Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM dinner 2012

Dave Bryce

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dB+1

RedKey +1

Mike Martin

Bobadoshe

Tonysounds

Ken ElevenShadows

Eric

zxcvbnm098 +1

OB Dave

steadyb

Marzzz +1

Elsongs

Gustrax

LX88

Up to 18. Pope table unlikely.

dB

I think you missed me, so make that 20:

Dave Pierce +1

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

dB+1

RedKey +1

Mike Martin

Bobadoshe

Tonysounds

Ken ElevenShadows

Eric

zxcvbnm098 +1

OB Dave

steadyb

Marzzz +1

Elsongs

Gustrax

LX88

Up to 18. Pope table unlikely.

dB

I think you missed me, so make that 20:

Dave Pierce +1

--Dave

Ooops. Sorry....21 including musicbysterling.

I've actually made the reservation for 24, because there's always people who don't see the thread the first few times it comes up, or whose situations change....only problem is that when we went over 20 people, they wanted to insist on a preorder sort of menu with very limited selections...and we don''t roll like that... :cop:

The compromise I made with the manager is that we can use the regular menu and order however we want...but our reservation will now be at 8:30 instead of 8.

Everybody cool with that?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

...only problem is that when we went over 20 people, they wanted to insist on a preorder sort of menu with very limited selections...and we don''t roll like that... :cop:

Love that. We sure as hell don't roll like that. And we've been good faithful folk these past umpteen years so hopefully they are willing to work with us.

8:30 it is! I'll just have to have a late lunch. But not too late. Because when it comes to Bucca time, I want to EAT.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. There's room. The reservation is for 24.

I believe Mr. Fortner is joining us as well. That's 24, by my count. :thu:

dB +1

RedKey +1

Mike Martin

Bobadoshe

Tonysounds

Ken ElevenShadows +1

Eric

zxcvbnm098 +1

OB Dave

steadyb

Marzzz +1

Elsongs

Gustrax

LX88

Dave Pierce +1

Musicbysterling

Steve Fortner

Markyboard

Excellent group - really looking forward to it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Note to self: remember next year, well before NAMM, that these gatherings happen, so that self does not say, "I'm not in the market for gear, why do I need to go to NAMM?" :D

Have fun you guys! Wish I'd planned to be there at this point ...

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Note to self: remember next year, well before NAMM, that these gatherings happen, so that self does not say, "I'm not in the market for gear, why do I need to go to NAMM?" :D

Have fun you guys! Wish I'd planned to be there at this point ...

Ditto on that.... I'm planning on 2013. After the past two year's dinners, I'm missing y'all tonight. Have fun, and take lots o' pictures !

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Here are a couple of pictures, I hope someone else took better ones!

Clockwise from bottom left, we see Chris, Ken, Pat, dB, RedKey, Andy, steadyb, Elson, OB Dave (standing) and Geoff Grace

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/e888000008/NAMM%202012/0593d129.jpg

Next we see markyboard, Tom Brislin and dB

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/e888000008/NAMM%202012/779fd7cb.jpg

Mike Martin and tonysounds

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/e888000008/NAMM%202012/fa445aee.jpg

Back table from right we have marzzz and wife, markyboard, Dave Pierce and Bobadoshe

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/e888000008/NAMM%202012/51516a34.jpg

Great hang/dinner once again. Really enjoyed seeing the "regs" as well as meeting and talking to Tony(Sounds), Dan (Redkey) & bandmates Andy/Pat and Tom Brislin for the first time. Special thanks to Dan and Mike for picking up the tab. You guys are awesome!

It was a great hang, indeed. I'm telling Audrey all about it, she is so bummed that she missed it! Michelle, you definitely gotta come -- it's a lot of fun.

Thanks so much to Dan and Mike for their generosity. That's a lot of hungry keyboard players to pick up a tab for. :thu:

As always, it was truly lovely to connect with my KC brethren in meatspace. I think we understand each other in ways that other musicians don't, let alone non-musician people. This forum truly is a human community, even when it's all online. But in person you really get to see that.

I had decided to skip NAMM in 2013, because we want to take a big trip to Australia in the winter. But Audrey is so bummed that she missed the dinner that she is trying to talk me into going next year too. ;) So who knows, maybe we will.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Dave, you win the award for being most recognizable by wearing your avatar on your shirt! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Another dinner in the history books. Great times, all! Thanks to the always intense dB and extra thanks to Dan and Mike for their generosity (it bears repeating)! Have a great 2012 all of you and see most of you again in 2013!

Dave if you and Audrey go next year I will seriously try to finagle a pass from somewhere ... Australia tho, that would be way cool ....

Meatspace, I like it LOL. never heard that one before.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Archived