Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: safe to eat?

Alchemist

Last night I left a bake pasta dish out on the counter above the dishwasher.

Ingredients:

Creamed spinach

Turkey

Parmesan

Driedtomatoes

And pasta.

It was in a sealed tupperware container. And while the dishwasher was running, it was a cold night.

Think it's safe to eat? Probably sitting out from 9:30 pm to 715: am.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have to ask I would NOT eat it. Especially on Thursday night if you have a weekend gig. It really stinks to have a case of the ****s on a gig night. LOL

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

If you heat it enough, that will kill anything.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Our cat doesn't eat anything outside of the puke colored crap they make. It's all baked. And there's alot. Hate to see it wasted

I would nuke the beegeebees out of it. I don't know if that helps. I've probably eaten worse but that doesn't mean it is thing to do.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Last night I left a bake pasta dish out on the counter above the dishwasher.

Ingredients:

Creamed spinach

Turkey

Parmesan

Driedtomatoes

And pasta.

It was in a sealed tupperware container. And while the dishwasher was running, it was a cold night.

Think it's safe to eat? Probably sitting out from 9:30 pm to 715: am.

Here's an idea..... eat it :snax: & report back in 24hrs.

If we don't get a coherent response, then we're all the wiser. :thu:

Enjoy..... & good luck ! :sick:

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

If you heat it enough, that will kill anything.

Yeah, but food poisoning bacteria aren't the problem, it's the endotoxins they produce. And those are NOT changed by reheating.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I reread the OP. That it sat on a warm counter above the dishwasher makes it more likely that it stayed at a nice warmish bacteria-incubating temp even longer.

Keep hot food hot and cold food cold.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Actually, the main thing I'd worry about in this situation is the cream. If you've smelled/tasted it, and it doesn't smell/taste rancid, I don't think you have much to worry about, especially given that it was sealed and relatively chilly during that time.

No guarantees of course. I personally would probably eat it without thinking twice, but I also still observe the "5 second rule" when it comes to food on the ground, so take that however you will. :D

Actually, the main thing I'd worry about in this situation is the cream. If you've smelled/tasted it, and it doesn't smell/taste rancid, I don't think you have much to worry about, especially given that it was sealed and relatively chilly during that time.

No guarantees of course. I personally would probably eat it without thinking twice, but I also still observe the "5 second rule" when it comes to food on the ground, so take that however you will. :D

Rancid cream is not going to be his problem. And the bad stuff doesn't have any taste or smell.

And as it sat on top of the dishwasher, it was not even cooled to room temp that quickly.

Who knows what the odds are, but even if it was one in ten that it's bad, I wouldn't eat it. Of course, I'm self-employed and a day spent in the bathroom with vomiting and diarrhea means a day with no income. That aside, that is one of the most miserable experiences one can have, even if it isn't dangerous (which it well could be). Any stats on fatalities or hospitalizations from food-borne illness, anyone?

You know, this could also be looked at as a manifestation of Darwin's natural selection as well. :D

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

In the United States, using FoodNet data from 20002007, the CDCP estimated there were 47.8 million foodborne illnesses (16,000 cases for 100,000 inhabitants).

127,839 were hospitalized (43 per 100,000 inhabitants);

3,037 people died (1.0 per 100,000 inhabitants.).

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Rancid cream is not going to be his problem. And the bad stuff doesn't have any taste or smell. And as it sat on top of the dishwasher, it was not even cooled to room temp that quickly.

Any sort of dairy left out could run the risk of staphylococcal food poisoning. Having experienced that first hand, I would not hesitate to throw it out.

My favorite quote regarding enteroccal food poisoning: At first you're afraid you are going to die, then you're afraid you won't.

Of course, I'm self-employed...
...with a degree in medicine. I'd listen to the doc. ;)

Thanks Kev, but I'm an anesthesiologist. My paranoia comes from my sister-in-law the chef.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I'm eating it. A small bit first to see if it's safe. Once again. Nothing in it will have salmonella or endotoxins. It would probably just have mold.

Dude, why did you start this thread if you were going to eat it anyway?

People who have had food poisoning enough times don't take chances like what you're doing. I'm one of those people.

Hope it all comes out well in the end . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I'm eating it. A small bit first to see if it's safe. Once again. Nothing in it will have salmonella or endotoxins. It would probably just have mold.

Dude, why did you start this thread if you were going to eat it anyway?

Darwin works in strange and mysterious ways. And one bite? As if you'll know anything immediately.

People who have had food poisoning enough times don't take chances like what you're doing. I'm one of those people.

Hope it all comes out well in the end . . .

"Hope it all comes out well in the end . . ."

And THIS is the quote of the thread. Actually, if it doesn't go well, it's going to come out of BOTH ends. :D

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Archived