker - it all fits in a minivan and it will sound fine for a bunch of tossers on a backyard porch. We're pros. We know 200 plus songs between us. We'll make it sound good enough. But, here's the dig - we're all decent looking skinny guys in our thirties and... we are gigging musicians. We are going to suck up your booze so fast you'll think you were struck by alcoholic locusts. And then, we're going to outwardly and openly hit on every single upright piece of puzzy that dares enter the property. If they dance, they're getting a guitar between the thighs, at least. We're going to comment on their breasts, their butts, their dance moves, their honky tonk badonkadonk, etc., We'll try to coax them in to a back bathroom for a little oratory or in to the bedroom for a little stinky. If their fat boyfriends of husbands object, oh well. It's ladies choice - and it's doubtful we'l ever see these people again. Besides, we have to get something for our time - it's sex, drugs and rock and roll after all. One of us will find some over-served, already committed soccer mom who wants to relive her glory days in the back of our minivan... it happens at every show.

Or, you could just pay us a couple hundred bucks, get a professional sound system, a professional attitude and leave the police and attorneys out of it.

What time should we show up?

· it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3166841261

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

A friend just sent me this which was apparently posted in response to the original ad :

I'll Play For Free (But Someone Will Pay)

Date: 2012-07-27, 12:39PM MDT

Reply to: rgnfg-3166841261@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'll gladly do this show with a couple of buddies. Here's how it's going to go: We're going to bring a deluxe reverb with two pedals, a Yamaha bass amp and a tiny drum set, one microphone and one powered behringer speaker - it all fits in a minivan and it will sound fine for a bunch of tossers on a backyard porch. We're pros. We know 200 plus songs between us. We'll make it sound good enough. But, here's the dig - we're all decent looking skinny guys in our thirties and... we are gigging musicians. We are going to suck up your booze so fast you'll think you were struck by alcoholic locusts. And then, we're going to outwardly and openly hit on every single upright piece of puzzy that dares enter the property. If they dance, they're getting a guitar between the thighs, at least. We're going to comment on their breasts, their butts, their dance moves, their honky tonk badonkadonk, etc., We'll try to coax them in to a back bathroom for a little oratory or in to the bedroom for a little stinky. If their fat boyfriends of husbands object, oh well. It's ladies choice - and it's doubtful we'l ever see these people again. Besides, we have to get something for our time - it's sex, drugs and rock and roll after all. One of us will find some over-served, already committed soccer mom who wants to relive her glory days in the back of our minivan... it happens at every show.

Or, you could just pay us a couple hundred bucks, get a professional sound system, a professional attitude and leave the police and attorneys out of it.

What time should we show up?

· it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3166841261

dB

Or you could have just clicked Allan's link.... :laugh:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

dB

OT:

That's amazing! :D Pretty cool!

I love the second one: *you killed my mother, my father, my many brothers, all six of my sisters, in fact, my entire species...*

hahahaha, great script! :D

close OT

Archived