Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free Minimoog anyone?

mcgoo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I logged into their damn fb thing twice, but still no sign of their email. I'll wait until tomorrow night, then I'll write Arturia... I hope they will play it fair and finally give me the damn download link!

Not feeling like messing with pirate bay very much... messing with facebook was already taxing for my nerves.

Lol let's complain about the hoops we have to jump through to get a free softsynth! :D

Laughing at myself, I also balked at signing up for a facebook app, mostly because the email attached to my fb account is mostly spamless at this point.

I will create a disposeable fb account for this, though. Good idea!

tried three times to download, and file corrupted each time...fourth time in progress...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

I also have a "corrupted" link, and the torrent won't open.

Their servers must be overloaded, so I'll wait a while and try again later.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

I just got the email, the torrent that was attached worked fast and perfectly. I'm currently sharing it back.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

on the fourth attempt I succeeded. Cool. Manual doesnt seem to be included in the download, but is available from the website, for those of you who RTFM....

It is fun and it was FREE! :)

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

Argh, I know it is poor form to complain about free, but all I have gotten for free so far is a bunch of wasted time.

I got my link, began my download at a dial-up rate. It crashed about 3 MB in. I canceled and started again. Now every time I try the download link, the download finishes immediately and the resultant file is, of course, 0 KB.

I am surprised to read in this thread that some people attempted the download multiple times. To me it seems it is a one-click proposition for each associated email address. Is there something I need to know about retrying the download link?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I had no problem clicking on the link multiple times, nor did I do anything special. The whole file is about 69 mb, maybe too much for your dial up to handle???

good luck anyway, hope it sorts itself out...

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

The ftp server is really overloaded. I have had better luck with the torrent. Of course I had to install uTorrent to use it.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Ah, promotion has ended. Either I missed out on a killer deal, a "meh" softsynth, or a time-wasting gaunlet that is still not resolved, if posts here are any indication. :laugh: Oh well, my computer is probably too ancient to run it anyway.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

I had no problem clicking on the link multiple times, nor did I do anything special. The whole file is about 69 mb, maybe too much for your dial up to handle???

good luck anyway, hope it sorts itself out...

Thanks. By Dial-up, I actually meant the download rate was a vintage '90s 4 - 8kbps. My connnection is high speed.

I DID get the download to work.

Just got a chance to play with it for a while. Sounds nice. Resource hog. My admittedly underpowered-by-today's-standards DAW did NOT like its polyphonic mode at all. Sound would shut off after just a few notes. I also felt some latency at ASIO 512 where I usually run softsynths comfortably. I switched to 256 and did feel some improvement but I couldn't keep it there in any real world mixes.

I did an A/B experiment with the softsynth Sylenth 1, starting from virtual zero with an unfiltered square wave and all envelopes off, trying to match sounds from there. Interesting. The timbre of Sylenth appealed to me a little more.

But I still have in my ears that Minimonsta Moog emu. I just recall that synth having the fastest attack of any softsynth I'd ever heard heard, which is something I like for the old common sense reason that you can always dull the attack, but you can't make it any sharper than its default.

Anyway, thanks Arturia! A nice free complement for sure

Gotta own up when I am wrong: my polyphony drop out issue SEEMS to be due to the fact that I inadvertently had the standalone and the VSTi open simultaneously...though I couldn't see the standalone version interface in Windows at all until Reaper was closed...weird, but CPU load is now on the high end of average and polyphony seems to work well. I am also warming to the sound. Certainly a nice gift.

The download is the same for everyone, right? (Well one for Macs, another for PCs.) On top of that, you need a authorization code, which is unique, correct?

So if someone couldn't download it, another one of us could send the file itself to that person, assuming platform. I could send the file to another Mac user, for instance. Would that be okay? The file is no good without the authorization, which you have to get from Arturia.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Downloaded and working. Didn't have any problems with the regular download - avoided the torrent. Email with authorization took a little longer to get here but that could've been due to the volume of requests.

I also have minimonsta and it's always been my go to for Moog sounds. I especially am fond of the "morphing" capabilities which give it something of course over and above the real thing. I've laid down few tracks in Cubase with the new Arturia Moog V and am warming up to it nicely. Filters are super warm. Do I think it will knock minimonsta out of its revered spot in my workflow? No, but I appreciate Arturia's gift to us all just the same. YMMV

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived