Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Our own B3-er gets rave review

telecaster

Norwegian magazine BluesNews have been to a concert with Janiva Magness at Hell Bluesfestival (!) and the journalist is very impressed with Jim Alfredsson, I qoute:

"Det ble ikke mye dårligere etter at Duke Robillard overlot stafettpinnen i Magic Mirror til amerikansk blues' nye førstedame, Janiva Magness og hennes band.

- Jeg elsker å komme til Norge. Vi er privilegert som får lov å komme hit, sa Magness fra scenen. Og som debutant på Blues in Hell entret hun selvsagt scenen med rosa djevelhorn på hver side av hodet. Førstedamen leverte et tett og solid sett sammen med sitt meget sterke band. Et band hvor Jim Alfredssons spill på Hammond B3 fikk noen og hver til å bli imponert. Stort bedre kan det neppe gjøres."

In English;

The FirstLady delivered a tight and solid set with her very strong(meaning good) band. A band where Jim Alfredssons HammondB3 playing got everyones attention. It cant be done any better! "

Sorry, English is not my native tounge but you get the meaning, he impressed and moved everybody with his brilliant playing.

Well done, Congrats!!!

:-)

C3 & 122, XK3C & 3300, SK2 & Ventilator/3300

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Jim! Looking forward to hearing more.

Mark

PS - Absolutely love the ATC-x!! Thanks.

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

I've been greatly impressed with Jim's playing since I first started posting here almost 6 years ago. At the time I WAS surprised a player of his caliber was mostly playing local gigs, and today I'm NOT surprised that he has taken it to a new level. As far as I'm concerned, Jim should be able to audition for and get any B3 playing gig he would want.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Jim is B3-er on KC.

"Think Pink Floyd are whiny old men? No Problem. Turn em off and enjoy the Miley Cyrus remix featuring Pitbull." - Cygnus64

Life is shorter than you think...make it count.

I have no idea who you're talking about.

:laugh:

You can listen to his jazzplaying here:

Organissimo web

and if you are remotely interested in Hammond sounds and techical issues click on the GEAR tab on his web page.

Jim is not only a very good artist, he is also a tech guru for us who believe in Hammondology and gives a lot of good advice here.

I am forever grateful for his tips about the XK3C and Leslies, nice work!!

C3 & 122, XK3C & 3300, SK2 & Ventilator/3300

I bought Jim's music from Amazon.com and play it in my car all the time. It always brings a smile to my face.

Jim came to my area to play at Papa Mojo's Roadhouse a few months ago. BluesKeys and I went to hear him. It was a fine, fine performance!

So yes... Jim deserves this praise. He works awfully hard on his music. He's a road warrier. And he puts his family first.

Yeah - I'm a big fan of B3-er. He's an alright guy. :thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Congrats Jim and keep up the good work. To possess both a passion for music and craftsmanship is a great ability indeed:thu:!

My world: www.chriselkins.ca

Roland D-70/SC-55, Kawai K5000s, Korg Triton Extreme 88, Yamaha MO8, Yamaha SY-99, Technics SX-U90P 'Pro90'

"I've heard a lot worse!"

I'm a fan. It's kind of interesting that about every 3 months we have another thread in praise of B-3'er. But hey, it's not undeserved. I want to know how he keeps his hair in perfect condition even while on the road.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I'm a fan. It's kind of interesting that about every 3 months we have another thread in praise of B-3'er.

Word. too much love for B3-er.

I suggest we nominate someone else for praise; perhaps a "Prase this cat of the week" thread.

For week one--I nominate Jim (B3-er) !!

;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Sorry, English is not my native tounge but you get the meaning, he impressed and moved everybody with his brilliant playing.
Well, you did better than Google:

There was not much worse after the Duke Robillard left the baton in the Magic Mirror to the American blues' new first lady, Janiva Magness and her band.

- I love to come to Norway. We are privileged to be allowed to come here, said Magness from the stage. And that debut on the Blues in Hell she entered the course, the scene with pink devil horns on each side of the head. The first lady delivered a tight and sturdy build, with its very strong band. A band in which Jim Alfredsson games on Hammond B3 got a few and each to be impressed. Much better it can hardly be done.

:laugh:

You guys are too kind. Thanks for the love. Driving into Tucson right now for a show tonight. Got one more show on Saturday with Janiva for 2011. It's been a wild ride. I'm lookin forward to time with my family and finishing up some of my own projects (including a new organissimo cd).

Norway is a great country. I hope we play there again soon.

And I'm a Dapper Dan man. ;)

I believe that I saw him kick a dog..... Once.

Yeah, good guy, great player, nice hair.....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

You guys are too kind. Thanks for the love. Driving into Tucson right now for a show tonight. Got one more show on Saturday with Janiva for 2011. It's been a wild ride. I'm lookin forward to time with my family and finishing up some of my own projects (including a new organissimo cd).

Norway is a great country. I hope we play there again soon.

And I'm a Dapper Dan man. ;)

So, is the plan to do more with Janiva in 2012?

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

She'd be a fool not to, and she ain't no fool. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived