Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kung Fu Piano

therealvicz

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they transformed me alright: from typical Monday fatigued to slightly agitated. Im sure the effect would have been different had I listened to 10 minutes of the kung fu piano uninterrupted by dialogue.

:freak::facepalm:

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I'd personally rather see him try and break the keyboard in two with a kung fu chop, as that would be more entertaining that what was just presented.

The "continuous" wave of his music was more of a "rogue wave" of annoying than anything really musical.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Thought it was quite pretty at first.

When did JR get follicle implants and grey extensions?

Has to be you JR, not nearly enough grunting for a hirsute Keith.

Reminds me of "Birds Of Fire" by the Mahavishnu Orchestra. Didn't like that either. That's personal taste though - they'd have lapped this guy up at Woodstock.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

I'd personally rather see him try and break the keyboard in two with a kung fu chop, as that would be more entertaining

I kept hoping Billy Joel would bust in, shove the guy off the bench, and tear into Angry Young Man while yelling "You want kung fu piano? THIS is kung fu piano!"

Amazing what passes for news these days. They could have (for example) spent two minutes reviewing Keith Jarrett's new disk and done the world some good...but I guess that isn't as fun as a side show.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

didn't Mozart say that music was what happened inbetween the notes?

Not impressed...

He has his own style, and experience; enjoys the music he's creating.... ok, I'm fine with that. But, "....my body is achieving this super-pianistic level of mentality..." ??? :sick: That statement is a solid argument to "Let the music speak for itself".

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I kept hoping Billy Joel would bust in, shove the guy off the bench, and tear into Angry Young Man while yelling "You want kung fu piano? THIS is kung fu piano!"

:thu:

LOL- I was just scrolling to the end of this thread to post exactly that...

-Mike

Archived